January 31, 2024, 6:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,611
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from grassbandits
Damn! I so wanted him to succeed - was in my sons school class in Norwich : (

To be fair it’s no wonder his football suffered with the pressure of all that homework on top.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
forza ivano
January 31, 2024, 8:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,210
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from fishcake63

This 100% hope he enjoys his time at wallsall , cant believe we have who think the current rb is better than michee

did I miss summat??
going to miss him, really enjoyed watching him, much maligned. Really thought that with Artell coaching him, an maybe using a sports psychologist he could've kicke on, but never diven a chance.

Best of luck Michee, hope you go on to greater success

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
Mappers
January 31, 2024, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,342
Gold Stars: 119
The first time I saw Michee was against Weymouth I think right back in August 21 - he had a good game that day defensively solid with the odd barnstorming run , I thought we had a real player on our hands he looked the real deal for me and many thought within the first few months he would go onto bigger and better things .

He didn't feature at the back end of 'that' special season with injury cutting his season short , Cropper coming in and us using that extreme long throw to potent effect in the last few months and onto glory .

I honestly thought he would thrive as a league player but the barnstorming runs became less and less frequent , he was hesitant and often reverted to rolling it sideways or backwards ; his desire for adventure looked to be gone with his flaw in concentration exposed on occasion - there were highlights in the cup ,he was excellent and made the FA cup Team Of The Season + there was a goal at Sutton were he looked to have that freedom again , breaking through to slide home and celebrate with that smile he has .

This season he has barely featured , although it was evident at Bradford he was one  Hurst could still trust , bringing him on at left back to negate their lively right winger to good effect .

I liked Michee

Hopefully he gets that sense of adventure & freedom back wherever he ends up .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
IlkleyMariner
January 31, 2024, 9:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
We wish him well.
His goal against Hartlepool in our 4-1 loss to Hartlepool was a joy to watch
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
Maringer
January 31, 2024, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
He's an honest player who has played his part in a couple of memorable seasons for the club so he goes with my best wishes. Unless he ends up signing for a relegation rival, of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
headingly_mariner
January 31, 2024, 9:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Really liked Efete, hardworking, dogged, athletic and honest.
Did a great job for us and has been overlooked this season.
He also had some excellent games as a 3rd CB.  

Another player leaving who I'm sad to see go and has achieved something with us.

Sad to see some of the excrement Mularkey is getting. Not the best defender, decent footballer and he tries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
HerveJosse
January 31, 2024, 9:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
If  we could have just accepted he was a defender who was difficult to get past and that was it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
toontown
January 31, 2024, 11:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Incredible athlete, rather less credible footballer. I was never a fan to say the least. Gave his all though and that athleticism should allow him to have a full time pro career which wasn't certain by any means when he turned up at town. He did grow on me during his time here tho and he can certainly defend 1 on 1. I think his best position is on the right of a back 3 in a team that doesn't knock it around at the back.

One thing I can recall is that one time he had a head injury and had to go off injured I think. The following week when there was a ball in the air to be won he stuck his head in straight away and didn't shirk at all when he could have been forgiven for hesitating. I thought that showed genuine courage and commitment. Part of a historic cup run team for the mariners, I wish him good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
thebuckleyway
January 31, 2024, 11:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -263
I liked him always got the impression he gave his all game in game out and at this point no worse than what we have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Davec
February 1, 2024, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I think I can only agree with the other people on here, very good athlete, quite technically limited but he has some power and he's a strong guy so on the few occasions he has the confidence to try and burst into the box he generally does, Torquay away and Hartlepool at home springs to mind. As for defensively I feel sometimes he is slow at reacting to danger but hes a competent enough basic 1v1 defender, mainly because of his size, will do well at NL level and league 2 level as back up potentially, I wish him well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Efete Gone

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.