IlkleyMariner
February 19, 2024, 7:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Hope DA is watching tonight’s PL game, Everton v Palace

Expect Sean Dyche will give a masterclass in how to defend.

Two draws in next two games won’t be a disaster for Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
February 19, 2024, 7:24pm
Guest User
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Hope DA is watching tonight’s PL game, Everton v Palace

Expect Sean Dyche will give a masterclass in how to defend.

Two draws in next two games won’t be a disaster for Mariners

It won’t be a disaster, but it will be a miracle of Red Sea proportions.
Reply: 1 - 35
grimsby pete
February 19, 2024, 8:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
What worries me is if we escape the dreaded drop by one point.

What happens next season ?

Stick with Dave and have the same outcome next season.

OR

Bin him at the end of the season and start afresh next season with new players and a better manager.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Captaincod
February 19, 2024, 9:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
Does anyone think he’ll change his approach and tactics for the next 2 games?
He’s not stupid, he must know his job here and probably his future managerial career is in the balance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
StacyColdicotts_hairline
February 19, 2024, 9:13pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Captaincod
He’s not stupid, he must know his job here and probably his future managerial career is in the balance.

We have already seen that he has already started to change things. We are playing alot more direct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
Swansea_Mariner
February 19, 2024, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Captaincod

I'd like to think he had enough intelligence to realise its clearly not worked. I'd be drilling a back five all week to try and change it up and provide an extra man back there. I'd also like to think he would shuffle the pack considerably and bring some players back in. Anything different has to be worth a go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
Vance Warner
February 19, 2024, 9:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102

We have already seen that he has already started to change things. We are playing alot more direct.

This seems to have been lost in the aftermath of Saturday but there was a clear move away from his principles of playing out from the back. If you’re not going to do the basics right without the ball it doesn’t really matter what you do with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
davmariner
February 19, 2024, 9:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from grimsby pete
What worries me is if we escape the dreaded drop by one point.

What happens next season ?

Stick with Dave and have the same outcome next season.

OR

Bin him at the end of the season and start afresh next season with new players and a better manager.

My reading of the situation (albeit based on JS’ single tweet) is that Artell will be here for the rest of the season whatever happens between now and then.

I don’t know whether or not they have a termination clause in his contract if we go down, but even if we did, I wouldn’t be surprised if sheer stubbornness sees him stay with us in the National League. Which would be an absolute disaster.

He’s the owners’ man and given Stockwood’s sensitivity towards criticism, I can see them persisting to be able to say “I told you so”.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Mappers
February 19, 2024, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Vance Warner

This seems to have been lost in the aftermath of Saturday but there was a clear move away from his principles of playing out from the back. If you’re not going to do the basics right without the ball it doesn’t really matter what you do with it

He's stated on numerous occasions 'there is no plan B' just to do plan A better . . .
He tried something different on Saturday which was worse than bad - the constant lack of willing or to win second balls was beyond words as was the constant emptying out of the midfield - I actually feel for Rodgers , Maher  and Cartwright - players confidence who is absolutely shot yet they are getting no protection whatsoever ; I hope it doesn't ruin the kid in goals career because I think he has potential , Maher looked solid enough last season and Rodgers started the season getting lauded as the next Baresi .It's mind blowing how it's gone so wrong it really is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
jamesgtfc
February 19, 2024, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,980
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'd like to think he had enough intelligence to realise its clearly not worked. I'd be drilling a back five all week to try and change it up and provide an extra man back there. I'd also like to think he would shuffle the pack considerably and bring some players back in. Anything different has to be worth a go

We've got 3 CBs plus TikTok Toby and Jamie Bramwell with a handful of appearances in dead rubbers and a reasonable amount of games in the Northern Premier League.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next two games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.