Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is it me or has the club shop got expensive
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Is it me or has the club shop got expensive

This thread currently has 3,069 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Ruston AT
December 16, 2023, 11:12am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

I went into the club shop this week to buy a shirt, the shirt was the price I expected. When I looked at the other fare on sale I was gobsmacked, a bar of chocolate 4.99 , a small wooden chopping board 19.99.
This is not what the GTFC shop is about, there was nothing that I thought that could be a stocking filler.

Does anyone else think that the buyer for the shop has got it wrong? What's changed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
December 16, 2023, 11:16am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
Have you been in any other shops lately?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
HertsGTFC
December 16, 2023, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,946
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ruston AT

I went into the club shop this week to buy a shirt, the shirt was the price I expected. When I looked at the other fare on sale I was gobsmacked, a bar of chocolate 4.99 , a small wooden chopping board 19.99.
This is not what the GTFC shop is about, there was nothing that I thought that could be a stocking filler.

Does anyone else think that the buyer for the shop has got it wrong? What's changed?

The price of everything has gone up, the club shop isn’t exempt from this cost prices will be higher than before, I’d be suprised of margins aren’t similar though.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
Poojah
December 16, 2023, 11:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,567
Gold Stars: 1,500
Ironically, the person most responsible for those high prices has seemingly had no problem sourcing GTFC merchandise.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
Neilo83
December 16, 2023, 12:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Literally everything has got expensive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Heisenberg
December 16, 2023, 1:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Neilo83
Literally everything has got expensive.

Anyone who thinks this is down to Brexit should visit mainland Europe at some point - it’s always been more expensive there, and still is.

Liz Truss didn’t help matters, though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
gtfc98
December 16, 2023, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Ruston AT

Have you ever heard of inflation?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
gtfc98
December 16, 2023, 2:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Heisenberg

Anyone who thinks this is down to Brexit should visit mainland Europe at some point - it’s always been more expensive there, and still is.

Liz Truss didn’t help matters, though.

It seems expensive because the pound is so weak compared to every other significant currency. Nothing to do with Brexit of course.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
bartgtfc
December 16, 2023, 2:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +191
Gold Stars: 3
Went in myself a few weeks ago and was surprised at some of the prices, especially the chopping board!!
I laser engrave gifts myself in Grimsby & mentioned it to the staff who mentioned they buy the goods online. So passed on my business card but not heard anything back.
I am currently selling GTFC Oak coasters from Ideally Different in Oole Street, Cleethorpes. £1.00 from each sale goes to the Disabled Supporters Club.
Sold around 60 at the moment & just at this minute making some more to go in the shop (only about 30 left).

Pride. Passion. Fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
promotion plaice
December 16, 2023, 3:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,068
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from bartgtfc
Went in myself a few weeks ago and was surprised at some of the prices, especially the chopping board!!
I laser engrave gifts myself in Grimsby & mentioned it to the staff who mentioned they buy the goods online. So passed on my business card but not heard anything back.
I am currently selling GTFC Oak coasters from Ideally Different in Oole Street, Cleethorpes. £1.00 from each sale goes to the Disabled Supporters Club.
Sold around 60 at the moment & just at this minute making some more to go in the shop (only about 30 left).

Oole Road  , only know because I used to work at "General Motor Repairs" down there.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Is it me or has the club shop got expensive

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.