Private Message
RonMariner
December 19, 2023, 1:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,728
Gold Stars: 226
A points deduction was suspended earlier in the year on the basis that the owner deposited certain funds to ensure future wage payments were made on time. It seems he may not have complied with the ruling.

The amount suspended was three points and so it's not going to plunge them into the relegation mix though would obviously push them further off the play off places.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
biggleswademariner
December 19, 2023, 3:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +11
Are these not new alleged breaches which may involve further penalties as well as the invoking of the suspended penalty from earlier in the year? Might be more problematic than first appears
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
RichMariner
December 19, 2023, 3:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
What's happening to Swindon? Weren't they charged with something by the EFL earlier this season?

So many clubs struggling to live within their means.

I truly believe that if we're able to live within our means, we'll move up the table based purely on the fact that others can't.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
chaos33
December 19, 2023, 3:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from RichMariner
What's happening to Swindon? Weren't they charged with something by the EFL earlier this season?

I truly believe that if we're able to live within our means, we'll move up the table based purely on the fact that others can't.

I’d like to think that too, but if ‘not living within their means’, results in them employing the best players, then this interferes with the theory of natural justice. That’s probably why it’s key that the authorities administer punitive sanctions when clubs try to wangle it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
LocalLadGTFC
December 19, 2023, 3:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from RichMariner

They were charged alongside Chelsea with some dodgy dealings involving Roman. Not sure when that comes to fruition but there fans are expecting serious charges.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Morecambe face EFL charges

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.