1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2024, 11:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,350
Gold Stars: 66
See he has signed for donny seems strange we are never chasing him proven goal scorer
Logged Offline
Private Message
LocalLadGTFC
January 12, 2024, 11:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from crusty ole pie
See he has signed for donny seems strange we are never chasing him proven goal scorer

a proven goal scorer that his best season is 9 at this level? and 5 of them came in one month. Good player but he isn't a goalscorer or what we're looking for.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 8
diehardmariner
January 12, 2024, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Is it and is he?

I imagine he'll command a very decent wage having seen Wrexham snap him up last season, from a Barrow side in the league above at the time.

As for a goalscorer, he's only broken double figures three times, two of those in the Conference.   Certainly at this level it's pretty average next to what Rose has done/is doing for us this season.  Wouldn't even say it's blowing away the records of Pyke and Wilson this season.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need something else up there (if only to take the pressure off Rose a little).  But for the money that Waters will be on, I would want us to use it far better.  
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2024, 11:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,350
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from diehardmariner
Is it and is he?

I imagine he'll command a very decent wage having seen Wrexham snap him up last season, from a Barrow side in the league above at the time.

As for a goalscorer, he's only broken double figures three times, two of those in the Conference.   Certainly at this level it's pretty average next to what Rose has done/is doing for us this season.  Wouldn't even say it's blowing away the records of Pyke and Wilson this season.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need something else up there (if only to take the pressure off Rose a little).  But for the money that Waters will be on, I would want us to use it far better.  

Good point well made
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
mimma
January 12, 2024, 12:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
If we could get the three strikers we have already fit and playing together regularly we wouldn't have a problem in the first place
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
ginnywings
January 12, 2024, 12:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from mimma
If we could get the three strikers we have already fit and playing together regularly we wouldn't have a problem in the first place

Have we got a problem?

We play with one central striker, and he seems to be doing an excellent job. He also very rarely gets injured looking at his playing record. The players around him are chipping in with goals, many more than previous season forward players. It's the defence that is letting us down, as evidenced by the amount of games we have drawn, or lost by a single goal. A few more clean sheets and we would be much higher up the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
LocalLadGTFC
January 12, 2024, 1:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from ginnywings

Have we got a problem?

We play with one central striker, and he seems to be doing an excellent job. He also very rarely gets injured looking at his playing record. The players around him are chipping in with goals, many more than previous season forward players. It's the defence that is letting us down, as evidenced by the amount of games we have drawn, or lost by a single goal. A few more clean sheets and we would be much higher up the table.

Danny Rose strikes me as someone that would run through a brickwall for a manager and is probably the reason PH signed him. I expect there's been times Danny Rose probably should of missed out with a little niggle but I imagine he's probably played through it for us. He's a managers dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 8
Maringer
January 12, 2024, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Danny Rose strikes me as someone that would run through a brickwall for a manager...

...and win a free-kick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
DB
January 12, 2024, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings

Have we got a problem?

A few clean sheets would help us no end. On the whole, the attack seems to create a few chances but defending we are woeful.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Billy waters

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.