February 25, 2024, 8:05pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
He has nothing to apologise for.
Massive player in this club for the rest of this season

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 37
Limerick Mariner
February 25, 2024, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Played all of his career at this level and lower but what he lacks in natural ability he more than makes up for big hearted commitment. Probably the epitomy of the best of the second Paul Hurst era.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 37
Captaincod
February 25, 2024, 8:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
I quite like him. He has his faults but at least he has a bit of pride and commitment. He would certainly be in my midfield ahead of Green, Clifton and Andrews.
In my opinion, a decent lower League 2 or a good top 7 National League player. We might need him next season if the unthinkable happens.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 37
oochiad
February 25, 2024, 8:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,719
Gold Stars: 28
Very pleased to see him in the squad yesterday and if we have and chance of staying up it’ll be with Gav playing. Next best pro to Rose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 37
Limerick Mariner
February 25, 2024, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Captaincod
I quite like him. He has his faults but at least he has a bit of pride and commitment. He would certainly be in my midfield ahead of Green, Clifton and Andrews.
In my opinion, a decent lower League 2 or a good top 7 National League player. We might need him next season if the unthinkable happens.

I also thought that about Gav and the unthinkable, but thinking the unthinkable brings me out in a cold sweat and panic so I have to revert to distraction techniques - picking up the bass and playing along to some reggae is the go to, I find Bob Marley comforting…
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 37
jimgtfc
February 25, 2024, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
We need characters and leaders in this squad, and Gav is certainly one of them. He’s got his flaws, so have most players in this league, but I feel like he gets it and more importantly, he’s got a goal contribution in him. Similar reasons I wanted us to keep Luke Waterfall until the end of the season. I look through our squad and there’s not many I’d want in the trenches next to me.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 37
Captaincod
February 25, 2024, 9:38pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I also thought that about Gav and the unthinkable, but thinking the unthinkable brings me out in a cold sweat and panic so I have to revert to distraction techniques - picking up the bass and playing along to some reggae is the go to, I find Bob Marley comforting…

It really is the unthinkable. I have recently had reoccurring nightmares of watching us lose in a glorified bus stop at Tamworth.
I used to find Bob Marley comforting, but unfortunately due to drug testing at work I can no longer indulge !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 37
diehardmariner
February 25, 2024, 9:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,622
Gold Stars: 539
I await his apology for dreadful basic arithmetic!

Serious note though, I think he's this seasons Clifton. Even if he doesn't have the best of games, we look better with him on the pitch.

For sure he's got flaws in his game but consistently proved to be our best midfielder over the course of this season. Artell's continued decision to not play him is a huge error in my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 37
lukeo
February 26, 2024, 6:32am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Unneeded but you have to respect it.
I think Gav is a steady league 2 player and deserves more game time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 37
Mayaman
February 26, 2024, 10:05am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Why shouldn't he apologise?  It was an absolute sitter. Anything happens at the other end, we get on the players backs.  We know what he's made of.  Accept his apology and move on.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.