Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Which GTFC players have you bumped into?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Which GTFC players have you bumped into?

This thread currently has 5,460 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Spidey
December 26, 2023, 1:19am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +382
Gold Stars: 4
James McKeown at The Company shop.
Ben Davies at The Jet garage A180 a couple of Sundays ago.
Danny North at Tesco Grimsby at midnight queueing for the release of FIFA.
Tony Gallimore sprinting towards Freshney Place when the Town players were doing a JP Trophy/Promotion season book signing.
Andy Love (great bloke) security guard at Boyes.
Graham Rodger at Boyes when I served him with some curtain rail!
Never met t him, but my dad taught Trevor Whymark's wife to drive, think he was living on Wybers at the time.
Alan Buckley at The Grimsby Hall.
I see Stuart Watkiss running through Great Coates.
Justin Whittle held the door open for my missus at the gym at Cleethorpes Leisure Centre.
Paul Wilkinson at Meadowhall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 76
Nelly GTFC
December 26, 2023, 4:53am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,751
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from winghams
Jimmy Bloomer when he took the old NDLB club in Corporation Road and called it the Tartan Club and booked us as a  local band in there.

My dad used to go in there, I'm sure there's a picture somewhere in a photo album. He also used to work with him building bungalows in Cleethorpes/Humberston in the 60s/70s.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 76
denni266
December 26, 2023, 8:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Used to work with Brian Bloomer and his dad , God he could tell some stories . And Jimmy who was a director at the time.  Played along side Ray Lancaster for Burtons on a thursday . Joe Waters and Mally Partridge used to take us training when i was at HCCA . Joe nearly took my hands off with a shot that i got in the way of . And as a young lad living right behind the ground  playing kick about wit Sir Matt  jimmy Pennington Brian Hill Graham Taylor  Rod Green. and more ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 76
Meza
December 26, 2023, 8:24am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Meza
Tony Ford in Capri pizza got his signature on a napkin lol

Kingsley Black in nunny maternity hospital  

Oh and played darts with George McClean in the White Knight one boxing day when out with my family,

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 76
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 26, 2023, 8:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Mappers

Grew up in HLC George was a regular in the Oak this is a few years ago though - not sure if he's still there , John Cockerill lived in the village to as did Arthur Mann - was a lovely guy - I can't say i really bumped into them though as it was my folks taking me on their walks around the village and talking to them .

What about Nigel Bach, is he ever seen  around HLC ? Used to drink in the oak in the 90s.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 76
RonMariner
December 26, 2023, 8:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
I have bumped into a few over the years but I never bump into members of this squad because they back away all the time...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 76
hheh2
December 26, 2023, 8:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Josh Gowling at the A&E

Poojah's fishy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Which GTFC players have you bumped into?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.