3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 14, 2024, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
John is doing extremely well at Barnsley.  9 goals in 22 matches, and some assists.

He was voted player of the month by the supporters for Nov 23 and for Dec 23.  He was also voted goal of the month for Dec 23.  He scored from 35 yards against Port Vale.

These achievements in a good team chasing a place in the Championship.

My local coffee place is run by a keen Barnsley fan.  He was lukewarm about the loan from Luton.  I said that you will appreciate what he offers and the fans will love him.

Today he said that he is a really good player.  Easily good enough for the Championship.  Steady on I said let him develop at his own pace.  There are recent rumours (refuted)  that Luton want him back this’
Month. It seems though that all parties are happy for him to remain at Barnsley.  

I am pleased for him. He always worked hard (chasing everything down) and had a good attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
livosnose
January 14, 2024, 4:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,173
Gold Stars: 15
Looks to be enjoying his football . Terrific player … imagine him and Rose for Town ….

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
mariner91
January 14, 2024, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Watched Posh v Barnsley a couple of weeks ago and he was one of the best players on the pitch. Makes a mockery of those on here claiming he wasn’t all that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Poojah
January 14, 2024, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503
He regularly seems to stand out on the ITV highlights shows. If not scoring, he’s generally involved in the build up to most of Barnsley’s goals. Peculiar season for him last year, but there was never any doubt about his ability.

I think the most likely scenario is that Luton get relegated this season and he gets a crack at the Championship with them. What happens after that is really up to him.

I can’t wish the lad well enough.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Yoda
January 14, 2024, 5:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,142
Gold Stars: 71
My mate is a season ticket holder at Barnsley they absolutely love him.
I said to him i told you he was a good player, i have been over to Barnsley they have a cracking stadium.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Yoda
January 14, 2024, 5:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,142
Gold Stars: 71
I hope Barnsley go up a good club a good model for us to aspire to.
Develop players sell them on John Stones a classic example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
davmariner
January 14, 2024, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Really pleased for him. Created a lot of memories for us and has gone down in history for the pivotal role he played in our promotion.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Son of Cod
January 14, 2024, 6:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah
He regularly seems to stand out on the ITV highlights shows. If not scoring, he’s generally involved in the build up to most of Barnsley’s goals. Peculiar season for him last year, but there was never any doubt about his ability.

I think the most likely scenario is that Luton get relegated this season and he gets a crack at the Championship with them. What happens after that is really up to him.

I can’t wish the lad well enough.

He sacrificed quite a lot last season for the sake of us shape. Busted his gut for most of the season but was ultimately playing in a Paul Hurst side and that was no longer geared around him feeding off Ryan Taylor. I only really remember him playing particularly badly at Swindon and there were several games he didn't get the credit he deserved, in my opinion.

Really glad to see him kicking on at Barnsley. Have a mate who is a Barnsley fan and he says he's cementing himself as a fans' favourite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
jamesgtfc
January 14, 2024, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,975
Gold Stars: 190
Managed correctly on and off the pitch, McAtee is an incredible talent. He needs to be playing regularly, he needs freedom and he needs to feel loved.

I imagine Luton are looking to potentially use him in the Championship next season or sell him. If he moves somewhere else and struggles for the rest of the season, his valuation will reduce so it's probably best all round that he stays at Barnsley.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2024, 9:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Good to see him doing well. Really good player, our talisman when we came up, The equaliser at Wrexham & in the PO final will always stand out but he was great that season.

Always seemed like a nice lad who had time for everyone as well.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › John McAtee making very good progress

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.