louth_in_the_south
February 14, 2024, 10:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 137

You guys need to be careful - there's a libel law to be reckoned with.

It depresses me that you feel the need to say this (whilst Hurst's not-always-totally-accurate press statements were seemingly ok).

I really don’t need to explain why I said that do I ?!!
Clue : it was a medieval form of animal cruelty

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
tashee69
February 14, 2024, 10:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +955
Gold Stars: 23
What a ridiculous thread !!! Asking for the fans to get behind the team rather than getting on their backs. Why cheer them on to a possible victory when we can have a go and moan at the team and say how correct we were in the fact the team/manager are hopeless.
As for best supporters, that’s amusing, Just look at all the red crosses you get for saying let’s get behind the team for a big game. Too many interested in whether or not the manager is telling the truth or not rather than the 3 points
All Town, aren’t we ??????? 🤔🙄

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
February 14, 2024, 10:24am
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

I really don’t need to explain why I said that do I ?!!
Clue : it was a medieval form of animal cruelty

Oh - bear-baiting. Having read countless posts from you, I think you're better than that. Why bother?
It's abundantly clear the poster in question won't change his rigid views whatever anyone else posts on this forum.

Perhaps you could try to imagine him as a cuddly Paddington type?

Not that easy, I grant you.  
Reply: 12 - 26
Mappers
February 14, 2024, 10:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from It Bites
Someone alluded to this in a thread . It’s time to back the team unconditionally. We know our short comings both on and off the pitch but we’re in a relegation scrap again and going down could spell disaster for our club . We could be down there for years .

Just get behind the team now , support them , don’t abuse them . It’s obvious the manager reads this site so let’s be a bit more careful what we put on here . Apparently we are greater together, let’s put it in to practice and see where it gets us . The support in the ground is where this team need us the most right now . It’s got to be 100% right now

I’m told all the time we have the best supporters in the league so let’s just support the team in every way possible

I never thought I’d type this kind of stuff again but I’m worried, very worried

Agree we need to back the lads , come what may the post mortem can wait until after .

I know for sure a few around me have already got it in for Artell , so it would almost turn them on if we lost - they will be gleefully foaming at the mouth if lose . Very quiet if we win .

Hoping for the latter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
It Bites
February 14, 2024, 12:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from 137

You guys need to be careful - there's a libel law to be reckoned with.

It depresses me that you feel the need to say this (whilst Hurst's not-always-totally-accurate press statements were seemingly ok).

It was a joke , hence the big nose emoji. It was in response to black and white bear the miserable git
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
MuddyWaters
February 14, 2024, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,244
Gold Stars: 235
It's time for lots of things.  Do the fans really need to be told what to do?

The manager and the players need to take some responsibility for this, it's OK Artell saying that Danny Rose thinks we're getting better but that's not what it says in the form book. It's OK JS saying that we need to play 'the Grimsby way', well we haven't played that way for 20 years and we haven't got many, if any, that can play that way.

We're back in deep excrement again and, if that means going back to basics then go back to basics, because a lot of people's patience is wearing very thin again. As a previous poster said, with Fenty it wasn't a shock but this season should have been so much better given the budgetary promises that were made.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Meza
February 14, 2024, 12:44pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
I haven’t been to a town get for a few seasons but went to the Tranmere game and the atmosphere was awful.  Nothing, no chanting nothing, oh the odd drum noise.  My lad said I thought there was a drummer but you couldn’t tell.  The players came out to a pin dropping, if anything needs to change and I’ve said this loads of times us town fans are only loud and noisy when we have something good to shout about.   We are the opposite when we don’t perform great and at times are too animated and critical of the players as well as giving personal abuse to the players.

Why can’t we do something to get the crowd animated before kick off I.e. build up, something like chumberwumba and fans start singing “you get knock down but I get backup again cos you’ll never beat Grimsby Town”

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
louth_in_the_south
February 14, 2024, 12:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
I’m done with sarcastic replies….

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
February 14, 2024, 12:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from It Bites

It was a joke , hence the big nose emoji. It was in response to black and white bear the miserable git

Yeah - LitS gave me the clue!
I suspect I may be losing my sense of humour, though the big nose emoji (Pinocchio?) can be taken both ways.

Reply: 18 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
February 14, 2024, 1:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Meza
I haven’t been to a town get for a few seasons but went to the Tranmere game and the atmosphere was awful.  Nothing, no chanting nothing, oh the odd drum noise.  My lad said I thought there was a drummer but you couldn’t tell.  The players came out to a pin dropping, if anything needs to change and I’ve said this loads of times us town fans are only loud and noisy when we have something good to shout about.   We are the opposite when we don’t perform great and at times are too animated and critical of the players as well as giving personal abuse to the players.

Why can’t we do something to get the crowd animated before kick off I.e. build up, something like chumberwumba and fans start singing “you get knock down but I get backup again cos you’ll never beat Grimsby Town”

I think that is very unfair. Many times this season the crowd have made quite a noise and tried very hard to get behind the team, but so often they just fail to respond.

We just don't win enough matches, we sit 4th bottom of league 2 so it is hardly going to be a cauldron of noise.

Success (on the field) is what brings atmosphere, just like in most grounds in the country I expect.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › It’s time

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.