Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: It Bites, February 28, 2024, 9:27pm
Looks like the warnock retirement tour is coming to an end. Getting beat again and hasn’t won a game in Scotland
Posted by: coddy60, February 29, 2024, 6:28am; Reply: 1
I'd love him here next season....
Posted by: darren9, February 29, 2024, 7:44am; Reply: 2
Quoted from coddy60
I'd love him here next season....

The original post points out that he hasn’t won a game. Yet the very first post, predictably is saying we should consider him. It’s the managerial equivalent of “do a job at this level”

What do you think he’d do here next season? He’s ready for retirement not to take on a struggling league 2? Non league? Side in need of a steady, long term manager to guide us through what is still a period of transition.

Warnock has been a very good manager, but those days are behind him. He’s clearly more interested in playing the character of Warnock, which to be fair to him is probably more lucrative (and much easier) than being a football manager. Look what happened the last time we had a name/personality.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 29, 2024, 8:50am; Reply: 3
I think his career has nosedived since multi balls on the sidelines were introduced...not having his well drilled ball boys to influence the tempo of the game to suit the score has restricted his tactics....that and the retirement of Wayne Allison of course.
Posted by: coddy60, March 1, 2024, 7:26am; Reply: 4
Quoted from darren9

The original post points out that he hasn’t won a game. Yet the very first post, predictably is saying we should consider him. It’s the managerial equivalent of “do a job at this level”

What do you think he’d do here next season? He’s ready for retirement not to take on a struggling league 2? Non league? Side in need of a steady, long term manager to guide us through what is still a period of transition.

Warnock has been a very good manager, but those days are behind him. He’s clearly more interested in playing the character of Warnock, which to be fair to him is probably more lucrative (and much easier) than being a football manager. Look what happened the last time we had a name/personality.

I didn't say we should consider him you moron, I said I'd love him here ffs
Posted by: pen penfras, March 2, 2024, 11:04am; Reply: 5
Quoted from darren9

When was the last time we could be considered not in transition? Probably Buckley mk 2. How many clubs at this level manage to slowly build and improve year on year? It doesn't really happen anymore. A new manager usually finds the magic sauce quickly and transforms a team or the better players get picked off by better teams.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 2, 2024, 11:13am; Reply: 6
The mystery is how a club with an average gate over 6k fails to challenge yet teams with less than half that support can consistently out perform us? I have watched Town for over 40 years and I'm astounded at how excrement we've been for the last 20 or do. C'mon Town make me smile 😃
Posted by: hampshiremariner, March 2, 2024, 5:29pm; Reply: 7
When was the last time we could be considered not in transition? Probably Buckley mk 2. How many clubs at this level manage to slowly build and improve year on year? It doesn't really happen anymore. A new manager usually finds the magic sauce quickly and transforms a team or the better players get picked off by better teams.

Much depends on your luck in the loan market. It is very fragile, I agree. If we all had the finances to have proper squads of say 15 all on contracts, it would make a differnece in terms of building long term development. But that us not going to happen.
I also advocate the Prem League filtering a lot more money down to the lower divisions. That’s not going to happend either.
Posted by: hampshiremariner, March 2, 2024, 5:29pm; Reply: 8

Much depends on your luck in the loan market. It is very fragile, I agree. If we all had the finances to have proper squads of say 15 all on contracts, it would make a differnece in terms of building long term development. But that us not going to happen.
I also advocate the Prem League filtering a lot more money down to the lower divisions. That’s not going to happend either.
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 3:24pm