Morecambe Ticket Prices

This thread currently has 2,630 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Wainmans Gloves
February 6, 2024, 10:46am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +31
Quite simply prices are a bit steep. £25 for an adult  seat + a £1 charge-twenties plenty!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
February 6, 2024, 11:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,190
Gold Stars: 51
Am I missing something or have the club not advertised away tickets for Colchester and Morecambe as being put on sale?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Croxton
February 6, 2024, 12:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
Grantham_Mariner
February 6, 2024, 12:21pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,190
Gold Stars: 51

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
GYinScuntland
February 6, 2024, 1:18pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
An absolute dump of a seaside town and I remember clearly the first time I set foot in the place.
I was walking down the sea front and saw a crowd stood watching a couple arguing, probably drunk or drug addicts the way they were going for it, to make it worse, they had a baby with them but it didn't stop them slapping each other.
Did any of the watching crowd try and help?
Did they hell, they just stood there laughing.
Eventually a policeman turned up and tried to separate them but typically the couple turned on him, grabbed his baton and started battering him with it, to cheers from the people stood around.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a crocodile sneaked up and ran off with all the sausages.
Absolute tip of a place and no mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Hagrid
February 6, 2024, 1:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Aye stayed the night there after opening day few seasons back, soul-less dump, and then the B and B owner overslept and we didnt get breakfast, would not hurry back!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
Mayaman
February 6, 2024, 1:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from GYinScuntland
An absolute dump of a seaside town and I remember clearly the first time I set foot in the place.
I was walking down the sea front and saw a crowd stood watching a couple arguing, probably drunk or drug addicts the way they were going for it, to make it worse, they had a baby with them but it didn't stop them slapping each other.
Eventually a policeman turned up and tried to separate them but typically the couple turned on him, grabbed his baton and started battering him with it, to cheers from the people stood around.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a crocodile sneaked up and ran off with all the sausages.

Wise words
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
HerveJosse
February 6, 2024, 1:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144

The not long renovated Midland Hotel on seafront is an art deco masterpiece for those interested in architecture . Must go there for coffee at least if going to  the game better still an overnight stay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
pizzzza
February 6, 2024, 2:13pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137

That's the way to do it!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
rancido
February 6, 2024, 2:20pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

Sounds a lot like Cleethorpes!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
The Caterham Mariner
February 6, 2024, 2:48pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from rancido

Sounds a lot like Cleethorpes!

How dare you sir !!
A seaside town set back in  time
Circa 1970's
Nothing beats
1.The Smallest Pub on the Planet.
2. The mini steam railway  by the boating lake.
3.the Cleethorpes  train along the prom
(I hope its still running the one with flower pots on top etc!!)
And to top it off  the best " HADDOCK & CHIPS " on " The Prom".
I could fall out with you ...!!! Pistols or swords at dawn sir!!
Ok Let's  not go that far , Once in a " Blue Moon " I come home to Grimsby and that's the stuff i love  and my wife and sons don't  get it ..
Town fan for life NOT Just for Christmas
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
lukeo
February 6, 2024, 6:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148

Post of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Mappers
February 6, 2024, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118

How dare you sir !!
A seaside town set back in  time
Circa 1970's
Nothing beats
1.The Smallest Pub on the Planet.
2. The mini steam railway  by the boating lake.
3.the Cleethorpes  train along the prom
(I hope its still running the one with flower pots on top etc!!)
And to top it off  the best " HADDOCK & CHIPS " on " The Prom".
I could fall out with you ...!!! Pistols or swords at dawn sir!!
Ok Let's  not go that far , Once in a " Blue Moon " I come home to Grimsby and that's the stuff i love  and my wife and sons don't  get it ..
Town fan for life NOT Just for Christmas
UTM

Morecambe have gor The Radford Pie Company & The Fury's can't say I have anymore knowledge of that place .

Weirdly away fans in the main always seem to have good feedback when coming to Cleethorpes  now  rather than it's just a sh*thole , probably helps a good number of them come away with 3 points and traditional quirky grounds seem to be more of a craze these days .

If you look on the Stockport forum they are all buzzing for it as were Tranmere fans last week and after the game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
WesternMariner
February 6, 2024, 9:51pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 38
In defence of Morecambe if you keep your back to the land Morecambe bay with the often snow topped fells in the distance is one of the natural wonders of the UK. I lived in Lancaster for several years (Morecambe and Lancaster like Cleethorpes and Grimsby) and worked with a dyed in the wool Morecambe fan when them being a FL club was a complete pipe dream. They’ve got a proper fan base who’ve been behind them through thick and thin and whilst they haven’t got the biggest following they made an exiled Mariner very welcome back in the 1990’s. I’d be very much surprised if that has changed.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Son of Cod
February 6, 2024, 10:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Don't get the people slating Morecambe, it's no worse or better than Cleethorpes really. You'd think people from an often derided seaside town that's had some tough times might have a bit of solidarity for a fellow often derided seaside town that's had some tough times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Poojah
February 6, 2024, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Son of Cod
Don't get the people slating Morecambe, it's no worse or better than Cleethorpes really. You'd think people from an often derided seaside town that's had some tough times might have a bit of solidarity for a fellow often derided seaside town that's had some tough times.

There are two mildly disparaging posts about Morecambe in this thread, and one is just the plot of Punch & Judy.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
GYinScuntland
February 6, 2024, 11:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

There are two mildly disparaging posts about Morecambe in this thread, and one is just the plot of Punch & Judy.

Oh no it isn't!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Son of Cod
February 7, 2024, 9:36am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I'd argue that absolute dump/tip and soulless dump go a bit beyond mildly disparaging. Also one person claiming post of the week on one of those posts if we're drilling into the stats.

Anyway, I've quite liked Morecambe the few times I've been. Not a particularly memorable footy ground but I'm a sucker for any away day near the seaside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
GYinScuntland
February 7, 2024, 10:03am

Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'd argue that absolute dump/tip and soulless dump go a bit beyond mildly disparaging. Also one person claiming post of the week on one of those posts if we're drilling into the stats.

Anyway, I've quite liked Morecambe the few times I've been. Not a particularly memorable footy ground but I'm a sucker for any away day near the seaside.

You're going to have a bit of a hot flush when you realise that Miss Morecambe is a Sat Nav instruction, not a Summer bikini competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Poojah
February 7, 2024, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Son of Cod

I don’t know whether those claiming “post of the week” and dishing out gold stars simply found it an amusing Punch & Judy gag, or have missed that point entirely and taken it for an entertaining and surreal account of the poster’s visit to Morecambe, which apparently culminated in a crocodile stealing some sausages, but I doubt it’s due to some collective, irrational hatred of Morcecambe Bay exhibited by the Fishy massive.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
Hagrid
February 7, 2024, 11:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Son of Cod

It was a dump, sorry for having an opinion!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
PrestwichMariner
February 7, 2024, 11:51am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
Just got my tickets so I'll find out on 24th!

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Son of Cod
February 7, 2024, 9:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t know whether those claiming “post of the week” and dishing out gold stars simply found it an amusing Punch & Judy gag, or have missed that point entirely and taken it for an entertaining and surreal account of the poster’s visit to Morecambe, which apparently culminated in a crocodile stealing some sausages, but I doubt it’s due to some collective, irrational hatred of Morcecambe Bay exhibited by the Fishy massive.

Must admit I've only just realised what you're talking about regarding Punch and Judy, that one went well over my head!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
HerveJosse
February 8, 2024, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Son of Cod

Must admit I've only just realised what you're talking about regarding Punch and Judy, that one went well over my head!

An apology on the Fishy!!

Thats the way to do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Morecambe Ticket Prices

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.