Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 2 Days off or double training sessions?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

2 Days off or double training sessions?

This thread currently has 1,480 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
January 2, 2024, 7:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,385
Gold Stars: 56
After yesterday's debacle I'm interested to see what route DA goes down? Initially I wanted them hauled in and worked hard however maybe a better way is a few days off to clear there heads then work them hard? Next up Notts and it looks on paper like a turkey shoot but football seldom goes that way and we gave them a real game at there place. The question is do you stick to your principles and take them on with a passing game or try something different to suit the players you've got? Gav back would help the midfield but that centre of defence looks a huge issue unless we can get a body in we need a huge injection of pace at the back and that might be enough? I would happily take staying up this Season and a rebuild so where do we start?
Logged Offline
Private Message
AdamHaddock
January 2, 2024, 8:03am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Double training and a flogging in the middle of Freshney Place

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
male private Nale
January 2, 2024, 8:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
An early debrief at that Oaklands then an all dayer round the country pubs with strippers at tea time in the Angel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
golfer
January 2, 2024, 8:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,432
Gold Stars: 116
Found a sheet of paper outside ground this morning  "  WALSALL  - Cartwright to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher then $ £ % *@ ? =! *  then Maher to Waterfall to Maher.  Hope this is clearly understood if not see me AFTER the match "  PS almost forgot - drink plenty of black coffee when you get up on New Years Day.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
ginnywings
January 2, 2024, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Great opportunity to bring in some better players by the time we play Notts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
toontown
January 2, 2024, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
A couple of the games against the teams who've tried to play it about a bit against us have been our better ones ( MK, Crewe) altho not Mansfield obviously. So it might suit us a bit more funnily. However I doubt playing their strong attacking threat is going to suit our hapless defence.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
chaos33
January 2, 2024, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I hate to say it, but, defending like we do, I can’t really see anything other than 3 more defeats on the cards. Not without a change of personnel. All 3 teams are in form and upwardly mobile.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
HertsGTFC
January 2, 2024, 11:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,916
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 1mickylyons
After yesterday's debacle I'm interested to see what route DA goes down? Initially I wanted them hauled in and worked hard however maybe a better way is a few days off to clear there heads then work them hard? Next up Notts and it looks on paper like a turkey shoot but football seldom goes that way and we gave them a real game at there place. The question is do you stick to your principles and take them on with a passing game or try something different to suit the players you've got? Gav back would help the midfield but that centre of defence looks a huge issue unless we can get a body in we need a huge injection of pace at the back and that might be enough? I would happily take staying up this Season and a rebuild so where do we start?

Day off today whilst the coaches look at the last few Notts County videos and work out how to stop us being completely embarrassed a week on Saturday. Then back in tomorrow drill, drill and more drill on shape, keeping the ball, moving into space for the back four and pivot to find you and tracking runners.

I'd be disappointed if I hear that we're "trying to lift the players" as they're pros and should realise that Salford apart the last 3 games have not been good enough in terms of effort, desire, application & resilience.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
grimsby pete
January 2, 2024, 3:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Unless we can stop players running at us we will still concede loads of goals.

We have to get a couple of defenders in who are pacy.

Jason said there is no one ready to sign so I expect it will be towards the end of the month before we see anybody signing.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Spurn boy
January 2, 2024, 3:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,238
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from grimsby pete
Unless we can stop players running at us we will still concede loads of goals.

We have to get a couple of defenders in who are pacy.

Jason said there is no one ready to sign so I expect it will be towards the end of the month before we see anybody signing.

If we hadn’t given the ball away so often we wouldn’t have had the Walsall players running at us.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 2 Days off or double training sessions?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.