3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
February 18, 2024, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
After yesterday I could not stomach MOTD.  I did read the match reports this morning though.

Arsenal players tracking back after 96 mins despite 5-0 up.  Playing for the manager (and themselves).

Palace players said to be playing for Roy Hodgson because they like and respect him. Despite injuries to key players and not being good enough.

Salford unbeaten in 8 with a new manager.  They were awful as well.

On the other hand West Ham players have not tried in the last 2 games.  Despite being very successful last season in a cup competition.  Like us.

Our players are consistently not delivering of their best.  Even if limited in ability.  This has to be mainly down to the manager.  What ever the managerial option, the players are the same.  We need a manager who can get better performances from these players.  For the rest of the season.  The interim duo again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
February 18, 2024, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Artell must change what he wants, using his current squad's abilities. He should put in place a game plan using these player's strengths ( Yes I do realise that may not be much given the last run of results ) but they all have some abilities.

He has changed from saying we are too good to be relegated, but the only thing that has changed is how he wants them to play. He should go back to the way they played when he first came or just resign and let somebody else save us from the drop.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
GrimRob
February 18, 2024, 2:09pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,411
Gold Stars: 113
Ben and Shaun then. Know every player inside out. Artell winds people up the wrong way and is more a liability than an asset.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 22
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Our midfield is a joke it’s conference north at best no wonder our weak defence gets over run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
dapperz fun pub
February 18, 2024, 2:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,952
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from GrimRob
Ben and Shaun then. Know every player inside out. Artell winds people up the wrong way and is more a liability than an asset.

I agree until the end of season then sack them both with woods aswell.  They are part of the problem the entire footballing side of the club is a shambles players and staff.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Get rid of every body they are proven long term losers in every department start afresh with a new team.
I’m sick of hearing next season we will be better next season never comes it’s a bit to pally for me all friends patting each other on the back saying what a good job they are doing.
It’s amazes club run very badly how many home games have we won in the last 3 seasons in the football league not many i bet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
HertsGTFC
February 18, 2024, 2:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,952
Gold Stars: 228
The starting 11 yesterday…

On loan - Cartwright, Smith, Andrews

Short term deal - Hume, no doubt his agent is already lobbying other clubs on his behalf.

Out of contract - Maher, Green, Eisa, Clifton, same applies their agents will already be active.

Make what you want of it but I suspect none of these will be hear next season as at the moment I doubt they’re enjoying anything about the Artell regime.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Yoda
February 18, 2024, 2:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
They will all go most probably won’t get a club maybe something local and get a job as-well playing part time.
Maher couldn’t get a job de scaling kettles down Freeman Street
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
DB
February 18, 2024, 3:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Short term deal - Hume, no doubt his agent is already lobbying other clubs on his behalf.

Out of contract - Maher, Green, Eisa, Clifton, same applies their agents will already be active.

Make what you want of it but I suspect none of these will be hear next season as at the moment I doubt they’re enjoying anything about the Artell regime.

So that's about half the squad. It looks like a complete rebuid as we need a new keeper, back four and and engine room.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
CSLM
February 18, 2024, 3:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You probably won't be far off with that.

At least out two best players will still be here.........well are contracted to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Getting the best out of players

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.