Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wilson gone...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Wilson gone...

This thread currently has 11,009 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
February 2, 2024, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,972
Gold Stars: 356
A goal every 84 minutes in league matches this season. Shite data!!!!!!11!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 63
jamesgtfc
February 2, 2024, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,980
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from male private Nale

100% he was told he didn't figure in long term plans, was told same time as Efete and Amos.

The data he produced whilst training and in matches was by far the worst out the whole squad.

Before Bear calls me out for evidence yet again, I was told about the data by one of the coaching staff.

Was told about him, Efete and Amos by my son in law who is ex pro and still has plenty of mates in the game. No reason to disbelieve any of them.

Probably to Crawley, was conjecture on my behalf.

Worst data by far, yet his data that matters (goals per games/minutes) is the best by far.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
Brummie Codfather
February 2, 2024, 6:33pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 21
Before we go down another data rabbit hole - all that would mean (if correct) that he trains badly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 63
Maringer
February 2, 2024, 7:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,560
Gold Stars: 185
He certainly seems to have done a lot better coming off the bench from my recollection. Not a bad thing as a 'super sub' is helpful, but so is having a player who does well from the start of games. His problem is that we play with one striker and he's clearly not the sort to lead the line. I suspect he is most effective playing off another striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
denni266
February 2, 2024, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Dont matter to me if he dont run around like a headless chicken in training . If he is getting in the right places to have a go and its going in regulaly that will do for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
HertsGTFC
February 2, 2024, 8:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from denni266
Dont matter to me if he dont run around like a headless chicken in training . If he is getting in the right places to have a go and its going in regulaly that will do for me

He’s got to be fit for more than 2 games in a row to have an impact

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
lew chaterleys lover
February 2, 2024, 9:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,731
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Worst data by far, yet his data that matters (goals per games/minutes) is the best by far.

That is why data is a complete waste of time and effort.

It can be manipulated, it depends on what you are looking for, it depends on how you interpret it and it depends on your own bias.

A manager knows if a player can play (or train) within himself but be a fantastic asset to the team on a match day.

The only thing that matters is match day, and the results as shown by the league table. Everything else is just fluff.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
Spurn boy
February 2, 2024, 9:37pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
If data had been used to assess the capability of Matt Le Tissier he would never have played a game for Southampton, by his own admission he was a very lazy player in training and only did what he had to do during games but scored 160 goals for Southampton. Data doesn’t always show everything about a player.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 63
jamesgtfc
February 2, 2024, 10:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,980
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Spurn boy
If data had been used to assess the capability of Matt Le Tissier he would never have played a game for Southampton, by his own admission he was a very lazy player in training and only did what he had to do during games but scored 160 goals for Southampton. Data doesn’t always show everything about a player.

Generally, training well should lead to better performances. If you perform well on a matchday, your training performance is irrelevant but criticism of it is valid if you aren't performing on a matchday.

For the last 5 years of his career, Ledley King could only play once a week and trained in the swimming pool to reduce the swelling on his knee. He occasionally did a light session in the gym but was still able to perform in the Premier League on a Saturday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 63
Mayaman
February 3, 2024, 6:54am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Apparently hasn't gone anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wilson gone...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.