8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Bristol Mariner
February 22, 2024, 10:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Without wanting to appear a Billy Big Bollox announcing in a post and wanting sympathy - far from it, the posts on here have become a mass of vitrolic hatred.  Constant criticism of players, management, staff and owners have become the forum.  

Post after post about DA and the owners, scotch eggs, glass screens, individual players etc etc. We have people coming on here name dropping players as 'the worst player I've seen at BP'.

I've seen folk on here in the past week slagging of the Trust, one bloke even asking what Christine does!

There's a toxicity, intercourse me what if some of the players read this excrement on here!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we've been poor for 20 years and we ain't a Championship club anymore let's not kid ourselves.

Are these negative excrement stirring keyboard posters the same fans that go to Morecombe, Newport, Walsall etc etc, I think not.

Have a bit of pride, DA and the owners hate losing, we all hate it, not one of the entire staff of GTFC wants to go back to the Conference.

Support the club, the players, the owners - you never know we might all pull together and improve as one.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
February 22, 2024, 10:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Just because people have a different opinion to you doesn’t mean it’s a forum of hate, it’s reflecting what’s happening at the club and on the pitch. Nor does it call for a holier than thou approach from a small number of fans.

The Fishy is actually pretty united in not being happy at what’s been happening at the club (and with good reason). I go to all the home matches and a decent chunk of the away. That doesn’t mean that I think those who don’t shouldn’t air their opinions whether they’re positive or negative.

The fans were well behind the team at the Doncaster game, even at 2-0 down. So they can’t churn out that excuse anymore.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 72
mariner91
February 22, 2024, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

There's a toxicity, intercourse me what if some of the players read this excrement on here!

I would never boo at a game and shout abuse. I’ll encourage and cheer on the players for 90 minutes. But given the absolute state of the side at the minute I couldn’t give two shíts if their feelings are hurt if they read the comments on here when people are venting. They are well paid to do a job that doesn’t have that many hours to work and that a lot of us on here would kill to be able to do for a living. The fact that we saw a real lack of effort and willingness to get stuck in in the last few weeks means that, other than Danny Rose, they can all fúck off as far as I’m concerned. I can put up with footballing mistakes but it’s the moping and heads down when things go wrong that grips my shīt. It’s your job, dust yourself off and try to put it right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 72
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2024, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Without wanting to appear a Billy Big Bollox announcing in a post and wanting sympathy - far from it, the posts on here have become a mass of vitrolic hatred.  Constant criticism of players, management, staff and owners have become the forum.  

Post after post about DA and the owners, scotch eggs, glass screens, individual players etc etc. We have people coming on here name dropping players as 'the worst player I've seen at BP'.

I've seen folk on here in the past week slagging of the Trust, one bloke even asking what Christine does!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, we've been poor for 20 years and we ain't a Championship club anymore let's not kid ourselves.

Are these negative excrement stirring keyboard posters the same fans that go to Morecombe, Newport, Walsall etc etc, I think not.

Have a bit of pride, DA and the owners hate losing, we all hate it, not one of the entire staff of GTFC wants to go back to the Conference.

Support the club, the players, the owners - you never know we might all pull together and improve as one.

If you haven’t noticed, we’ve conceded a shipload of goals, haven’t won this year and find ourselves in an all too familiar relegation scrap. This is in spite of continued growth in support and what should have been a season where we progressed from the fruits of a massive cup run.

The first two years under these owners have been great - but we’ve hit the buffers - bloody hard.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 72
arryarryarry
February 22, 2024, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116

Hi, not sure where you have been but I will try to put you in the picture.

We currently have a manager who is overseeing some of our worst form in our recent history.

We are currently getting dicked at home on a regular basis.

We seem to have owners who got rid of a manager based on that manager's previous data whilst continuing with a manager who is performing worse.

We are 3rd from bottom of Division 4 of the EFL  and could possibly end up getting relegated into Non League for God knows how many years unless we see a dramatic up turn in our form.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 72
Marinerdeano
February 22, 2024, 10:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
In a strange way, this forum had just about run out criticisms this week, I mean what more can you say other than going over old ground. All we can hope is that the team get their act together on Saturday now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 72
Mappers
February 22, 2024, 10:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118

I think hates a bit strong

A forum is based on opinions and respecting others whether you agree or not .

If the players read on here , I would suggest use it as a driver for better performance and improvement rather than think 'poor me' . If i was putting in a similar level of performance in my profession I would be facing disciplinary action and eventually the boot .

The trust do a great job and I think most would agree.

I think some of the things you talk about are a pretty low % of the actual posts , most are constructed with thought and there is hardly personal abuse or anything that crosses the line is there ?

Things would be the same on any clubs message board if they had been torched so many times at home , christ around the time Bristol Rovers signed Conteh I browsed there's and after losing a game or two it was in complete meltdown ; made this place look mild by comparison .

Most of us like the owners , but we are not doing well on the pitch and at the end of the day people are going to hold them accountable for that whether fair or not ; I'm not sure that's some sort of suprise  tbh .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 72
grimsby pete
February 22, 2024, 10:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
We have one of two that go over the top with their criticisms but in general most of us are just fed up with what is happening to our club the club we love.

Getting hammered letting five in twice and six is very hard to take.

If the players can turn things round it will be all love and flowers on here.

D.A. Will now have to change his tactics though because there is only him that knows what he is trying to do.

1878 have had loads of nice things said about them but they must except a bit slagging off when we are so bad.on the pitch.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 72
GrimRob
February 22, 2024, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
Criticism of criticism. You often see people cherry-pick one or two posts and say it's representative of the entire forum.

Broadly I think you will find much the same points being made here as anywhere else where GTFC is discussed.

Yes, people don't post as much after a win (very rare, less common than a full moon), I think that is human nature though.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 72
February 22, 2024, 10:52pm
Guest User
Accountability and Transparency

If going to be B corp the highest standards have been set by ownership

https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/certification/
Reply: 9 - 72
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Forum of hate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.