Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 2, 2024, 7:47am
After yesterday's debacle I'm interested to see what route DA goes down? Initially I wanted them hauled in and worked hard however maybe a better way is a few days off to clear there heads then work them hard? Next up Notts and it looks on paper like a turkey shoot but football seldom goes that way and we gave them a real game at there place. The question is do you stick to your principles and take them on with a passing game or try something different to suit the players you've got? Gav back would help the midfield but that centre of defence looks a huge issue unless we can get a body in we need a huge injection of pace at the back and that might be enough? I would happily take staying up this Season and a rebuild so where do we start?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, January 2, 2024, 8:03am; Reply: 1
Double training and a flogging in the middle of Freshney Place
Posted by: male private Nale, January 2, 2024, 8:16am; Reply: 2
An early debrief at that Oaklands then an all dayer round the country pubs with strippers at tea time in the Angel.
Posted by: golfer, January 2, 2024, 8:50am; Reply: 3
Found a sheet of paper outside ground this morning  "  WALSALL  - Cartwright to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher to Waterfall to Maher then $ £ % *@ ? =! *  then Maher to Waterfall to Maher.  Hope this is clearly understood if not see me AFTER the match "  PS almost forgot - drink plenty of black coffee when you get up on New Years Day.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 2, 2024, 10:13am; Reply: 4
Great opportunity to bring in some better players by the time we play Notts.
Posted by: toontown, January 2, 2024, 11:26am; Reply: 5
A couple of the games against the teams who've tried to play it about a bit against us have been our better ones ( MK, Crewe) altho not Mansfield obviously. So it might suit us a bit more funnily. However I doubt playing their strong attacking threat is going to suit our hapless defence.
Posted by: chaos33, January 2, 2024, 11:30am; Reply: 6
I hate to say it, but, defending like we do, I can’t really see anything other than 3 more defeats on the cards. Not without a change of personnel. All 3 teams are in form and upwardly mobile.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 2, 2024, 11:38am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons
After yesterday's debacle I'm interested to see what route DA goes down? Initially I wanted them hauled in and worked hard however maybe a better way is a few days off to clear there heads then work them hard? Next up Notts and it looks on paper like a turkey shoot but football seldom goes that way and we gave them a real game at there place. The question is do you stick to your principles and take them on with a passing game or try something different to suit the players you've got? Gav back would help the midfield but that centre of defence looks a huge issue unless we can get a body in we need a huge injection of pace at the back and that might be enough? I would happily take staying up this Season and a rebuild so where do we start?

Day off today whilst the coaches look at the last few Notts County videos and work out how to stop us being completely embarrassed a week on Saturday. Then back in tomorrow drill, drill and more drill on shape, keeping the ball, moving into space for the back four and pivot to find you and tracking runners.

I'd be disappointed if I hear that we're "trying to lift the players" as they're pros and should realise that Salford apart the last 3 games have not been good enough in terms of effort, desire, application & resilience.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 2, 2024, 3:18pm; Reply: 8
Unless we can stop players running at us we will still concede loads of goals.

We have to get a couple of defenders in who are pacy.

Jason said there is no one ready to sign so I expect it will be towards the end of the month before we see anybody signing.
Posted by: Spurn boy, January 2, 2024, 3:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete
Unless we can stop players running at us we will still concede loads of goals.

We have to get a couple of defenders in who are pacy.

Jason said there is no one ready to sign so I expect it will be towards the end of the month before we see anybody signing.

If we hadn’t given the ball away so often we wouldn’t have had the Walsall players running at us.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 2, 2024, 3:55pm; Reply: 10
Carry on as normal, one result, good or bad, shouldn't change your approach to training and stick to the predetermined plan.

No need to be so reactionary and that includes the fans!
Posted by: Wedidntdidwe, January 2, 2024, 10:42pm; Reply: 11
Notts are as bad at breaking the press as we are. If we don't go high press from the off then we'll lose
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 4:34am