Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New fan representative on GTFC board of directors
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

New fan representative on GTFC board of directors

This thread currently has 2,426 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 21, 2024, 9:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,938
Gold Stars: 228
It’s a positive move to have supporters on the board, if the new guy is the calibre of Kristine & Dave he will be fine.

Under Jason & Andrew the Trust are quite rightly a bigger stake holder than under the previous regime so I’m sure the incumbent will represent supporters in the right manner.

Not sure why people would treat this with suspicion, progressive owners opening the door for a committed supporters group to have a role in the future of the club, under JF & at many if not most clubs this would not happen.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
ex-merseymariner
January 21, 2024, 10:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from pizzzza

I'm not sure how any of what you wrote is relavant. I'm simply calling for transparency (do you disagree with that?). Especially if they are using the term fan elected, when it does not seem to be the case.

I think its very relevant.
(And I speak as a lifetime trust member and ex board member. )

The trust always needs more fans to step.forward and get involved and I get it was sometimes difficult under the previous regime but no excuses now.  

If more fans join, the trust will benefit . Even more so if more get involved regularly, (board,events etc) even if just for a season or two....  I can't see why ANY fishy poster wouldn't join the trust, except for the odd darlo or Lincoln fan!!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
moosey_club
January 21, 2024, 10:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,258
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pizzzza

I'm not sure how any of what you wrote is relavant. I'm simply calling for transparency (do you disagree with that?). Especially if they are using the term fan elected, when it does not seem to be the case.

Yes transparency is fine.
How do you know this wasnt discussed prior within the trust meetings?
Was Brian nominated by the fellow trust board members as Daves replacement, the very people who have been put in place by the supporters..... fan elected?

If people are genuinely interested enough to react about it why not be pro active and get involved , keep in touch direct with the trust through their own channels?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
pizzzza
January 21, 2024, 11:27am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from moosey_club

Yes transparency is fine.
How do you know this wasnt discussed prior within the trust meetings?
Was Brian nominated by the fellow trust board members as Daves replacement, the very people who have been put in place by the supporters..... fan elected?

I don't know is my answer to those questions. It does, however, sound like you do know the answers to your own questions so why not just tell us instead of the cloak and dagger routine?

If the process was transparent from the start then we would not even be having this discussion.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Mikey_345
January 21, 2024, 12:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Happy to be corrected but as I understand it I’d think being elected on to the trust board by fans and then consequently the clubs board by the trust, made up of fans elected by other fans, probably qualifies as fan elected.

The argument therefore is a different one and is by which fans, not that there’s no fans involved. I’d suggest if anyone feels that strongly about it, wants to be involved with that process in future or find more out about anything like this they join the trust and engage with them. It isn’t a secret, and never has been, that there are two trust representatives on the clubs board..

The trust do a hell of a lot of good work and I for one am grateful they have a role and a say in what happens at the club.

Good luck Brian.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Maringer
January 22, 2024, 6:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pizzzza

I don't know is my answer to those questions. It does, however, sound like you do know the answers to your own questions so why not just tell us instead of the cloak and dagger routine?

If the process was transparent from the start then we would not even be having this discussion.

I a lifetime Trust member but have had absolutely nothing to do with the Trust since I joined. I assume that those who are are active in the Trust elected the new guy into the role - possibly on a show of hands at a meeting.

I'll work on the assumption that they made the best choice of the candidates available. Why won't you?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Maringer
January 22, 2024, 7:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
I'd imagine there will be some minutes of a meeting where the vote took place. Not sure if these are made public or not. Either way, I'm not bothered because I'm sure these volunteers did the best they could.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
arryarryarry
January 22, 2024, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 116
Never heard of him.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
GrimPol
January 22, 2024, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from pizzzza

Indeed, I'd like to see transparency on how and why this person was chosen. Especially if the narrative is that he is "fan-elected". What did this process entail? Who took part in the election?

Mariners Trust elected.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
GrimPol
January 22, 2024, 5:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Maringer

I a lifetime Trust member but have had absolutely nothing to do with the Trust since I joined. I assume that those who are are active in the Trust elected the new guy into the role - possibly on a show of hands at a meeting.

I'll work on the assumption that they made the best choice of the candidates available. Why won't you?

How many members are there?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New fan representative on GTFC board of directors

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.