GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 6:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from chaos33

*GrimPol nodding fervently in agreement with the bloke on front cover, as he stares angrily at the transmission*
…thinking…..‘I need to get that book. Then get some help reading it’.

Ha ha ha    The Intelligence bit of the AI counts the pair out.
  Poojah and Chaos33 think the book is about AI road down Sarf  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 45
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 7:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker

I struggle to see why it's woke. Is it because the Mail and/or Express say it is?

Don't act naive more than you are

Because its carries the colours of those people who mutilate confused kids perhaps. It certainly not red, but hey if the guys in the team don't get out of the first pool, they can pretend and play in Womens Euros 2025, now they have the right badge, eh BCT?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 22, 2024, 7:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from GrimPol

Because its carries the colours of those people who mutilate confused kids perhaps. It certainly not red, but hey if the guys in the team don't get out of the first pool, they can pretend and play in Womens Euros 2025, now they have the right badge, eh BCT?

I’m with you on this.

Like you, I still sleep with the light on, just in case the blue and purple people come to mutilate us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 45
Yossarian
March 22, 2024, 7:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,073
Gold Stars: 18
Reading this thread I guess there are some people on this forum who would like a tabid right wing nut running the club and writing in the Daily Mail every week.

Not everything is a left wing take-over,  Maybe - just maybe - society is kinder and more inclusive and well balanced and nuanced than the mouth-breathers would believe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 45
chaos33
March 22, 2024, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GrimPol

Are Nike:

A) Cultural Marxists
B) Tofu eating wokerati
C) Part of the deep state
D) Woke Warriors
E) All of the above

And, are they….

Laughing at cretins like you, getting upset and thinking of sending a semi literate Facebook message to Lee Anderson…

It’s a cr*p and arrogant idea, on a shirt that’s priced at an insulting level for ‘normal working people’ and I hope nobody buys it. There. I’ve sorted you a more liveable, calm and factual position on this, so you can take that on board, calm down, and stop babbling sh1te.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 45
GrimPol
March 22, 2024, 7:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker

I’m with you on this.

Like you, I still sleep with the light on, just in case the blue and purple people come to mutilate us.

Do give over.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 45
grimps
March 22, 2024, 7:35pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46

Is St George's flag hated by the left? I'm as woke as f*ck and pretty left leaning but I'm not really aware of a hatred of it. What we do hate is how it and the Union Jack have been appropriated by the right as symbols of right wing politics, nationalism, 'national pride' and racism.

I got a red cross or 2 for asking why the Nike cross is woke and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why it is - I would get it if it was rainbow coloured or the colours of the Palestinian flag or (say) Rastafarian colours, but it's blue, red and a sort of purpley colour.

And for the record, I don't like it. The St George's cross is red on a white background.

Every country in the world waves their flag Bob , why can’t we ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 22, 2024, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from grimps

Every country in the world waves their flag Bob , why can’t we ?

Nowhere did I say we couldn’t, you’ve put words in my mouth. I want to wave my flag and I am proud of my nation’s history and heritage but I object to definitions of patriotism and national pride being driven by right wing demagogues using my national identity to their own political ends.

I come from the land of Shakespeare, Pankhurst, Darwin, Henry Moore, Nitin Sawnhey and Anish Kapoor. Of Sunday roasts and Friday night curries. Of the lovely Asian family who live across the road from me celebrating Diwali and Christmas.

And I completely reject the vision for my country that the demagogues have. Patriotism is not nationalism.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 45
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 22, 2024, 8:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from GrimPol

U ok hun?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 45
Phil the cod
March 22, 2024, 9:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61

Attachment: img_1_1710911920016_7151.jpg
Size: 41.33 KB

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Jasons latest in the Guardian

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.