Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 12, 2024, 11:41am
See he has signed for donny seems strange we are never chasing him proven goal scorer
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 12, 2024, 11:45am; Reply: 1
Quoted from crusty ole pie
See he has signed for donny seems strange we are never chasing him proven goal scorer

a proven goal scorer that his best season is 9 at this level? and 5 of them came in one month. Good player but he isn't a goalscorer or what we're looking for.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 12, 2024, 11:48am; Reply: 2
Is it and is he?

I imagine he'll command a very decent wage having seen Wrexham snap him up last season, from a Barrow side in the league above at the time.

As for a goalscorer, he's only broken double figures three times, two of those in the Conference.   Certainly at this level it's pretty average next to what Rose has done/is doing for us this season.  Wouldn't even say it's blowing away the records of Pyke and Wilson this season.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need something else up there (if only to take the pressure off Rose a little).  But for the money that Waters will be on, I would want us to use it far better.  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 12, 2024, 11:49am; Reply: 3
Quoted from diehardmariner
Is it and is he?

I imagine he'll command a very decent wage having seen Wrexham snap him up last season, from a Barrow side in the league above at the time.

As for a goalscorer, he's only broken double figures three times, two of those in the Conference.   Certainly at this level it's pretty average next to what Rose has done/is doing for us this season.  Wouldn't even say it's blowing away the records of Pyke and Wilson this season.

Don't get me wrong, I think we need something else up there (if only to take the pressure off Rose a little).  But for the money that Waters will be on, I would want us to use it far better.  

Good point well made
Posted by: mimma, January 12, 2024, 12:22pm; Reply: 4
If we could get the three strikers we have already fit and playing together regularly we wouldn't have a problem in the first place
Posted by: ginnywings, January 12, 2024, 12:36pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mimma
If we could get the three strikers we have already fit and playing together regularly we wouldn't have a problem in the first place

Have we got a problem?

We play with one central striker, and he seems to be doing an excellent job. He also very rarely gets injured looking at his playing record. The players around him are chipping in with goals, many more than previous season forward players. It's the defence that is letting us down, as evidenced by the amount of games we have drawn, or lost by a single goal. A few more clean sheets and we would be much higher up the table.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 12, 2024, 1:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

Have we got a problem?

We play with one central striker, and he seems to be doing an excellent job. He also very rarely gets injured looking at his playing record. The players around him are chipping in with goals, many more than previous season forward players. It's the defence that is letting us down, as evidenced by the amount of games we have drawn, or lost by a single goal. A few more clean sheets and we would be much higher up the table.

Danny Rose strikes me as someone that would run through a brickwall for a manager and is probably the reason PH signed him. I expect there's been times Danny Rose probably should of missed out with a little niggle but I imagine he's probably played through it for us. He's a managers dream.
Posted by: Maringer, January 12, 2024, 2:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Danny Rose strikes me as someone that would run through a brickwall for a manager...

...and win a free-kick.
Posted by: DB, January 12, 2024, 4:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings

Have we got a problem?

A few clean sheets would help us no end. On the whole, the attack seems to create a few chances but defending we are woeful.

Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 6:18am