Youth Team

This thread currently has 1,148 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Wyberway
March 11, 2024, 3:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Congratulations to our youth team who beat Mansfield Town on penalties to progress to the Youth Alliance Northern Cup Final. They will play Preston North End a week on Saturday (hopefully at BP) and then Portsmouth in the National final if they beat Preston. Having seen these boys play a few times at Bradley this season, I believe there are 5-6 future first team players in their squad. well done to the boys and coaches
Logged Offline
Private Message
toontown
March 11, 2024, 6:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Wyberway
Congratulations to our youth team who beat Mansfield Town on penalties to progress to the Youth Alliance Northern Cup Final. They will play Preston North End a week on Saturday (hopefully at BP) and then Portsmouth in the National final if they beat Preston. Having seen these boys play a few times at Bradley this season, I believe there are 5-6 future first team players in their squad. well done to the boys and coaches

Where would the final be, one of the grounds of whoever is in it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
grimsby pete
March 11, 2024, 7:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Wyberway

I wish they would hurry up we could do with them in the team now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
chaos33
March 11, 2024, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Wow, that is some achievement. Current youth team seems to be competing above its station so I hope it bears first team fruit soon. Massive well done to all in that set up. Suffering the trauma and loss that they have, they’re pretty f***ing heroic in  standing up straight and digging in., in my book, never mind winning football matches consistently.  They’re only young lads and the pressure they’re under in terms of their career and their education is gigantic, and they lost a comrade.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
TownSNAFU5
March 11, 2024, 8:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
Well done to a talented team and squad.  They were unlucky in the FA Youth Cup drawing the beaten finalists Notts Forest.  Even more unlucky playing Millwall.

Despite Town having good chances in the first half Millwall’s quality shone through in the end.  They were clinical.

Looking back, we did very well.  Millwall have progressed to play Leeds in the semi-final.  Millwall best Chelsea in the 6th round.  Man City play Bristol City in the other semi-final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 12, 2024, 9:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Huge step up to the men’s game but, well done to these lads and I hope some of them forge a career with town in the coming years. Also goes to show how well Neil woods and his team are doing by coaching these lads.

Hopefully soon enough we’ll be able to sing ‘he’s not one of ours’ to any players coming in due to the success of the youth set up

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Tommy
March 12, 2024, 11:10am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
The YT lads all deserve huge recognition and praise for having to cope with the tragic loss of their mate whilst they're still so young, and still continuing to not only apply themselves to their football, but still making excellent progress.

Deserve medals as far as I'm concerned.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Maringer
March 12, 2024, 11:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Tommy
Deserve medals as far as I'm concerned.

Let's hope they win one!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Youth Team

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.