Mappers
December 27, 2023, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,317
Gold Stars: 117
Absolutely superb for the last 10 games

The rest deserve some stick for the last 2 games but not him .

He will play a lot higher up I have no doubt , we should enjoy him this season because even if he is a Town fan I can't see him not going back to Hull or playing higher up.

Well done young man and hold your head up high .
Logged Online
Private Message
lukeo
December 27, 2023, 8:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
He was excellent from what I could bare to watch yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
pen penfras
December 27, 2023, 9:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Hopefully he's the real deal and does well. Sometimes you get a weird effect where keepers in poor sides look good but in good sides they don't play as well. Either way, he's clearly keeping us in it right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
GibMariner
December 27, 2023, 9:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Hope he stays with us but am sure he will think about progression and likely move on as he will have been watched.

Staying with us could blot his copy book if we went down.

Might not be a season long 🤔🤔
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Kris2
December 27, 2023, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It also wasn't that long ago that he was taking flack and people were calling for him to be returned to Hull lol. He took loads of abuse on Twitter on the back of a couple of cup appearances, I guess goes to show what getting games can do for a young player learning the game and why the loan system is so important to developing players.

I'd imagine Hull would be happy for him to stay all season as long as he's getting regular games and he's made that position his own in the last few games.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
jonnyboy82
December 27, 2023, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
He reminds me of when we got Henderson off man utd he had something that would shine a few years down the line .

Cartwright will in a few years he a number 1 somewhere after he's earned his experience.  

He definitely has potential

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
LH
December 27, 2023, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
He’s done well and is a great shot stopper but he is absolutely nowhere near Henderson’s level. I don’t think it’s really possible for a keeper to have swagger but Henderson’s confidence in himself meant he was as close to it as I’ve ever seen.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
TwoLeftFeet
December 27, 2023, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,081
Gold Stars: 18
Wonder if there's a certain young centre back at Hull that could do with a few games to help us too...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Mariner_501
December 27, 2023, 2:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Family friend said he would be happy to stay, but he would have to take a pretty decent wage cut (Hull currently paying all his wages, much steeper than what we pay)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Bawmariner
December 27, 2023, 3:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
I don't see why cartwright wouldn't want to stay here. Its not as if he's had a huge amount of game time anywhere else. If he can have a good 2nd half of the season here, he could really solidify that number 1 spot. Going somewhere else risks being frozen out of a team with not much chance to get in.

I wonder if Hurst would have been still here had he played Cartwright from the start. I can think or two or three games were Eastwood directly lost us points. Had Eastwood not made those mistakes, cartwright would likely still be on the bench with not much chance of getting in the team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
HerveJosse
December 28, 2023, 12:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Bawmariner
I don't see why cartwright wouldn't want to stay here. Its not as if he's had a huge amount of game time anywhere else. If he can have a good 2nd half of the season here, he could really solidify that number 1 spot. Going somewhere else risks being frozen out of a team with not much chance to get in.

I wonder if Hurst would have been still here had he played Cartwright from the start. I can think or two or three games were Eastwood directly lost us points. Had Eastwood not made those mistakes, cartwright would likely still be on the bench with not much chance of getting in the team.

Fair point but he didn’t pick him so it’s just part of the list of things he got horribly wrong from the summer onwards
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
Chrisblor
December 28, 2023, 2:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HerveJosse

Fair point but he didn’t pick him so it’s just part of the list of things he got horribly wrong from the summer onwards

I don't think it's that fair and is quite revisionist. Cartwright was pretty poor in his EFL Trophy and League Cup appearances towards the start of the season, a period which coincided with Eastwood playing reasonably well. Eastwood kept 3 clean sheets in his first 6 league matches but then his and the rest of the team's form dropped off massively which resulted in Hurst's sacking (even if Hurst did stick Cartwright in goal against Doncaster in his last game in charge). Cartwright during his recent run in the team has inarguably done well and outperformed Eastwood during that poor run throughout September and October, but Cartwright (and the rest of the side) still haven't kept a clean sheet in any of the 9 league games he's started.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
RonMariner
December 29, 2023, 10:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,694
Gold Stars: 226
Got his first clean sheet tonight. Well done.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Bawmariner
December 29, 2023, 11:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Chrisblor

I don't think it's that fair and is quite revisionist. Cartwright was pretty poor in his EFL Trophy and League Cup appearances towards the start of the season, a period which coincided with Eastwood playing reasonably well. Eastwood kept 3 clean sheets in his first 6 league matches but then his and the rest of the team's form dropped off massively which resulted in Hurst's sacking (even if Hurst did stick Cartwright in goal against Doncaster in his last game in charge). Cartwright during his recent run in the team has inarguably done well and outperformed Eastwood during that poor run throughout September and October, but Cartwright (and the rest of the side) still haven't kept a clean sheet in any of the 9 league games he's started.

Another good performance from Cartwright. I completely accept he had a shocker against Mansfield but there were clear signs are change in goal were needed. I honestly think Eastwood was a large reason we went through such a poor run of form. I don't think it would have been anywhere near as bad if not. I don't usually jumpy on players backs but he was in shocking form for a long period of time. Looking back at the stats, they completely back up what I'm saying.

Wrexham 9 shots on target 3 goals
Crawley 3 shots on target 3 goals
Swindon 3 shots on target 2 goals
Barrow 8 shots on target 1 goal
Tranmere 3 shots 2 goals
Accrington 2 shots on target 2 goals
Stockport 6 shots on target 3 goals
Colchester 4 shots on target 3 goals

Obviously its not all Eastwoods fault, but a remember a few being at least partially his fault. It just goes to show that we really should have picked up more points against Crawley, Swindon, Tranmere, Accrington, Stockport, and Colchester and probably would have with a better keeper.

Just checked I missed the Bradford game off were he conceded 1 goal from 1 shot on target (I don't remember that being his fault though). Even for his 3 cleansheets he only faced 8 shots on target.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Dogger Bank
December 29, 2023, 11:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +161
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Mariner_501
Family friend said he would be happy to stay, but he would have to take a pretty decent wage cut (Hull currently paying all his wages, much steeper than what we pay)

I can't see him being on massive wages at Hull. He's not established and down the pecking order as far as their keepers are concerned. He would get more of a chance at Town to establish himself and become our permanent number one. It will do him good and us if he does well and progresses. I don't think his wages would be out of our grasp if we really wanted him to sign and stay with us, and I hope he does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Captaincod
December 30, 2023, 12:09am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +247
Gold Stars: 15
He’s going to make a few mistakes because of his age and inexperience but in my opinion has a lot of potential.
As regards him signing permanently, he was a born and bred here. A good friend of mine knows his dad very well and although I’ve never met either of them , they are apparently both big town fans so I certainly think it’s a possibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
acko338
December 30, 2023, 8:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
Making good progress and looked even better with Waterfall talking and steering the back line further forward than the 6 yard line last night.

It gives Cartwright time to see through balls, and make moves to grab, save shots or smother threats.

Looking confident and also making some good reflex saves.

As long as Eisa doesn't send more wild back passes in his direction from just above the halfway line ???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
LocalLadGTFC
December 30, 2023, 12:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,211
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Captaincod
He’s going to make a few mistakes because of his age and inexperience but in my opinion has a lot of potential.
As regards him signing permanently, he was a born and bred here. A good friend of mine knows his dad very well and although I’ve never met either of them , they are apparently both big town fans so I certainly think it’s a possibility.

Harvey had a season ticket for years, huge Town fan. Think if it's going to happen, it'll be something that he pushes through himself but would probably command a fee as he's under contract until 2026.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 18
Heisenberg
December 30, 2023, 2:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Bawmariner

Another good performance from Cartwright. I completely accept he had a shocker against Mansfield but there were clear signs are change in goal were needed. I honestly think Eastwood was a large reason we went through such a poor run of form. I don't think it would have been anywhere near as bad if not. I don't usually jumpy on players backs but he was in shocking form for a long period of time. Looking back at the stats, they completely back up what I'm saying.

Wrexham 9 shots on target 3 goals
Crawley 3 shots on target 3 goals
Swindon 3 shots on target 2 goals
Barrow 8 shots on target 1 goal
Tranmere 3 shots 2 goals
Accrington 2 shots on target 2 goals
Stockport 6 shots on target 3 goals
Colchester 4 shots on target 3 goals

Obviously its not all Eastwoods fault, but a remember a few being at least partially his fault. It just goes to show that we really should have picked up more points against Crawley, Swindon, Tranmere, Accrington, Stockport, and Colchester and probably would have with a better keeper.

Just checked I missed the Bradford game off were he conceded 1 goal from 1 shot on target (I don't remember that being his fault though). Even for his 3 cleansheets he only faced 8 shots on target.

Those results against Crawley, Accrington and Colchester are still haunting me - definitely made me think that relegation was more likely than not. Awful stuff.

Thank god DA is slowly turning things round for us.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harvey Cartwright

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.