Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from rancido

Sounds a lot like Cleethorpes!

How dare you sir !!
A seaside town set back in  time
Circa 1970's
Nothing beats
1.The Smallest Pub on the Planet.
2. The mini steam railway  by the boating lake.
3.the Cleethorpes  train along the prom
(I hope its still running the one with flower pots on top etc!!)
And to top it off  the best " HADDOCK & CHIPS " on " The Prom".
I could fall out with you ...!!! Pistols or swords at dawn sir!!
Ok Let's  not go that far , Once in a " Blue Moon " I come home to Grimsby and that's the stuff i love  and my wife and sons don't  get it ..
Town fan for life NOT Just for Christmas
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
lukeo
February 6, 2024, 6:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from GYinScuntland
An absolute dump of a seaside town and I remember clearly the first time I set foot in the place.
I was walking down the sea front and saw a crowd stood watching a couple arguing, probably drunk or drug addicts the way they were going for it, to make it worse, they had a baby with them but it didn't stop them slapping each other.
Did any of the watching crowd try and help?
Did they hell, they just stood there laughing.
Eventually a policeman turned up and tried to separate them but typically the couple turned on him, grabbed his baton and started battering him with it, to cheers from the people stood around.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, a crocodile sneaked up and ran off with all the sausages.
Absolute tip of a place and no mistake.

Post of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Mappers
February 6, 2024, 8:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119

How dare you sir !!
A seaside town set back in  time
Circa 1970's
Nothing beats
1.The Smallest Pub on the Planet.
2. The mini steam railway  by the boating lake.
3.the Cleethorpes  train along the prom
(I hope its still running the one with flower pots on top etc!!)
And to top it off  the best " HADDOCK & CHIPS " on " The Prom".
I could fall out with you ...!!! Pistols or swords at dawn sir!!
Ok Let's  not go that far , Once in a " Blue Moon " I come home to Grimsby and that's the stuff i love  and my wife and sons don't  get it ..
Town fan for life NOT Just for Christmas
UTM

Morecambe have gor The Radford Pie Company & The Fury's can't say I have anymore knowledge of that place .

Weirdly away fans in the main always seem to have good feedback when coming to Cleethorpes  now  rather than it's just a sh*thole , probably helps a good number of them come away with 3 points and traditional quirky grounds seem to be more of a craze these days .

If you look on the Stockport forum they are all buzzing for it as were Tranmere fans last week and after the game .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
WesternMariner
February 6, 2024, 9:51pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +935
Gold Stars: 38
In defence of Morecambe if you keep your back to the land Morecambe bay with the often snow topped fells in the distance is one of the natural wonders of the UK. I lived in Lancaster for several years (Morecambe and Lancaster like Cleethorpes and Grimsby) and worked with a dyed in the wool Morecambe fan when them being a FL club was a complete pipe dream. They’ve got a proper fan base who’ve been behind them through thick and thin and whilst they haven’t got the biggest following they made an exiled Mariner very welcome back in the 1990’s. I’d be very much surprised if that has changed.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
Son of Cod
February 6, 2024, 10:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Don't get the people slating Morecambe, it's no worse or better than Cleethorpes really. You'd think people from an often derided seaside town that's had some tough times might have a bit of solidarity for a fellow often derided seaside town that's had some tough times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Poojah
February 6, 2024, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Son of Cod
Don't get the people slating Morecambe, it's no worse or better than Cleethorpes really. You'd think people from an often derided seaside town that's had some tough times might have a bit of solidarity for a fellow often derided seaside town that's had some tough times.

There are two mildly disparaging posts about Morecambe in this thread, and one is just the plot of Punch & Judy.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
GYinScuntland
February 6, 2024, 11:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Poojah

There are two mildly disparaging posts about Morecambe in this thread, and one is just the plot of Punch & Judy.

Oh no it isn't!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
Son of Cod
February 7, 2024, 9:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah

I'd argue that absolute dump/tip and soulless dump go a bit beyond mildly disparaging. Also one person claiming post of the week on one of those posts if we're drilling into the stats.

Anyway, I've quite liked Morecambe the few times I've been. Not a particularly memorable footy ground but I'm a sucker for any away day near the seaside.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
GYinScuntland
February 7, 2024, 10:03am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'd argue that absolute dump/tip and soulless dump go a bit beyond mildly disparaging. Also one person claiming post of the week on one of those posts if we're drilling into the stats.

Anyway, I've quite liked Morecambe the few times I've been. Not a particularly memorable footy ground but I'm a sucker for any away day near the seaside.

You're going to have a bit of a hot flush when you realise that Miss Morecambe is a Sat Nav instruction, not a Summer bikini competition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Poojah
February 7, 2024, 10:31am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Son of Cod

I don’t know whether those claiming “post of the week” and dishing out gold stars simply found it an amusing Punch & Judy gag, or have missed that point entirely and taken it for an entertaining and surreal account of the poster’s visit to Morecambe, which apparently culminated in a crocodile stealing some sausages, but I doubt it’s due to some collective, irrational hatred of Morcecambe Bay exhibited by the Fishy massive.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Morecambe Ticket Prices

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.