4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 4, 2024, 10:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,727
Gold Stars: 226
How on Earth did Salford beat Wrexham? A few weeks ago we hammered them at their place and they looked hopeless.

Now they are five points ahead of us. So what changed? Does anyone know if they brought in some quality in the window?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
IlkleyMariner
February 4, 2024, 10:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from RonMariner
How on Earth did Salford beat Wrexham? A few weeks ago we hammered them at their place and they looked hopeless.

Now they are five points ahead of us. So what changed? Does anyone know if they brought in some quality in the window?

They have got a down to earth competent manager….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
Davec
February 5, 2024, 7:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from RonMariner

Their January transfer window was fairly quiet, I think they only signed 2 players in January and they even lost their best player who signed for Wrexham! Clearly Karl Robinson has gone in, he doesn't think the squad are all that bad and he's getting a tune out of them clearly so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
crusty ole pie
February 5, 2024, 8:11am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from RonMariner

Just shows anyone can beat anyone in this league let’s hope the football world is saying the same about us next week utmx living the dream
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Mappers
February 5, 2024, 9:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
We have only played 4 of the top 7 at home , but have not lost any of them - beat Barrow & Crewe drew with Notts and Mansfield so should give us a bit of hope for Saturday  .

Stockport , MK Dons and Wrexham still to come at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
Son of Cod
February 5, 2024, 9:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from RonMariner

Think they've had injuries to some key players plus new manager bounce plus probably in a bit of a false position squad wise plus they were unlucky in that they were utterly useless twice against us when we were actually decent.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Mappers
February 5, 2024, 10:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
I know some on here listen to 'The Price Of Football ' podcast , I'm by no means a regular but had a listen today as there was a bit of a piece on Colchester Utd - I didn't realise quite how much their owner had ploughed in there - 35 million quid for a bottom end league 2 club and they are losing 40k a week ; absolutely bonkers .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
chaos33
February 5, 2024, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’m off to see Harrogate v Colchester on Saturday. I hope they’re terrible. Will let you know.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
tanga_the_indestructible
February 5, 2024, 3:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Son of Cod

Think they've had injuries to some key players plus new manager bounce plus probably in a bit of a false position squad wise plus they were unlucky in that they were utterly useless twice against us when we were actually decent.

Salford have won and three and drawn two since Robinson took over. I watched the game on Saturday and they were all over Wrexham (who were shite TBH). Could've easily been 4-0 up at half time. Robinson's more pragmatic about the style of play, though, and he's galvanised them v well already. They'll probably finish top half by the end of the season. Football wasn't that amazing, but they used Smith really effectively.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
ska face
February 5, 2024, 3:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
A few of us booked a hotel in Barrow for Good Friday as soon as the fixtures were announced, looking forward to a promotion charge & easy 3pts on the road over Easter. About 6 weeks back I was concerned it was going to be a dead rubber which always puts a dampener on things.

Glad to have a bit of jeopardy back in the proceedings, not necessarily the circumstances I would’ve chosen though.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Today at the botton of League Two

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.