Alex Hunt Joins York

This thread currently has 31,122 views. Print
25 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 All Recommend Thread
Wizwag
April 14, 2024, 11:28am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +48
Hunt is definitely returning to the club it has been stated by Artell and by various individuals at the club several times.

A player as talented as hunt deserves another crack at the whip.

Seem to be quite a few players out at York. Does the club have a deal with York/close ties with them ?

York fan here again. To answer your question we've used about 60 players including god knows how many loanees so its just a coincidence.

Funny that Berrett has been mentioned. We had him too. Hunt is better.

Assuming we stay up  I think we will likely put in a bid for Hunt. He is one of only a couple of bright lights in an awful season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 245
LocalLadGTFC
April 14, 2024, 11:39am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,311
Gold Stars: 137
It wouldn't shock me to see Hunt come back and be excellent alongside Thompson. Let's not forget he was in a midfield alongside Conteh who was in his first season of league football. Conteh is not Curtis, on the ball Conteh is excellent. Off the ball it's night and day between the two, Curtis offers us a lot more protection and helps his midfielders out massively. A proper old school midfield general that we've been craving really since Dis left.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 241 - 245
StacyColdicotts_hairline
April 14, 2024, 12:42pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Wizwag

York fan here again. To answer your question we've used about 60 players including god knows how many loanees so its just a coincidence.

Funny that Berrett has been mentioned. We had him too. Hunt is better.

Assuming we stay up  I think we will likely put in a bid for Hunt. He is one of only a couple of bright lights in an awful season.

How is hunt doing now that he has settled. What is the general concensus ?

I suppose its possible if it doesn't work out here next season he could end up back af York if he enjoys it there.

I would suspect like others that Amos will likely be a permanent signing for you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 245
Wizwag
April 14, 2024, 1:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +48

How is hunt doing now that he has settled. What is the general concensus ?

I suppose its possible if it doesn't work out here next season he could end up back af York if he enjoys it there.

I would suspect like others that Amos will likely be a permanent signing for you

Everyone likes him. First couple of games were iffy but since then he's been great. I wasnt sure about Amos but given how hard it is to find LB's Id keep him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 245
TownSNAFU5
April 14, 2024, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
I like Hunt for no logical reason.  He has good technical skills, demonstrated sometimes.  He can take a mean freekick.

We should persevere with him.

Pedigree?:  Sheff Wed MOM when coming on as a young sub v Man City FA Cup 5th round.  

A capacity crowd did not faze him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 245
MarinerDevil
April 20, 2024, 4:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
York stayed up today by the skin of their teeth as Boreham Wood could only draw at home to Ebbsfleet. Hunt completes his loan with 9 appearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 245
25 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Alex Hunt Joins York

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.