Mikey_345
December 23, 2023, 8:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from It Bites
I’m getting fed up with owners trying to influence the style of play at a football club . I’m guessing PH was told what to do and obviously that was never going to work was it ? What do owners know about football? About the same as me and you !!!! . Let the manager take care of football

What a wally..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
chaos33
December 23, 2023, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
If they have stuck their hands in their pockets and shelled out millions for the privilege, then they have every right to decide what direction they want the club to go in, and recruit a suitable manager for that purpose.

It was hardly sparkling entertainment under the previous boss was it?

I’m not sure I give 2 f***s who decides to play what way. What I would like, is that somebody can teach our handsomely paid, very well backed professional footballers how to take a corner with a f***ing basic level of competence. Just 1 in every 7 or 8 would be a huge upgrade.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
jamesgtfc
December 23, 2023, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
I think what the board are asking for is a pretty broad style of play centred around pressing from the front and looking to take the game to the opposition. I do think Hurst was tasked with being less pragmatic this season and we recruited to that brief, but he quickly reverted to type, which was ultimately his downfall.

In Artell, they have recruited a manager that has successfully got promoted from this division playing attractive football. Anyone can talk about doing it but he's done it. Having a clear identity and general style of play increases the chance of young players coming through because all of our teams can play to that style of play.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Theimperialcoroner
December 23, 2023, 8:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,211
Gold Stars: 102
With regards to the OP. A truly urine poor attempt at a wind up.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Limerick Mariner
December 23, 2023, 8:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I think what the board are asking for is a pretty broad style of play centred around pressing from the front and looking to take the game to the opposition. I do think Hurst was tasked with being less pragmatic this season and we recruited to that brief, but he quickly reverted to type, which was ultimately his downfall.

In Artell, they have recruited a manager that has successfully got promoted from this division playing attractive football. Anyone can talk about doing it but he's done it. Having a clear identity and general style of play increases the chance of young players coming through because all of our teams can play to that style of play.

And any opposition can do their research, which Harrogate applied very competently today. DA made the changes in midfield relatively early, but no manager can plan for the utter non-defending for the second goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
Balthazar Bullitt
December 23, 2023, 8:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
I'm not sure what's more embarrassing.
People leaving after 70 minutes of a game or people booing when we give the ball away or this post. Some fickle, fragile egos involved in all of the above.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
It Bites
December 23, 2023, 8:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,167
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
With regards to the OP. A truly urine poor attempt at a wind up.

You know me too well 🥰
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Swansea_Mariner
December 23, 2023, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,444
Gold Stars: 63
Artell looks like nobodies fool, can't imagine he's the type of bloke who would let owners interfear with tactics or selections.

Junk thread.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Mappers
December 23, 2023, 10:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from chaos33

I’m not sure I give 2 f***s who decides to play what way. What I would like, is that somebody can teach our handsomely paid, very well backed professional footballers how to take a corner with a f***ing basic level of competence. Just 1 in every 7 or 8 would be a huge upgrade.

I think the handsomly paid for many players at league 2 level is open to interpretation .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › The Owners

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.