This thread currently has 15,408 views. Print
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Venny
December 26, 2023, 4:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +7
Gold Stars: 1
Is anyone else getting concerned with Artell’s interviews?

Last week he declared that we are “definitely not” getting relegated this season (a naive, at best, statement which reminds me of one of Keith Hill’s lines at Scunthorpe) and after Mansfield today he believes we were by far the better team in the first half? I’m not sure which game he was watching as Mansfield looked like a team way higher up the football pyramid than us all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2023, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Venny
Is anyone else getting concerned with Artell’s interviews?

Last week he declared that we are “definitely not” getting relegated this season (a naive, at best, statement which reminds me of one of Keith Hill’s lines at Scunthorpe) and after Mansfield today he believes we were by far the better team in the first half? I’m not sure which game he was watching as Mansfield looked like a team way higher up the football pyramid than us all game.

Whatever he says will be scrutinised but I don’t it’s unreasonable to say that we could have scored more than once in the first half but were crap in the second half. Think that was a fair enough assessment.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 138
Guest User
Just listened and for the first time I'm questioning his perception.

To say we could have been 4 up in the 1st half is pushing the bounds of credibility.
We were awful and I see little difference between the halves.
Reply: 2 - 138
Guest User

To say we could have been 4 up in the 1st half is pushing the bounds of credibility.
Reply: 3 - 138
Guest User

Reply: 4 - 138
Chrisblor
December 26, 2023, 4:58pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 235
He's correct in so far as we had a shitload of opportunities in the first half, mostly ruined by Clifton being indecisive, and also managed to hit both the bar and post and forced their keeper into 3 or 4 very good saves. Both the goals we conceded were self-inflicted - the first came from Rodgers stupidly hanging a lazy leg out to deflect the ball past Cartwright who would have otherwise saved comfortably, and then the second came from a combination of Efete, Conteh and Gnahoua all deciding they couldn't be arsed to close down their midfielder and he punished us with a very good low strike into the corner.

Artell additionally said today that the second half was unacceptable, which is correct. I also have no issue with him saying we're definitely not getting relegated after a poor performance (which came after a string of improved performances) to try and instill confidence in a squad he's inherited which is clearly lacking it. Coming out and slating the players in the media isn't going to lead to improved result and performances, but in today's post match interview he inferred that his feedback behind closed doors to the players had been a lot stronger than what he'd said publicly (which is again the correct thing to do).

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 138
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
December 26, 2023, 5:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
He sounds like somebody you meet in a smoking area outside a pub

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 138
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 26, 2023, 5:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
I have to be honest I am getting a little concerned.

His post match interviews seem overly optimistic, given the level of performance in the last 2 games.

The corner debacle just a few days ago and it not being changed mid game

Lack of tatical changes when things go wrong. Any sort of changes really.....

We seem to get worked out very quickly

No plan b

Complete collapse in the 2nd half or at the very least a much poorer 2nd half compared with the 1st half.

Manager bounce didn't last very long.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 138
moosey_club
December 26, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
I have to be honest I am getting a little concerned.

His post match interviews seem overly optimistic, given the level of performance in the last 2 games.

The corner debacle just a few days ago and it not being changed mid game

Lack of tatical changes when things go wrong. Any sort of changes really.....

We seem to get worked out very quickly

No plan b

Complete collapse in the 2nd half or at the very least a much poorer 2nd half compared with the 1st half.

Manager bounce didn't last very long.

He has a crap squad to work with....that isnt his fault.
Certain individuals today, for instance,  wasted 3-4 excellent opportunities that could have , arguably should have, resulted in goal attempts....instead all went begging largely due to the inability of one player
to be able to run with a football.

He also has an extremely limited pool of pace and strikers so difficult to introduce "game changers" currently.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 138
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 26, 2023, 5:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
I agree and I don't blame Artell. This mess is all on PH. I just hope he is as good as many think.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 138
14 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell’s interviews

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.