Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)

This thread currently has 16,385 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
GibMariner
January 11, 2024, 10:52am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from DaleH

Neil explained last night, as you would expect, that football is simply not a priority. People are the priority.
Whilst the fixture has not yet been officially postponed, a decision will be made and announced very shortly as to whether it goes ahead on the scheduled date. Neil quite rightly reiterated, that right now, the priority is supporting Cameron and Dave's family, the staff at the academy, and of course the players.

I think you can expect an announcement on the arrangements for this fixture in due course. But whenever it does go ahead, I truly hope that the supporters pack the park for Cameron and Dave, and also to in support of Cameron's teammates who will need our love, care and support.

Ditto this
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Croxton
January 11, 2024, 11:03am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,018
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from DaleH

Neil explained last night, as you would expect, that football is simply not a priority. People are the priority.
Whilst the fixture has not yet been officially postponed, a decision will be made and announced very shortly as to whether it goes ahead on the scheduled date. Neil quite rightly reiterated, that right now, the priority is supporting Cameron and Dave's family, the staff at the academy, and of course the players.

I think you can expect an announcement on the arrangements for this fixture in due course. But whenever it does go ahead, I truly hope that the supporters pack the park for Cameron and Dave, and also to in support of Cameron's teammates who will need our love, care and support.

Thanks Dale, for expressing your feelings with a strength and sensitivity which I could not hope to match. RIP Cameron and Dave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
January 12, 2024, 9:30am
Guest User
Does anyone know of a CrowdFunder or something similar where we can donate to the family who have just lost their main wage earner?
Reply: 62 - 68
PrestwichMariner
January 12, 2024, 9:33am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
jimgtfc
January 12, 2024, 9:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,095
Gold Stars: 45
Up to £46k! Whilst money means nothing to the family at this point, it should hopefully ease some financial worries for a while. Speaks volumes of this community.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
January 12, 2024, 10:37am
Guest User
Reply: 65 - 68
Poojah
January 12, 2024, 11:05am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,611
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from jimgtfc
Up to £46k! Whilst money means nothing to the family at this point, it should hopefully ease some financial worries for a while. Speaks volumes of this community.

As you rightly point out, no amount of money can ever atone for the family’s unthinkable loss, however I do wonder whether it would be logistically viable for the club to play the Millwall cup game, when the time is right, in Cameron’s memory, with a concerted push to get fans through the gate, and all proceeds going to the family.

I appreciate that might not be so easy in practice; I imagine whacking the floodlights on for a three or four hours might cost upwards of a grand, and with increased gates comes a larger stewarding requirement, but any gesture that serves to honour the memory of this young man and his father, whilst delivering some kind of material benefit to their family (no matter how small), has to be at least a small positive at such a dark and difficult time.

Likewise, for Cameron’s young teammates to receive a substantial backing from the Town fan base, with all they are already going through themselves, would serve as a reminder that they are not alone.

I’m sure if it’s doable the club will already be looking into it.  

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 4, 2024, 11:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 118
What would be nice is for GTFC and Cleethorpes Town to produce and name a trophy after Cam and Dave, the Walsh Trophy, to be given to the winners of the annual pre-season friendly

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/cleethorpes-town-fc-host-special-9205125

I also posted much the same on Twatter and Cleethorpes Town liked and commented on it.

Im glad it has come to fruition. It gives the clubs something to play for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
Davec
April 5, 2024, 6:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/cleethorpes-town-fc-host-special-9205125

I also posted much the same on Twatter and Cleethorpes Town liked and commented on it.

Im glad it has come to fruition. It gives the clubs something to play for.

Great gestur
I assume this will be an annual thing rather than just a one off?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.