Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 3, 2024, 10:25am
Could be a good day for us, whatever we do today....

The four teams below us play each other today.

Colchester United v Forest Green Rovers
Sutton United v Doncastwr Rovers

How good would a win for us today be!
Posted by: pen penfras, February 3, 2024, 10:30am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Could be a good day for us, whatever we do today....

The four teams below us play each other today.

Colchester United v Forest Green Rovers
Sutton United v Doncastwr Rovers

How good would a win for us today be!

They've all been dropping most points almost every week. Today at least 2 pick up points. If we lose, we definitely lose ground to somebody. If we win we definitely gain on somebody
Posted by: Poojah, February 3, 2024, 10:32am; Reply: 2
I think the best combination of results probably depends on our own. If we were to win at Accrington, I’d take Donny and Colchester wins as it would give us a healthy cushion between us and the relegation spots. If we lose or draw, I’d argue draws in those other games is the best outcome.

Posted by: Mappers, February 3, 2024, 10:37am; Reply: 3
Massive day for us the right set of results with a win for Town and we would be close to safety really (probably only need 3 wins or /and a good few draws)

The wrong set of results would put us right in the mix .

Time for the players to step up big time .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2024, 10:50am; Reply: 4
A defeat for Town and wins for Sutton & FGR then get ready for the meltdown.

My bet is all 3 games will be draws, which wouldn't be a disaster.  
Posted by: GrimRob, February 3, 2024, 10:52am; Reply: 5
Just win and the rest will look after itself.
Posted by: Poojah, February 3, 2024, 11:10am; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
Just win and the rest will look after itself.

Ffs, we’ve been doing it all wrong.
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 3, 2024, 11:35am; Reply: 7
I can see Sutton getting a result at Donny tbh we could do with 3 pts but will be happy with a point.
Posted by: AncientExiledMariner, February 3, 2024, 11:36am; Reply: 8
Personally, I'd take draws for them both. Less points for them all, and gives us more targets to get above in case 1 or 2 find some form.
Posted by: Meza, February 3, 2024, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
My prediction

Colchester United 2 v 1 Forest Green Rovers
Sutton United 1 v 1 Doncastwr Rovers
Accrington Stanley 1 - 2 Town
Posted by: mimma, February 3, 2024, 12:31pm; Reply: 10
GD is in our favour. It's an extra point to overhaul us so long as we don't start getting hammered every week.
Posted by: IowaMariner, February 3, 2024, 1:00pm; Reply: 11
If we get hammered every week, GD won’t really matter. We won’t have enough points to stay up!
Posted by: Maringer, February 3, 2024, 2:26pm; Reply: 12
I dream of the day when we end a League season with a positive goal difference...
Posted by: RonMariner, February 3, 2024, 2:33pm; Reply: 13
A thumping win for Wrexham at Salford would go amiss either. We could do with catching them up.
Posted by: Marinerdan, February 3, 2024, 2:35pm; Reply: 14
If the bottom two lose and we win there will be a 10 point gap between 23rd and 22nd.

That would have a huge impact psychologically and would be a big point discrepancy to overhaul.
Posted by: SpiritOf98, February 3, 2024, 2:48pm; Reply: 15
Swindon defeated in the early game. A win today and win the game in hand over them and we're 3 pts behind Swindon.
Mid table downwards is very tight
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, February 3, 2024, 5:57pm; Reply: 16
No change there then.(icon_neutral)
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, February 3, 2024, 6:02pm; Reply: 17
One less game for the bottom two to close the gap
Posted by: marinerjase, February 3, 2024, 7:18pm; Reply: 18
We aren’t going down..fortunately teams are playing catch up and aren’t good enough, not confident enough (like us) to get wins/string results together. That said - needs to be a wake up call..in many ways we’re fortunate this season that there’s worse.

🤞 next season we’re in a better place
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, February 3, 2024, 11:59pm; Reply: 19
I don’t think we’ll go down, but I think FGR have made a solid appointment in Cotterill and think he’ll get them performing and picking up results.
Posted by: RonMariner, February 4, 2024, 10:12am; Reply: 20
How on Earth did Salford beat Wrexham? A few weeks ago we hammered them at their place and they looked hopeless.

Now they are five points ahead of us. So what changed? Does anyone know if they brought in some quality in the window?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 4, 2024, 10:21am; Reply: 21
Quoted from RonMariner
How on Earth did Salford beat Wrexham? A few weeks ago we hammered them at their place and they looked hopeless.

Now they are five points ahead of us. So what changed? Does anyone know if they brought in some quality in the window?

They have got a down to earth competent manager….
Posted by: Davec, February 5, 2024, 7:01am; Reply: 22
Quoted from RonMariner

Their January transfer window was fairly quiet, I think they only signed 2 players in January and they even lost their best player who signed for Wrexham! Clearly Karl Robinson has gone in, he doesn't think the squad are all that bad and he's getting a tune out of them clearly so far
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 5, 2024, 8:11am; Reply: 23
Quoted from RonMariner

Just shows anyone can beat anyone in this league let’s hope the football world is saying the same about us next week utmx living the dream
Posted by: Mappers, February 5, 2024, 9:06am; Reply: 24
We have only played 4 of the top 7 at home , but have not lost any of them - beat Barrow & Crewe drew with Notts and Mansfield so should give us a bit of hope for Saturday  .

Stockport , MK Dons and Wrexham still to come at BP
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 5, 2024, 9:51am; Reply: 25
Quoted from RonMariner

Think they've had injuries to some key players plus new manager bounce plus probably in a bit of a false position squad wise plus they were unlucky in that they were utterly useless twice against us when we were actually decent.
Posted by: Mappers, February 5, 2024, 10:02am; Reply: 26
I know some on here listen to 'The Price Of Football ' podcast , I'm by no means a regular but had a listen today as there was a bit of a piece on Colchester Utd - I didn't realise quite how much their owner had ploughed in there - 35 million quid for a bottom end league 2 club and they are losing 40k a week ; absolutely bonkers .
Posted by: chaos33, February 5, 2024, 12:10pm; Reply: 27
I’m off to see Harrogate v Colchester on Saturday. I hope they’re terrible. Will let you know.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, February 5, 2024, 3:16pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Son of Cod

Think they've had injuries to some key players plus new manager bounce plus probably in a bit of a false position squad wise plus they were unlucky in that they were utterly useless twice against us when we were actually decent.

Salford have won and three and drawn two since Robinson took over. I watched the game on Saturday and they were all over Wrexham (who were shite TBH). Could've easily been 4-0 up at half time. Robinson's more pragmatic about the style of play, though, and he's galvanised them v well already. They'll probably finish top half by the end of the season. Football wasn't that amazing, but they used Smith really effectively.
Posted by: ska face, February 5, 2024, 3:27pm; Reply: 29
A few of us booked a hotel in Barrow for Good Friday as soon as the fixtures were announced, looking forward to a promotion charge & easy 3pts on the road over Easter. About 6 weeks back I was concerned it was going to be a dead rubber which always puts a dampener on things.

Glad to have a bit of jeopardy back in the proceedings, not necessarily the circumstances I would’ve chosen though.  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 5, 2024, 4:23pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ska face
A few of us booked a hotel in Barrow for Good Friday as soon as the fixtures were announced, looking forward to a promotion charge & easy 3pts on the road over Easter. About 6 weeks back I was concerned it was going to be a dead rubber which always puts a dampener on things.

Glad to have a bit of jeopardy back in the proceedings, not necessarily the circumstances I would’ve chosen though.  
Check the most popular bets for making the league 2 play-offs, Grimsby and Tranmere lol.(ohmy)

A nice 250/1 still with Sky Bet! >> https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/england-league-two/to-make-the-playoffs
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 5, 2024, 6:31pm; Reply: 31
Smith got a hat trick away from home recently.  This helps them.  
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 6:17am