Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Croxton, December 18, 2023, 10:02pm
Possible points deduction?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/december/18/efl-statement--morecambe-football-club/
Posted by: RonMariner, December 19, 2023, 1:17pm; Reply: 1
A points deduction was suspended earlier in the year on the basis that the owner deposited certain funds to ensure future wage payments were made on time. It seems he may not have complied with the ruling.

The amount suspended was three points and so it's not going to plunge them into the relegation mix though would obviously push them further off the play off places.  

Posted by: biggleswademariner, December 19, 2023, 3:00pm; Reply: 2
Are these not new alleged breaches which may involve further penalties as well as the invoking of the suspended penalty from earlier in the year? Might be more problematic than first appears
Posted by: RichMariner, December 19, 2023, 3:20pm; Reply: 3
What's happening to Swindon? Weren't they charged with something by the EFL earlier this season?

So many clubs struggling to live within their means.

I truly believe that if we're able to live within our means, we'll move up the table based purely on the fact that others can't.
Posted by: chaos33, December 19, 2023, 3:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RichMariner
What's happening to Swindon? Weren't they charged with something by the EFL earlier this season?

I truly believe that if we're able to live within our means, we'll move up the table based purely on the fact that others can't.

I’d like to think that too, but if ‘not living within their means’, results in them employing the best players, then this interferes with the theory of natural justice. That’s probably why it’s key that the authorities administer punitive sanctions when clubs try to wangle it.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 19, 2023, 3:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from RichMariner

They were charged alongside Chelsea with some dodgy dealings involving Roman. Not sure when that comes to fruition but there fans are expecting serious charges.
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 5:51pm