Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New fan representative on GTFC board of directors
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, TwoLeftFeet and 57 Guests

New fan representative on GTFC board of directors

This thread currently has 2,430 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
January 19, 2024, 3:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Tweet 1748364252253942195 will appear here...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Mappers
January 19, 2024, 3:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Is Terry Rudrum still involved at all ? always thought he seemed a good guy through the darker times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
jamesgtfc
January 19, 2024, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
I think an inaccurate phrase has been used here, as the fans haven't actually elected Brian on to the board of directors.

He is a fan representative on the board, and I wish him well in succeeding Dave, but he is not fan-elected. Looking through previous Mariners Trust board minutes, in 2021 Brian was an unopposed nominee to the Trust Board, and therefore an election did not need to take place.

I'm all for fan representation on the board and it can only be a good thing, but the phrase "fan-elected" is a bit inaccurate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
pizzzza
January 19, 2024, 4:29pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Yeah, I was thinking when was the election...
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
grimsby pete
January 19, 2024, 11:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from pizzzza
Yeah, I was thinking when was the election...

It's years since I had an erection.

Oops sorry you said election .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
TuckerJenkins
January 20, 2024, 6:59am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +67
Gold Stars: 1
Is anyone on the board not a fan?

Flippin' 'eck Tucker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Davec
January 20, 2024, 7:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
With all due respect to Brian I know absolutely nothing about him, I had never heard of him until I saw the article, what skills and experience does he have which makes him suitable for this role?

I aren't trying to claim he's not suitable but it would be nice to have some insight on his career and his skills and experience he can bring to the role?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
pizzzza
January 21, 2024, 8:21am

Pontoonite
Quoted from Davec
With all due respect to Brian I know absolutely nothing about him, I had never heard of him until I saw the article, what skills and experience does he have which makes him suitable for this role?

I aren't trying to claim he's not suitable but it would be nice to have some insight on his career and his skills and experience he can bring to the role?

Indeed, I'd like to see transparency on how and why this person was chosen. Especially if the narrative is that he is "fan-elected". What did this process entail? Who took part in the election?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
moosey_club
January 21, 2024, 9:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Good luck to the new guy. I believe he has some big shoes to fill following Dave.

For those already starting a Spanish Inquisition....how many of you are trust members, when was the last time you interacted with the trust directly, attended a meeting, read any minutes, spoke with a board member or even attended an event they organised, volunteered ...etc etc

Alot of work goes on by the trust which is largely under the radar but as soon as something like this goes public everyone jumps up and is faux interested and outraged.

If you were that interested in the first place then get more involved with the trust.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
pizzzza
January 21, 2024, 9:38am

Pontoonite
Quoted from moosey_club
Good luck to the new guy. I believe he has some big shoes to fill following Dave.

For those already starting a Spanish Inquisition....how many of you are trust members, when was the last time you interacted with the trust directly, attended a meeting, read any minutes, spoke with a board member or even attended an event they organised, volunteered ...etc etc

Alot of work goes on by the trust which is largely under the radar but as soon as something like this goes public everyone jumps up and is faux interested and outraged.

If you were that interested in the first place then get more involved with the trust.

I'm not sure how any of what you wrote is relavant. I'm simply calling for transparency (do you disagree with that?). Especially if they are using the term fan elected, when it does not seem to be the case.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New fan representative on GTFC board of directors

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.