Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst left us with a shocking squad.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Hurst left us with a shocking squad.

This thread currently has 1,439 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Yoda
January 27, 2024, 7:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
Hurst has left us with a terrible team all the cup money has been wasted.
But DA needs to raise his game because on that performance we are down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
January 27, 2024, 8:05pm
Guest User
I see Shrewsbury won convincingly today…
Reply: 1 - 24
come_on_town
January 27, 2024, 8:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 33
Whilst I agree with you in the fact cup money from last season seems to spunked on players not quite up it….sitting in the stand watching the pre-season against Hull I genuinely thought Hurst had unearthed some gems. Stand-out players Rogers and Mullarky…certainly better/a step up than what we had.
Now I’m not so sure but for me I think Artell may be missing it. This may get red crossed to f**k but I’d personally play Clifton at right back (or at least for a few games). It gives Mullarky the break I think he needs. Take the pressure off Harry playing a role he looks lost in at the minute and may provide the energy to help out the centre half’s. We have CURRENTLY enough centre midfielders to cover….

I’m not a football manager but is it the worst suggestion??
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
Vance Warner
January 27, 2024, 8:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Funny that those blaming Hurst for building our current squad also blamed Hurst for the squad Holloway built
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
male private Nale
January 27, 2024, 8:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from come_on_town
Whilst I agree with you in the fact cup money from last season seems to spunked on players not quite up it….sitting in the stand watching the pre-season against Hull I genuinely thought Hurst had unearthed some gems. Stand-out players Rogers and Mullarky…certainly better/a step up than what we had.
Now I’m not so sure but for me I think Artell may be missing it. This may get red crossed to f**k but I’d personally play Clifton at right back (or at least for a few games). It gives Mullarky the break I think he needs. Take the pressure off Harry playing a role he looks lost in at the minute and may provide the energy to help out the centre half’s. We have CURRENTLY enough centre midfielders to cover….

I’m not a football manager but is it the worst suggestion??

From a defensive perspective I would be a lot happier playing Clifton right back and if we could clone him at left back too, failing that khouri has the same attributes to be deployed as left back. Both tenacious in the tackle and he has done a job there before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
Swansea_Mariner
January 27, 2024, 8:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,456
Gold Stars: 63
It's not the worst suggestion we've certainly seen that Clifton can be a competent full back and has proven this multiple times.

It's certainly a consideration to swap him out for one of either Gellenon or Mullarkey  question is which one as I suspect he could do a better job than both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
TAGG
January 27, 2024, 8:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Vance Warner
Funny that those blaming Hurst for building our current squad also blamed Hurst for the squad Holloway built

Good point well made.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
BulkyMariner
January 27, 2024, 8:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +206
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 140381
I see Shrewsbury won convincingly today…

Can we not start this please?

His time was over here, how he does somewhere else doesn't matter.

If you need reminding watch his post-match presser after Col U at home, bloke looked like he was going to cry. He knew it was finished here, so did everyone else.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
January 27, 2024, 8:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from BulkyMariner

Can we not start this please?

His time was over here, how he does somewhere else doesn't matter.

If you need reminding watch his post-match presser after Col U at home, bloke looked like he was going to cry. He knew it was finished here, so did everyone else.

“Started”?

FFS his name is in the thread title.
Reply: 8 - 24
January 27, 2024, 8:23pm
Guest User
And my point was not that he was or wasn’t finished, more to do with YET AGAIN blaming him for the latest result.

Changing the entire system a team plays with players who can’t grasp it in the middle of a season whilst we’re hovering over the relegation positions is fúcking madness. Everybody around me is saying exactly the same thing.
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst left us with a shocking squad.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.