Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Wyberway, March 11, 2024, 3:01pm
Congratulations to our youth team who beat Mansfield Town on penalties to progress to the Youth Alliance Northern Cup Final. They will play Preston North End a week on Saturday (hopefully at BP) and then Portsmouth in the National final if they beat Preston. Having seen these boys play a few times at Bradley this season, I believe there are 5-6 future first team players in their squad. well done to the boys and coaches
Posted by: toontown, March 11, 2024, 6:38pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Wyberway
Congratulations to our youth team who beat Mansfield Town on penalties to progress to the Youth Alliance Northern Cup Final. They will play Preston North End a week on Saturday (hopefully at BP) and then Portsmouth in the National final if they beat Preston. Having seen these boys play a few times at Bradley this season, I believe there are 5-6 future first team players in their squad. well done to the boys and coaches

Where would the final be, one of the grounds of whoever is in it?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 11, 2024, 7:02pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Wyberway

I wish they would hurry up we could do with them in the team now. 8)
Posted by: chaos33, March 11, 2024, 7:08pm; Reply: 3
Wow, that is some achievement. Current youth team seems to be competing above its station so I hope it bears first team fruit soon. Massive well done to all in that set up. Suffering the trauma and loss that they have, they’re pretty f***ing heroic in  standing up straight and digging in., in my book, never mind winning football matches consistently.  They’re only young lads and the pressure they’re under in terms of their career and their education is gigantic, and they lost a comrade.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 11, 2024, 8:09pm; Reply: 4
Well done to a talented team and squad.  They were unlucky in the FA Youth Cup drawing the beaten finalists Notts Forest.  Even more unlucky playing Millwall.

Despite Town having good chances in the first half Millwall’s quality shone through in the end.  They were clinical.

Looking back, we did very well.  Millwall have progressed to play Leeds in the semi-final.  Millwall best Chelsea in the 6th round.  Man City play Bristol City in the other semi-final.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 12, 2024, 9:51am; Reply: 5
Huge step up to the men’s game but, well done to these lads and I hope some of them forge a career with town in the coming years. Also goes to show how well Neil woods and his team are doing by coaching these lads.

Hopefully soon enough we’ll be able to sing ‘he’s not one of ours’ to any players coming in due to the success of the youth set up
Posted by: Tommy, March 12, 2024, 11:10am; Reply: 6
The YT lads all deserve huge recognition and praise for having to cope with the tragic loss of their mate whilst they're still so young, and still continuing to not only apply themselves to their football, but still making excellent progress.

Deserve medals as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by: Maringer, March 12, 2024, 11:20am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Tommy
Deserve medals as far as I'm concerned.

Let's hope they win one!  ;)
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 9:07am