Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)

This thread currently has 16,374 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
GibMariner
January 9, 2024, 4:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Very, very sad indeed and RIP
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
Meza
January 9, 2024, 7:17pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,640
Gold Stars: 50
RIP to both Father & Son.  Such sad news.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 9, 2024, 9:41pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
What would be nice is for GTFC and Cleethorpes Town to produce and name a trophy after Cam and Dave, the Walsh Trophy, to be given to the winners of the annual pre-season friendly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
Belfast Town
January 9, 2024, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,691
Gold Stars: 19
Just looked at the responses to Town’s tweet about Cameron. Many are from other clubs, including a particularly heartfelt one from Notts County. Very moving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
RonMariner
January 9, 2024, 10:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
What would be nice is for GTFC and Cleethorpes Town to produce and name a trophy after Cam and Dave, the Walsh Trophy, to be given to the winners of the annual pre-season friendly

An excellent idea.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
jimgtfc
January 10, 2024, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
Hoping to hear a rousing rendition of “Cameron Walsh, he’s one of our one” echoing around Blundell Park on Saturday.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
DaleH
January 11, 2024, 7:06am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
There are no words to describe the loss of these two lovely people. And that’s clearly what they were, just downright lovely and good people. From the outpouring of emotions and tributes, it is clear they were so loved, cared for, and respected by so many.

Football at this moment, is of no significance or importance. Even though it’s life’s fate that football connected people to Cameron and Dave. Be that as friends, teammates, coaches, and even supporters. Supporters that may not have known them, but still feel the heartache and the pain through our mutual allegiance to a club and the love of the sport. But at moments like this, the football pales into insignificance.

Their family are uppermost in our thoughts right now. A loss of a single loved family member is bad enough, so something like this is unimaginable to those of us that haven’t been there. I truly hope that the beautiful words of support by so many of us, have provided some element of comfort to the loved ones that they leave behind.

The loss of Cameron and Dave is also felt massively by those in the club, especially those within or connected with the academy. So we must also spare a thought for coaches, support staff, teammates (both current and past), and academy parents. All of whom will have had a close connection with them both. Anyone that’s been involved in children’s grassroots or academy football, or even open age football for that matter, will know that it’s far from just pitching up to play a game. Once the football environment and being in a club gets hold of you, you essentially become a part of another family. A football family. So please also spare some caring thoughts for those that will be in that football family. I know you will.

The manner in which the club has moved to support Cameron and Dave’s own family, and their wider football family has been immense. The care for the academy staff, players, and academy player parents has been nothing short of first class. Including those that are in the academy teams below the youth team. Having witnessed this first hand alongside others, I can tell you that the manner in which the club are supporting, including professional trauma care, is special and heart warming to see, at a time when hearts are hurting.

If you are a parent of a young player, or a child that’s in any other kind of sport or hobby, then you will have undoubtedly put in a lot of journey miles sat together in a vehicle, just like Dave and Cameron have. I know I have. And it is that parallel that’s which has hit me most about this. I’ve not been able to stop thinking about the thousand of miles I’ve sat besides my children, all three of which I’ve travelled the length and breadth of the country to support enjoying their football. Just like Dave and Cameron will have done. And last night, my son and I drove home in relative silence compared to normal, and occasionally I’d glance at my boy, put my hand lovingly on his knee, and tell him I love him. If you are making similar car journeys, then spare a thought for a father and son like Cameron and Dave that would have shared (with Cam's mum too) so many car journeys for football before that journey on Saturday. And when sparing that thought for them, be sure to take a careful momentary glance at your child, and tell them that you love them, even though they’ll know that anyway.

My heartfelt love and condolences goes out to Cameron and Dave’s family, also to their wider football family, and to their friends. And finally, Cameron and Dave, you were beautiful and good people, young people, with so much to live for. It was far too soon for both of you, but I pray that you may both rest in peace.

DH 😢

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
forza ivano
January 11, 2024, 8:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Have the club made a decision as to whether the millwall game goes ahead, or do they need to postpone it, to give everyone time to get over this shocking loss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
LocalLadGTFC
January 11, 2024, 9:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,221
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano
Have the club made a decision as to whether the millwall game goes ahead, or do they need to postpone it, to give everyone time to get over this shocking loss?

The decision was given to the club who left it down to the players and they want to play for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 68
DaleH
January 11, 2024, 10:02am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from forza ivano

Neil explained last night, as you would expect, that football is simply not a priority. People are the priority.
Whilst the fixture has not yet been officially postponed, a decision will be made and announced very shortly as to whether it goes ahead on the scheduled date. Neil quite rightly reiterated, that right now, the priority is supporting Cameron and Dave's family, the staff at the academy, and of course the players.

I think you can expect an announcement on the arrangements for this fixture in due course. But whenever it does go ahead, I truly hope that the supporters pack the park for Cameron and Dave, and also to in support of Cameron's teammates who will need our love, care and support.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Cameron Walsh (Youth Team)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.