1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
It Bites
February 28, 2024, 9:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 265
Looks like the warnock retirement tour is coming to an end. Getting beat again and hasn’t won a game in Scotland
Private Message
coddy60
February 29, 2024, 6:28am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
I'd love him here next season....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
darren9
February 29, 2024, 7:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from coddy60
I'd love him here next season....

The original post points out that he hasn’t won a game. Yet the very first post, predictably is saying we should consider him. It’s the managerial equivalent of “do a job at this level”

What do you think he’d do here next season? He’s ready for retirement not to take on a struggling league 2? Non league? Side in need of a steady, long term manager to guide us through what is still a period of transition.

Warnock has been a very good manager, but those days are behind him. He’s clearly more interested in playing the character of Warnock, which to be fair to him is probably more lucrative (and much easier) than being a football manager. Look what happened the last time we had a name/personality.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
moosey_club
February 29, 2024, 8:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
I think his career has nosedived since multi balls on the sidelines were introduced...not having his well drilled ball boys to influence the tempo of the game to suit the score has restricted his tactics....that and the retirement of Wayne Allison of course.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
coddy60
March 1, 2024, 7:26am

Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from darren9

The original post points out that he hasn’t won a game. Yet the very first post, predictably is saying we should consider him. It’s the managerial equivalent of “do a job at this level”

What do you think he’d do here next season? He’s ready for retirement not to take on a struggling league 2? Non league? Side in need of a steady, long term manager to guide us through what is still a period of transition.

Warnock has been a very good manager, but those days are behind him. He’s clearly more interested in playing the character of Warnock, which to be fair to him is probably more lucrative (and much easier) than being a football manager. Look what happened the last time we had a name/personality.

I didn't say we should consider him you moron, I said I'd love him here ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
pen penfras
March 2, 2024, 11:04am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from darren9

When was the last time we could be considered not in transition? Probably Buckley mk 2. How many clubs at this level manage to slowly build and improve year on year? It doesn't really happen anymore. A new manager usually finds the magic sauce quickly and transforms a team or the better players get picked off by better teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
1mickylyons
March 2, 2024, 11:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
The mystery is how a club with an average gate over 6k fails to challenge yet teams with less than half that support can consistently out perform us? I have watched Town for over 40 years and I'm astounded at how excrement we've been for the last 20 or do. C'mon Town make me smile 😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
hampshiremariner
March 2, 2024, 5:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
When was the last time we could be considered not in transition? Probably Buckley mk 2. How many clubs at this level manage to slowly build and improve year on year? It doesn't really happen anymore. A new manager usually finds the magic sauce quickly and transforms a team or the better players get picked off by better teams.

Much depends on your luck in the loan market. It is very fragile, I agree. If we all had the finances to have proper squads of say 15 all on contracts, it would make a differnece in terms of building long term development. But that us not going to happen.
I also advocate the Prem League filtering a lot more money down to the lower divisions. That’s not going to happend either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
hampshiremariner
March 2, 2024, 5:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35

Much depends on your luck in the loan market. It is very fragile, I agree. If we all had the finances to have proper squads of say 15 all on contracts, it would make a differnece in terms of building long term development. But that us not going to happen.
I also advocate the Prem League filtering a lot more money down to the lower divisions. That’s not going to happend either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Warnock

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.