Mappers
December 27, 2023, 8:32am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Absolutely superb for the last 10 games

The rest deserve some stick for the last 2 games but not him .

He will play a lot higher up I have no doubt , we should enjoy him this season because even if he is a Town fan I can't see him not going back to Hull or playing higher up.

Well done young man and hold your head up high .
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
December 27, 2023, 8:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
He was excellent from what I could bare to watch yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
pen penfras
December 27, 2023, 9:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Hopefully he's the real deal and does well. Sometimes you get a weird effect where keepers in poor sides look good but in good sides they don't play as well. Either way, he's clearly keeping us in it right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
GibMariner
December 27, 2023, 9:53am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Hope he stays with us but am sure he will think about progression and likely move on as he will have been watched.

Staying with us could blot his copy book if we went down.

Might not be a season long 🤔🤔
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Kris2
December 27, 2023, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It also wasn't that long ago that he was taking flack and people were calling for him to be returned to Hull lol. He took loads of abuse on Twitter on the back of a couple of cup appearances, I guess goes to show what getting games can do for a young player learning the game and why the loan system is so important to developing players.

I'd imagine Hull would be happy for him to stay all season as long as he's getting regular games and he's made that position his own in the last few games.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
jonnyboy82
December 27, 2023, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
He reminds me of when we got Henderson off man utd he had something that would shine a few years down the line .

Cartwright will in a few years he a number 1 somewhere after he's earned his experience.  

He definitely has potential

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
LH
December 27, 2023, 12:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
He’s done well and is a great shot stopper but he is absolutely nowhere near Henderson’s level. I don’t think it’s really possible for a keeper to have swagger but Henderson’s confidence in himself meant he was as close to it as I’ve ever seen.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
TwoLeftFeet
December 27, 2023, 1:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,082
Gold Stars: 18
Wonder if there's a certain young centre back at Hull that could do with a few games to help us too...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
Mariner_501
December 27, 2023, 2:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Family friend said he would be happy to stay, but he would have to take a pretty decent wage cut (Hull currently paying all his wages, much steeper than what we pay)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Bawmariner
December 27, 2023, 3:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
I don't see why cartwright wouldn't want to stay here. Its not as if he's had a huge amount of game time anywhere else. If he can have a good 2nd half of the season here, he could really solidify that number 1 spot. Going somewhere else risks being frozen out of a team with not much chance to get in.

I wonder if Hurst would have been still here had he played Cartwright from the start. I can think or two or three games were Eastwood directly lost us points. Had Eastwood not made those mistakes, cartwright would likely still be on the bench with not much chance of getting in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harvey Cartwright

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.