forza ivano
January 11, 2024, 7:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,186
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mallyner
I was there on the night he made his debut on loan with the son of Tony Pulis; and Martin chased everything, including seemingly lost causes; and we gave him a standing ovation.

I think Alan Buckley would have loved to have signed him, but seemingly it was out of the question.

Was that Torquay away? Seem to remember him having a blinder there one cold Friday night
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
chaos33
January 11, 2024, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Love that finish from Lump 🙂

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
jamesgtfc
January 11, 2024, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,963
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Poojah

Almost. Paterson equalised at the death and then Huddersfield won it in the dying moments of injury time through an unfortunate Aswad Thomas OG.

Sounds weird to say, but probably my favourite defeat I’ve witnessed at BP. A proper blood and thunder performance from Town against a much better side, and one of the best atmospheres I can remember there for a long time. Neither of those things happen enough these days.

I had a "restricted view" seat in the Main Stand next to a column. The view wasn't actually restricted at all, but I just remember some idiot next to me spent the full 90 minutes moaning that we weren't closing them down.

I really enjoyed the game, proper blood and thunder like you say, and we were very unlucky to lose that game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Maringer
January 11, 2024, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,522
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from chaos33
Love that finish from Lump 🙂

A classy player. A real pity that he couldn't stay a bit longer.

For Paterson, I always remember a quick and very direct player, always trying to run at the opposition defence. Very reminiscent of Kabba in that regard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
grimps
January 12, 2024, 4:44am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Great player
I used to work with is Scottish dad on LOR
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Brazilnut
January 12, 2024, 7:19am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30

Sounds weird to say, but probably my favourite defeat I’ve witnessed at BP. A proper blood and thunder performance from Town against a much better side, and one of the best atmospheres I can remember there for a long time. Neither of those things happen enough these days. [/quote]

This was at the time there was a fuss about "has the FA Cup lost its magic" and lower gates for 3rd round matches ........ a mate was driving down south during the match ......and he said radio5 was going round the grounds all reporters where mentioning lack of atmosphere and mundane football .....but when they came to Grimsby the report went along the lines of ......I don't know what the others are watching but it is absolutely  bouncing here we have a proper cup tie

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Simon
January 12, 2024, 9:25am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from grimps
Great player
I used to work with is Scottish dad on LOR

Pato snr still lives in Healing

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Mallyner
January 12, 2024, 9:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from forza ivano

Was that Torquay away? Seem to remember him having a blinder there one cold Friday night

All credit to you for going to Torquay Forza, but the game I recall was the one in the video clip.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
mariner91
January 12, 2024, 10:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Paterson and Lump instantly had a connection. I can remember a move in the first half of the Accy game where Paterson received the ball from the full back but feinted over it to allow it to run to Lump who played him through with his first touch (the classy sodomist) and he nearly scored. One of the best little bits of play I can remember watching at BP in the last 20 years and they'd probably only met each other an hour before. What a strike partnership that was. I miss Lump.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
LocalLadGTFC
January 12, 2024, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from mariner91
Paterson and Lump instantly had a connection. I can remember a move in the first half of the Accy game where Paterson received the ball from the full back but feinted over it to allow it to run to Lump who played him through with his first touch (the classy sodomist) and he nearly scored. One of the best little bits of play I can remember watching at BP in the last 20 years and they'd probably only met each other an hour before. What a strike partnership that was. I miss Lump.

Everyone had a connection with Lump, he was just that good. The lower league Bergkamp  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Martin Patterson

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.