HertsGTFC
February 22, 2024, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,929
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mariner91

I would never boo at a game and shout abuse. I’ll encourage and cheer on the players for 90 minutes. But given the absolute state of the side at the minute I couldn’t give two shíts if their feelings are hurt if they read the comments on here when people are venting. They are well paid to do a job that doesn’t have that many hours to work and that a lot of us on here would kill to be able to do for a living. The fact that we saw a real lack of effort and willingness to get stuck in in the last few weeks means that, other than Danny Rose, they can all fúck off as far as I’m concerned. I can put up with footballing mistakes but it’s the moping and heads down when things go wrong that grips my shīt. It’s your job, dust yourself off and try to put it right.

This ⬆️

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 72
arryarryarry
February 23, 2024, 1:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mappers

I think hates a bit strong

A forum is based on opinions and respecting others whether you agree or not .

If the players read on here , I would suggest use it as a driver for better performance and improvement rather than think 'poor me' . If i was putting in a similar level of performance in my profession I would be facing disciplinary action and eventually the boot .

The trust do a great job and I think most would agree.

I think some of the things you talk about are a pretty low % of the actual posts , most are constructed with thought and there is hardly personal abuse or anything that crosses the line is there ?

Things would be the same on any clubs message board if they had been torched so many times at home , christ around the time Bristol Rovers signed Conteh I browsed there's and after losing a game or two it was in complete meltdown ; made this place look mild by comparison .

Most of us like the owners , but we are not doing well on the pitch and at the end of the day people are going to hold them accountable for that whether fair or not ; I'm not sure that's some sort of suprise  tbh .

Exactly..................having a peep at the Donny Rovers forum a few weeks ago and they were full of how crap some of their players are and many wanting the manager gone yet were chanting his name whilst they were pissing all over us.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 72
GollyGTFC
February 23, 2024, 6:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from HertsGTFC

This ⬆️

Aye. My first game was Boxing Day 1992. I’ve seen my fair number of terrible Town teams in that time that lacked the quality to compete at the level they were competing at, but I honestly think this team is the most spineless and gutless team I’ve seen represent Town. And I couldn’t care less if they all read this and it upsets them.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 72
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
February 23, 2024, 7:01am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
It’s not a forum of hate, it’s a forum of reality at the moment and some of you deluded types cannot accept that. We are in deep trouble and are basically relying on two poor teams to continue to be worse than us. Let’s hope we find a few more points because if we go down again, ,thousands of fans will walk away

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 72
Yarborough Vaults
February 23, 2024, 7:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
The results are bad enough but it's Artell's incoherent interviews and mindset that are worrying me the most.

It feels like we are now cut adrift with someone at the helm who is constantly making the wrong decision

Naturally, I hope I am very wrong about this but that is the impression I have at the moment. Couple of wins and all will be forgiven though.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 72
It Bites
February 23, 2024, 7:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,166
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Without wanting to appear a Billy Big Bollox announcing in a post and wanting sympathy - far from it, the posts on here have become a mass of vitrolic hatred.  Constant criticism of players, management, staff and owners have become the forum.  

Post after post about DA and the owners, scotch eggs, glass screens, individual players etc etc. We have people coming on here name dropping players as 'the worst player I've seen at BP'.

I've seen folk on here in the past week slagging of the Trust, one bloke even asking what Christine does!

There's a toxicity, intercourse me what if some of the players read this excrement on here!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we've been poor for 20 years and we ain't a Championship club anymore let's not kid ourselves.

Are these negative excrement stirring keyboard posters the same fans that go to Morecombe, Newport, Walsall etc etc, I think not.

Have a bit of pride, DA and the owners hate losing, we all hate it, not one of the entire staff of GTFC wants to go back to the Conference.

Support the club, the players, the owners - you never know we might all pull together and improve as one.

You’re making every poster on here sound like a terrorist you drama queen . It’s a board of free speech and pub talk
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 72
1mickylyons
February 23, 2024, 7:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
Ha here we go it's all The Fishy fault again.

Only most of us on here are STH and save the ranting for here rather than the ground.You talk about toxic well wait till FGR and if we lose that game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 72
TuckerJenkins
February 23, 2024, 7:31am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Self inflicted problems again. They won't be making a film about this season.

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 72
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2024, 7:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,929
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Aye. My first game was Boxing Day 1992. I’ve seen my fair number of terrible Town teams in that time that lacked the quality to compete at the level they were competing at, but I honestly think this team is the most spineless and gutless team I’ve seen represent Town. And I couldn’t care less if they all read this and it upsets them.

Was that the Barnsley game? really good game that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 72
Mariner_501
February 23, 2024, 7:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Tbh I think everybody involved in the club is getting off easy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 72
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forum of hate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.