3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
December 23, 2023, 5:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,223
Gold Stars: 265
I’m getting fed up with owners trying to influence the style of play at a football club . I’m guessing PH was told what to do and obviously that was never going to work was it ? What do owners know about football? About the same as me and you !!!! . Let the manager take care of football
Private Message
MarinerDevil
December 23, 2023, 5:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,783
Gold Stars: 80
You do realise they hired the current manager partly because he favours this style of play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Bigdog
December 23, 2023, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Shite thread started and filled by grown men who can't take a poor performance and defeat on the chin.. smh..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
mimma
December 23, 2023, 5:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Load of crap!

The owners do not try to influence the way the managers play. They employ the manager to manage the team and let him get on with it. That's why they are successful business people, employ experts in their field and let them get on with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
buckstown
December 23, 2023, 5:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
I think you should check a couple of the other threads on here from last week. Apparently we're in with a chance of the play offs so the plan is spot on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
IlkleyMariner
December 23, 2023, 5:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 69
Wasn’t there, thankfully

Usual over reaction after a loss following 6 undefeated

It’s worrying but FGR and Sutton look like the lost causes
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
December 23, 2023, 5:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from It Bites
I’m getting fed up with owners trying to influence the style of play at a football club . I’m guessing PH was told what to do and obviously that was never going to work was it ? What do owners know about football? About the same as me and you !!!! . Let the manager take care of football

What on earth are you on about?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Mappers
December 23, 2023, 5:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
They are doing what a lot of clubs have done for years (just not us living in the dark ages) recruit a manager that fits the model they want rather than picking a manager who has a different style over and over again hence changing all the players everytime a manager leaves - hopefully it's the start of more continuity , a clear game model and better pathway into the first team for young players .

Time will tell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Gilbertswand
December 23, 2023, 7:12pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from It Bites

Why?...everyone would be up in arms if we recruited a manager like John Beck who is known for just launching it long.....if i was the owner i would be doing exactly the same and recruiting someone who wants to win playing decent positive football...Our owners have been brilliant in providing Hurst and now Artell with all the tools to do the job....after that its down to the manager/head coach and they do not interfere
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
ginnywings
December 23, 2023, 7:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
If they have stuck their hands in their pockets and shelled out millions for the privilege, then they have every right to decide what direction they want the club to go in, and recruit a suitable manager for that purpose.

It was hardly sparkling entertainment under the previous boss was it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Owners

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.