3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
February 14, 2024, 7:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,203
Gold Stars: 265
Someone alluded to this in a thread . It’s time to back the team unconditionally. We know our short comings both on and off the pitch but we’re in a relegation scrap again and going down could spell disaster for our club . We could be down there for years .

Just get behind the team now , support them , don’t abuse them . It’s obvious the manager reads this site so let’s be a bit more careful what we put on here . Apparently we are greater together, let’s put it in to practice and see where it gets us . The support in the ground is where this team need us the most right now . It’s got to be 100% right now

I’m told all the time we have the best supporters in the league so let’s just support the team in every way possible

I never thought I’d type this kind of stuff again but I’m worried, very worried
Private Message
February 14, 2024, 8:43am
Guest User
Quoted from It Bites
Someone alluded to this in a thread . It’s time to back the team unconditionally. We know our short comings both on and off the pitch but we’re in a relegation scrap again and going down could spell disaster for our club . We could be down there for years .

Just get behind the team now , support them , don’t abuse them . It’s obvious the manager reads this site so let’s be a bit more careful what we put on here . Apparently we are greater together, let’s put it in to practice and see where it gets us . The support in the ground is where this team need us the most right now . It’s got to be 100% right now

I’m told all the time we have the best supporters in the league so let’s just support the team in every way possible

I never thought I’d type this kind of stuff again but I’m worried, very worried

Actually he doesn't, as he said in his interview, unless you want to call him a liar!

Reply: 1 - 26
louth_in_the_south
February 14, 2024, 9:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,689
Gold Stars: 96
David Artell is a liar .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
SpiritOf98
February 14, 2024, 9:20am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
* Looks up 'unconditionally'.

* Ignores this thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
HertsGTFC
February 14, 2024, 9:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,948
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 123614

Actually he doesn't, as he said in his interview, unless you want to call him a liar!

You and I both know it makes some people feel good if they believe he does.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
February 14, 2024, 9:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,720
Gold Stars: 237
No it's time the players stepped up to the plate.

In a relegation battle you need togetherness in the team , tough characters and guts. This squad has none of that and that has been obvious from early in the season. The crowd have supported the team in both numbers and goodwill for months with hardly a home win to show for it, precious little fight and some absolute capitulation.

The players must get a grip.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
1mickylyons
February 14, 2024, 9:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Sorry been to the well once too often with this I'm afraid. Give me something to cheer I will give you 100% backing give me that first half hour vs Stockport I'll be on my way home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
sam gy
February 14, 2024, 9:50am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
In the interview he said that Tondeur had told him what was written on the fishy, which is why he addressed it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
GrimRob
February 14, 2024, 10:05am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
I think optimism naturally rises leading up to the next game. The further the last game is behind us the greater our optimism, such that by Friday night belief in an imminent victory is prevalent. The ultimate is the summer when come July there is always a thread about bets made on us not only getting promoted but winning the league! Everyone has watched YouTube clips of our new signings which show their finest moments and not their gaffs and blunders.

The bottom line is people post most often following defeats because they are upset and want to express their feelings. Once that is out of the way, or if we have won or got a good point, they look forward to the next game.

Positive thought: we are fresher than Doncaster who had a tough game at Salford.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 26
February 14, 2024, 10:06am
Guest User
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
David Artell is a liar .

Quoted from It Bites
Definitely a liar 🤥

You guys need to be careful - there's a libel law to be reckoned with.

It depresses me that you feel the need to say this (whilst Hurst's not-always-totally-accurate press statements were seemingly ok).

Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › It’s time

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.