14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
February 23, 2024, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,250
Gold Stars: 235
Will someone please point out that the important bit of data is the league table?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 134
davmariner
February 23, 2024, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,932
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from heppy88
Thanks, davmariner. Any chance you could DM me with a quick tutorial. As I've tried following the instructions that have been put on, but I only get a load of text and no video?

Yes as Rob says I just pasted the link and The Fishy did the rest.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 134
Poojah
February 23, 2024, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,541
Gold Stars: 1,500
Ultimately, he’s trying to paint a picture of a five course dinner with a pallete full of dog turd. What else can he do with arguably the bleakest sequence of results in the club’s 146 year history?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 134
louth_in_the_south
February 23, 2024, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Well that’s given me a much needed boost of reality .
Let’s hope the fooking data gives us 3 points tomorrow.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 134
drbell
February 23, 2024, 12:43pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
If anyone on this forum were the manager right now, of a team low on confidence, in need of results, knowing the players you have are the only ones you can work with, so you need to motivate them, help them believe they are good enough and success is quite possible, even probable, with hard work, what would you say?

Regardless of whether DA will or won't have success, I simply don't understand what people want him to say that's different that will actually help the team succeed (which is far more important than saying anything us fans might want to hear, or believe is the reality).

He's saying what the players need to hear him say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 134
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
February 23, 2024, 12:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
It’s ok though because our ‘expected goals’ position has gone up to 11th! Can’t quite see where this is reflected on our league table stats but surely this will be vital come the end of the season?…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 134
jimgtfc
February 23, 2024, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,089
Gold Stars: 45
First minute; “performance in large parts of the game is good, the data backs that up”… erm no Dave

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 134
heppy88
February 23, 2024, 12:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from davmariner

Yes as Rob says I just pasted the link and The Fishy did the rest.

Great, thanks to you both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 134
Mappers
February 23, 2024, 12:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,320
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from drbell
If anyone on this forum were the manager right now, of a team low on confidence, in need of results, knowing the players you have are the only ones you can work with, so you need to motivate them, help them believe they are good enough and success is quite possible, even probable, with hard work, what would you say?

Regardless of whether DA will or won't have success, I simply don't understand what people want him to say that's different that will actually help the team succeed (which is far more important than saying anything us fans might want to hear, or believe is the reality).

He's saying what the players need to hear him say.

He's shaped the one's he can work with and IMO made us weaker by doing so losing 3 players (Amos,Waterfall and Efete) who although not great , solid league 2 'character' players who you would have in the trenches ; they wouldn't get you relegated from league 2 playing to their strengths - the dice he's thrown on replacing them might .

He doesn't seem the best man manager - he told us how great Hunt and Khan are yet can't work with them for more than 5 minutes  .

I don't 'hate' Artell he might be the nicest guy in the world .
But he's doing nothing good for our club imo . I'm worried he takes us beyond savable .

I can honestly see in 6 games time us in a total mess, with him saying the exact same thing pre-match  .

I think the guy is a liability
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 134
geir
February 23, 2024, 12:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
I don't like betting against Grimsby Town, but in Norway, I get a return of 2.15 times the money if Morecambe wins. I won't be too upset if I lose the bet if Grimsby wins - which is very likely, as I usually bet the opposite of the correct result.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pre Match Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.