4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
March 6, 2024, 6:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
My thinking hasn't changed - the lad will play a lot higher than league 2 ,he's a young pup for a keeper and has all the attributes  .

Massive strength of character to come through this tough spell that the team has had , my only worry was that his confidence would have been hit badly after shipping so many goals but he's looking more and more commanding as the team seemingly do in general .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
bradzmilne
March 6, 2024, 7:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 30
Best game for town by a country mile. Commanding, composed and a couple of excellent saves. It’ll do his confidence the world of good.

Chuffed for him, the lad is really living the dream.

However - I’m still not entirely sure my him at this stage. Admittedly, this could purely be because he’s a 21 yo keeper.

Hopefully he kicks on, everyone wants to see “our own” representing the shirt.

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
1mickylyons
March 6, 2024, 8:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Excellent performance commanded his area took crosses under pressure and made 2 quality saves.Bravo Sir
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
Southwark Mariner
March 6, 2024, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Maringer
March 6, 2024, 11:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from jimgtfc
Harvey was exceptional last night, a couple of fingertip saves were excellent, and he was so commanding and confident when coming to collect crosses. I’ve been quietly critical of him lately because I’ve said that I never feel like he’s going to save a shot, like the confidence that early McKeown and Crocombe gave you. Even if a player got a shot off, you knew they had a chance of saving it, I’ve not had that feeling with Harvey yet, but he proved me wrong last night, and hopefully goes on to become better than those aforementioned keepers.

In his defence, in the rout of goals we've conceded in 2024, I don't think Cartwright has had a chance with most of them. Too many good finishes stuck in the corner of the goal when no keeper would have got near them.

Pleased to hear he did well last night as confidence is especially important in a keeper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
DB
March 6, 2024, 3:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Zero to Hero. Cartwright was brilliant last night, compared to the flak he got on here after the FGR game. Something like stood on his line, didn't move etc. He looks to be a good keeper in the making and we should appreciate his talents.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
headingly_mariner
March 6, 2024, 6:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Did well. He's been inconsistent this season due to his inexperience.
I'd like to see us try and get him permanently, I know Hull rate him but he isn't playing in the championship any time soon.
For us though, I think he will be confident at the level next season and his potential to improve is massive. He could end up being worth a few quid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2024, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Did well. He's been inconsistent this season due to his inexperience.
I'd like to see us try and get him permanently, I know Hull rate him but he isn't playing in the championship any time soon.
For us though, I think he will be confident at the level next season and his potential to improve is massive. He could end up being worth a few quid.

Harvey is fourth in line at City, and their oldest keeper currently is 31 I believe so there's pretty much zero chance he's going to break through there in the next 3-5 years.
I would hazard a guess that if we retain our EFL status there's a good possibility we could strike a deal with Hull, maybe with a buy back clause if he keeps going on the ight trajectory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
GrimRob
March 7, 2024, 9:38pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
KK said

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 38
Southwark Mariner
March 7, 2024, 10:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Keegan also said "I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon"  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harvey cartwright

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.