4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
February 2, 2024, 7:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Been a busy one with ins and outs I know nothing about the players that have come in personally but looks like an upgrade in EFL experience? I ideally wanted a CB with pace and another striker I suppose we could still bring a body in that's unattached but what do we think is it enough?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Brummie Codfather
February 2, 2024, 7:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 21
The minimum for me before the window was to address our awful defence. We’ve brought in a CB, RB & LB so I’m happy there.

Letting go of Conteh meant needing a replacement so we’ve done that with someone with good experience.

Wood could be a cracking loan, time will tell & Obikwu not a clue if he’ll be any good.  

generally I think for a January Transfer window it’s been pretty successful.  If it was a summer window I’d be disappointed but January is not the time to build an entirely new squad - it’s bad enough that we’ve needed to build a completely new defensive line.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
1mickylyons
February 2, 2024, 7:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Brummie Codfather
The minimum for me before the window was to address our awful defence. We’ve brought in a CB, RB & LB so I’m happy there.

Letting go of Conteh meant needing a replacement so we’ve done that with someone with good experience.

Wood could be a cracking loan, time will tell & Obikwu not a clue if he’ll be any good.  

generally I think for a January Transfer window it’s been pretty successful.  If it was a summer window I’d be disappointed but January is not the time to build an entirely new squad - it’s bad enough that we’ve needed to build a completely new defensive line.

Yes it's notoriously difficult to get what you want without paying well over the odds. Thompson looks to be the key hopefully he knits defence and attack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
buckstown
February 2, 2024, 8:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Well the only thing left in this season is avoiding relegation. To do that we had to reinforce defensively and I guess we’ve done that
After the last 6 months I’ve given up getting over excited about new signings so we have to wait and see
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 2, 2024, 8:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Quoted from buckstown
Well the only thing left in this season is avoiding relegation. To do that we had to reinforce defensively and I guess we’ve done that
After the last 6 months I’ve given up getting over excited about new signings so we have to wait and see

Time will tell. Hard to judge if we’ve improved until we have seen these guys play. From his interview Hume is only here to get game time as he obviously turned us down in the summer and has taken two weeks to make up his mind to come here. Still maybe not a bad thing as he should be well motivated to do well otherwise playing for teams like town will be the best he can achieve in the future.

The lack of a physical presence up front still a concern, as is no cover for Rose, but maybe it’s time to get young Gardner involved and hope he can do a Jimmy Lumby for us.

Suspect we’re not going to particularly enjoy the next three months but I’ve been wrong before hopefully I’m wrong this time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
LocalLadGTFC
February 2, 2024, 8:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Going forward wasn’t an issue, I think a front 3 of Rose, Eisa and Vernam is as good as a many in this division. The problem areas are obvious and we’ve counter acted that by signing 3 new defenders and a midfield workhorse. I think Thompson is someone we’ve not had the type of in a very long time, a more polished Harry Clifton one of my old uni mates described him. We’ve addressed the lack of leadership by adding 3 players with vast experience, lack of pace in the full back areas and a midfield enforcer. I still think Harry Wood is a good signing, he was demanding the ball it just wasn’t working. I think you can just write that off as every single player having a stinker.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 31
Swansea_Mariner
February 2, 2024, 8:46am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,456
Gold Stars: 63
I think we need to dig out five victories, we've strengthened so let's hope we've got enough in the locker to make it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
davmariner
February 2, 2024, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
I think we need to dig out five victories, we've strengthened so let's hope we've got enough in the locker to make it.

We’ve only won 6 in 28 games, so that is quite a tall order.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
forza ivano
February 2, 2024, 9:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
agree with local Lad . Would add that (hopefully ) we will have Khouri, Ainley & Pyke all coming back in March to give us a further boost
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
Hagrid
February 2, 2024, 9:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Needed new fullbacks, needed new centre backs, ideally would have liked another CB but will take what we have got

Hopefully line up with the 2 new Fullbacks, Maher & Tharne as the first choice centrebacks

Wouldnt be against not seeing Rodgers and Mullarkey for the rest of the season but hopefully they feel they have a point to prove
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Town transfer window

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.