Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, February 1, 2024, 10:59pm
On loan to Crawley.think that's a shame
Posted by: GrimExile, February 1, 2024, 11:00pm; Reply: 1
Yes agreed.
Posted by: davmariner, February 1, 2024, 11:02pm; Reply: 2
Unless Orsi is coming the other way then that’s a horrendous decision. His goals have at times single handedly wrenched us out of the excrement to date.
Posted by: Poojah, February 1, 2024, 11:03pm; Reply: 3
Artell seen earlier off Cleethorpes beach experiencing some pretty serious sellers remorse…

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 1, 2024, 11:03pm; Reply: 4
What did Hurst say about him “some of his injuries are in his head” or something similar.

Shame though as he did seem to know where the back of the net was.
Posted by: toontown, February 1, 2024, 11:06pm; Reply: 5
Yeah looks good when coming on against a tiring defence as sub, albeit is rarely fit to do so, but looks utterly mediocre when started.

Rather keep him than let him go but depends if we've got someone in to replace him who might be half decent as back up to rose and is usually available to play.
Posted by: TAGG, February 1, 2024, 11:07pm; Reply: 6
sodomist :B
Posted by: Marinerdeano, February 1, 2024, 11:07pm; Reply: 7
Mesmerised by this one. Surely we have an attacking player incoming.
Posted by: Croxton, February 1, 2024, 11:08pm; Reply: 8

Was he looking for a move back to London like Orsi? Did we get a 90 min performance at all?  Not the hardest worker but could finish.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, February 1, 2024, 11:11pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Croxton

Was he looking for a move back to London like Orsi? Did we get a 90 min performance at all?  Not the hardest worker but could finish.

Almost nailed-on he wanted away I'd wager

Posted by: GrimRob, February 1, 2024, 11:11pm; Reply: 10
Maybe he thinks we can get goals from Obikwu?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 1, 2024, 11:14pm; Reply: 11
What the intercourse happens if Rose gets injured
Posted by: ginnywings, February 1, 2024, 11:16pm; Reply: 12
Bit of a sick note by all accounts.

With Vernam now back and Pyke and Gnahoua almost ready to return, would Wilson even get in the matchday squad?

Don't think he's one for the trenches in a side fighting to get away from the bottom end.
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 1, 2024, 11:20pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from headingly_mariner
What the intercourse happens if Rose gets injured

We get relegated 👍
Posted by: Barrattstander, February 1, 2024, 11:22pm; Reply: 14
The less he played the better he was.
Posted by: davmariner, February 1, 2024, 11:30pm; Reply: 15
Maybe Bingo Bignot Mark II had a flutter when we were at 25-1 for relegation.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, February 1, 2024, 11:38pm; Reply: 16
Albeit been injured but the games he might play with his scoring record could net us another 6-7 points. Echo what others have said, should Rose get injured and we've not brought a replacement we are absolutely F*cked
Posted by: CSLM, February 1, 2024, 11:49pm; Reply: 17
Was definitely strange that he didn't come on at the weekend.

Don't really see why people are saying this matters if Rose gets injured, he cannot do what Rose does anyway.

Didn't look great but could put the ball in the net, opposite to most forward players really. Hmmmmm odd one.
Posted by: supertown, February 2, 2024, 12:03am; Reply: 18
Ffs what is going on
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 2, 2024, 12:04am; Reply: 19
I like Wilson but he's never fit, you can't carry people like then in a relegation battle, if him.going out on loan lets us bring someone else in so be it
Posted by: gtfc_chris, February 2, 2024, 12:08am; Reply: 20
Might be worth noting that although the BBC suggested it as a report there’s nothing yet confirmed on GTFC site, Crawley site or listed as a transfer on the BBC deadline deals either.

As far as I can tell Wilson is still with us. Hope I’m not missing something blindingly obvious that confirms the move but I haven’t seen it.
Posted by: Mikey_345, February 2, 2024, 12:37am; Reply: 21
Interesting that it’s not been confirmed either end. Our Admins tweet says that’s it tonight so can’t see out goings either.

Seems we were in for one more, wonder if it didn’t go through so we’ve pulled the Wilson deal as that would leave us very very short up front.
Posted by: It Bites, February 2, 2024, 6:52am; Reply: 22
Wilson isn’t right , never has been since he came . I Rose gets injured and we’re relying on the like of him then you may as well relegate us now
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 2, 2024, 7:34am; Reply: 23
So has he gone?
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, February 2, 2024, 7:55am; Reply: 24
Doesn’t even look like he’s gone!! I bet Town withdrew it with 1 in potentially falling down.
Posted by: Stew0_0, February 2, 2024, 8:47am; Reply: 25
I bet they stayed until late trying to organise the Charlie Kirk transfer which would have paved the way for Donovan to join Crawley but in a late change of heart Kirk signed for Crewe and they announced it at midnight.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 2, 2024, 9:01am; Reply: 26
Wiki definitely has Kirk at Crewe till end of season as at 1/2/24
Posted by: GrimRob, February 2, 2024, 9:17am; Reply: 27
Maybe it was another Wilson and someone got their wires crossed?
Posted by: supertown, February 2, 2024, 9:37am; Reply: 28
Where did the initial info come from that he had gone ?
Posted by: Mappers, February 2, 2024, 9:43am; Reply: 29
Quoted from supertown
Where did the initial info come from that he had gone ?

BBC radio sussex tweeted it out I think , shot their bolt early it seems .
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 2, 2024, 10:33am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Mappers

BBC radio sussex tweeted it out I think , shot their bolt early it seems .

Haven't we all at one time or another.
Posted by: davmariner, February 2, 2024, 10:58am; Reply: 31

Haven't we all at one time or another.

Speak for yourself!
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 2, 2024, 4:48pm; Reply: 32
According to the club, Donovan Wilson is still with GTFC
Posted by: mike502, February 2, 2024, 5:01pm; Reply: 33
Tweet 1753459512755773653 will appear here...
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 2, 2024, 5:18pm; Reply: 34
Very good news if he stays. As long as he gets his head back in the game he’s a decent goalscorer.
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 2, 2024, 5:31pm; Reply: 35
This made me chuckle everyone on Praise and Grumble was wishing him luck and saying its a mad decision him leaving yet nothing was even confirmed he'd left and everyone was taking some sports journo in crawley word for it   ;D ;D

How fickle are people when our club nor Crawley confirmed nothing?
Posted by: male private Nale, February 2, 2024, 5:48pm; Reply: 36
The plan was to let him go, IF we had managed to get the replacement over the line, which obviously we did not.

Still not in Artell's plans so will be moved on in Summer, probably to Crawley.
Posted by: Poojah, February 2, 2024, 5:51pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from male private Nale
The plan was to let him go, IF we had managed to get the replacement over the line, which obviously we did not.

Still not in Artell's plans so will be moved on in Summer, probably to Crawley.

You reckon?
Posted by: male private Nale, February 2, 2024, 6:03pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Poojah

You reckon?

100% he was told he didn't figure in long term plans, was told same time as Efete and Amos.

The data he produced whilst training and in matches was by far the worst out the whole squad.

Before Bear calls me out for evidence yet again, I was told about the data by one of the coaching staff.

Was told about him, Efete and Amos by my son in law who is ex pro and still has plenty of mates in the game. No reason to disbelieve any of them.

Probably to Crawley, was conjecture on my behalf.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 2, 2024, 6:09pm; Reply: 39

The data he produced whilst training and in matches was by far the worst out the whole squad.

Really. 6 league goals from 5 starts and 8 substitute appearances is pretty good data.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 2, 2024, 6:12pm; Reply: 40
A goal every 84 minutes in league matches this season. Shite data!!!!!!11!!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 2, 2024, 6:14pm; Reply: 41

100% he was told he didn't figure in long term plans, was told same time as Efete and Amos.

Before Bear calls me out for evidence yet again, I was told about the data by one of the coaching staff.

Was told about him, Efete and Amos by my son in law who is ex pro and still has plenty of mates in the game. No reason to disbelieve any of them.

Worst data by far, yet his data that matters (goals per games/minutes) is the best by far.
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, February 2, 2024, 6:33pm; Reply: 42
Before we go down another data rabbit hole - all that would mean (if correct) that he trains badly.
Posted by: Maringer, February 2, 2024, 7:11pm; Reply: 43
He certainly seems to have done a lot better coming off the bench from my recollection. Not a bad thing as a 'super sub' is helpful, but so is having a player who does well from the start of games. His problem is that we play with one striker and he's clearly not the sort to lead the line. I suspect he is most effective playing off another striker
Posted by: denni266, February 2, 2024, 7:31pm; Reply: 44
Dont matter to me if he dont run around like a headless chicken in training . If he is getting in the right places to have a go and its going in regulaly that will do for me
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2024, 8:17pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from denni266
Dont matter to me if he dont run around like a headless chicken in training . If he is getting in the right places to have a go and its going in regulaly that will do for me

He’s got to be fit for more than 2 games in a row to have an impact
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 2, 2024, 9:29pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Worst data by far, yet his data that matters (goals per games/minutes) is the best by far.

That is why data is a complete waste of time and effort.

It can be manipulated, it depends on what you are looking for, it depends on how you interpret it and it depends on your own bias.

A manager knows if a player can play (or train) within himself but be a fantastic asset to the team on a match day.

The only thing that matters is match day, and the results as shown by the league table. Everything else is just fluff.
Posted by: Spurn boy, February 2, 2024, 9:37pm; Reply: 47
If data had been used to assess the capability of Matt Le Tissier he would never have played a game for Southampton, by his own admission he was a very lazy player in training and only did what he had to do during games but scored 160 goals for Southampton. Data doesn’t always show everything about a player.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 2, 2024, 10:18pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Spurn boy
If data had been used to assess the capability of Matt Le Tissier he would never have played a game for Southampton, by his own admission he was a very lazy player in training and only did what he had to do during games but scored 160 goals for Southampton. Data doesn’t always show everything about a player.

Generally, training well should lead to better performances. If you perform well on a matchday, your training performance is irrelevant but criticism of it is valid if you aren't performing on a matchday.

For the last 5 years of his career, Ledley King could only play once a week and trained in the swimming pool to reduce the swelling on his knee. He occasionally did a light session in the gym but was still able to perform in the Premier League on a Saturday.
Posted by: Mayaman, February 3, 2024, 6:54am; Reply: 49
Apparently hasn't gone anywhere.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 3, 2024, 7:32am; Reply: 50

Not to call your son in law but he was miles off regarding Rose.

I got a private message off someone who was having a drink with him the night all the bollox regarding player revolt was doing the rounds and he's said he's going nowhere and has no intention to either

So, excuse me for doubting what you say, although I would say Wilson has been told he can leave, think that pointvwas proved when he got left on the bench against Harrogate.
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 3, 2024, 8:17am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mayaman

No mate all hype not doubting he might of been told he was free to find a club (which baffles me if he can keep himself fit he offers something) But everyone was acting as if he'd left when nothing was confirmed by the club,
Posted by: paramariner, February 3, 2024, 8:49am; Reply: 52
Am totally confused, officiall statement from Town yesterday was that he was still at the club and the window is now shut,so how can he move?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 3, 2024, 8:58am; Reply: 53
Quoted from paramariner
Am totally confused, officiall statement from Town yesterday was that he was still at the club and the window is now shut,so how can he move?

Any outgoings can sign for non-league clubs until late March.
Posted by: paramariner, February 3, 2024, 10:14am; Reply: 54
Yeah, but Crawley aren't non league
Posted by: AussieMariner, February 3, 2024, 12:06pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from paramariner
Yeah, but Crawley aren't non league

Wilson may be though
Posted by: RonMariner, February 3, 2024, 12:07pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Mayaman

Good news.  He clearly has an eye for goal given his goal to minutes ratio. Let's hope we can keep him reasonably fit.
Posted by: supertown, February 3, 2024, 2:34pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from paramariner

Why are you baffled, he hasn’t gone anywhere for whatever reason
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, February 3, 2024, 5:25pm; Reply: 58
It is true that he wants to leave, wants to move back down south but was told would only be possible if the club found a replacement. Club had a replacement until the eleventh hour of deadline day to which the move fell through and he stayed. I think we probably will see him move in the summer but there’s no throwing the toys out the pram as he understood the situation.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2024, 6:05pm; Reply: 59
Artell just confirmed he was on his way but Crawley didn't get the paperwork done in time, so that clears up that  mystery.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 3, 2024, 8:21pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from ginnywings
Artell just confirmed he was on his way but Crawley didn't get the paperwork done in time, so that clears up that  mystery.

He also said it was a loan.

Am not actually sure he confirmed it was Crawley, but he said a club came in for dw late deadline day, and didn't get it done

Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2024, 8:45pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

He also said it was a loan.

Am not actually sure he confirmed it was Crawley, but he said a club came in for dw late deadline day, and didn't get it done

It was almost certainly Crawley, but it doesn't really matter because he wasn't even on the bench today, which is a question I asked earlier in the thread: if everyone is fit, would he even make the match day squad, and it seems the answer is no. Looks like his days are numbered and can't see him being here beyond the end of the season.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, February 3, 2024, 8:56pm; Reply: 62
Refreshing to have a bit of honesty for once
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2024, 10:26pm; Reply: 63
Artell offers a player the opportunity to play more, player says he’s interested, club where he’s meant to go can’t get their admin done in time - Town player realises how important he’d be if his new bosses can’t be bothered to push paper.

Player stays at BP and works hard for a starting selection.

It could happen couldn’t it?
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 10:45am