16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
March 2, 2024, 5:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126

DA was fully responsible when it all went to excrement. I wonder if folk give credit when he gets us 3 points in a key game...

*realises he's on The Fishy*

Ah nevermind.

The bloke wants sacking.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 150
Abdul19
March 2, 2024, 5:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
Not the greatest game (as you'd expect), but think we held on fairly comfortably.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 150
mariner91
March 2, 2024, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Thought all three centre backs had a good game but particularly Rodgers. Midfield was seriously lacking in energy although Thompson at least is a bit of a replacement for Conteh in terms of nicking the ball back. Andrews is absolutely abysmal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 150
AncientExiledMariner
March 2, 2024, 5:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from TAGG

The bloke wants sacking.

I disagree, but I think I think I only saw 3 or 4 people actually was bold enough to object to it in writing. Votes seem to imply 10% didn't agree with a sacking.

I felt he was best placed to get results out of this squad and changing wouldn't necessarily help as they'd still have our squad, Today is a good start, and hopefully we can carry on putting points on the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 150
RonMariner
March 2, 2024, 5:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,700
Gold Stars: 226
Fgr have a very tough game against in form Wallsall next Saturday, while we have a chance to put another nail in the Sutton coffin.

Given our recent away performances it is entirely possible that we get a draw on Tuesday and at least a point on Saturday and suddenly we might be at least 8 points ahead of the veggies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 150
Maringer
March 2, 2024, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from mariner91
Andrews is absolutely abysmal.

Oddly enough, I didn't think that Andrews was too bad today. Did one or two decent things and kept going until the end. Holohan was terrible, barely able to control the ball and miles away from their players most of the time. He did at least battle, just like the rest of them.

The number of times we lost possession in midfield (generally by punting it into touch) when we should have been breaking was shocking and I don't think I've ever seen a game where many basic clearances were fluffed and kicked straight to the opposition. It was almost comical at times.

Not complaining about three points, however!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 150
Chrisblor
March 2, 2024, 6:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Maringer

Oddly enough, I didn't think that Andrews was too bad today. Did one or two decent things and kept going until the end. Holohan was terrible, barely able to control the ball and miles away from their players most of the time. He did at least battle, just like the rest of them.

The number of times we lost possession in midfield (generally by punting it into touch) when we should have been breaking was shocking and I don't think I've ever seen a game where many basic clearances were fluffed and kicked straight to the opposition. It was almost comical at times.

Not complaining about three points, however!

They were both dreadful today:

Holohan - 18 passes attempted / 8 completed (44%)
Andrews - 17 passes attempted / 5 completed (29%)

We got away with it today because FGR are very poor, but we simply cannot carry two midfielders giving the ball away that consistently against better sides. It's the biggest issue in the team imo now that we seem to have sorted the defence out and stopped leaking goals for fun.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 150
DB
March 2, 2024, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Chrisblor

We got away with it today because FGR are very poor, but we simply cannot carry two midfielders giving the ball away that consistently against better sides. It's the biggest issue in the team imo now that we seem to have sorted the defence out and stopped leaking goals for fun.

1 of Holohan's passes did reach Rodgers, who scored.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 150
Limerick Mariner
March 2, 2024, 6:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Chrisblor

Gone from looking like the strongest part of the squad at the start of the season to the weakest. Hopefully Thompson stays fit and surely worth giving Evan a go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 150
Heisenberg
March 2, 2024, 6:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,053
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Gone from looking like the strongest part of the squad at the start of the season to the weakest. Hopefully Thompson stays fit and surely worth giving Evan a go.

I think Khouri would really suit a midfield 3, he’s tenacious. Just hope he can get fit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 150
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread FGR H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.