Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › All Town Aren't We - World Premiere 5th Jan
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

All Town Aren't We - World Premiere 5th Jan

This thread currently has 16,988 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishbone1966
January 10, 2024, 6:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +22
Gold Stars: 1
I saw this today and just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am grateful that Jack has the skills, ambition and passion to pull this together in such an engaging way and captures such an historical moment, or narrative. Despite knowing the outcome, the dramatic manner in which the team pulled off the seemingly unbelievable on each occasion, is brought into sharper view on the big screen, perhaps because of the way the drama of the whole experience is captured, and/or because the memories also fade a little. Either way, it was fantastic to experience it once again. I actually went with a supporter of another team, who also really enjoyed it! I seldom post on here but just needed to say well done and thank you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 110
Poojah
January 10, 2024, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,756
Gold Stars: 1,509
Any news as to when and where this will be available to stream?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 110
Heisenberg
January 10, 2024, 7:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Fishbone1966
I saw this today and just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am grateful that Jack has the skills, ambition and passion to pull this together in such an engaging way and captures such an historical moment, or narrative. Despite knowing the outcome, the dramatic manner in which the team pulled off the seemingly unbelievable on each occasion, is brought into sharper view on the big screen, perhaps because of the way the drama of the whole experience is captured, and/or because the memories also fade a little. Either way, it was fantastic to experience it once again. I actually went with a supporter of another team, who also really enjoyed it! I seldom post on here but just needed to say well done and thank you!

I also went today (the awesomely titled ‘School Run Friendly’ showing! Loved it. I guessed the ending, though, but still fun nonetheless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 110
gobby
January 11, 2024, 5:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Most enjoyable, brought a tear or two. Thank you.

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 110
A Brace Of Tees
January 12, 2024, 10:59am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Excellent film of that miraculous play-off campaign.

What struck me most was the phenomenal team spirit in place during that time - something which was sadly absent a couple of weeks ago when the team crumbled and capitulated to a 6-1 home defeat.

It may well be that we have technically better players now, but what seems to be lacking is the heart and spirit of those boys of the 2021-22 season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 110
Poojah
January 17, 2024, 2:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Poojah
Any news as to when and where this will be available to stream?

Anyone heard anything on this? Appreciate the club’s social media channels have had more pressing news to break in the last couple of weeks, but really keen to watch the documentary.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 110
HerveJosse
January 17, 2024, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

Anyone heard anything on this? Appreciate the club’s social media channels have had more pressing news to break in the last couple of weeks, but really keen to watch the documentary.

Will need to find someone prepared to take it which is not a given. Read an article about this recently, apparently around new 1200 films are offered  to streamers every year and many don’t make it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 110
Poojah
January 17, 2024, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Will need to find someone prepared to take it which is not a given. Read an article about this recently, apparently around new 1200 films are offered  to streamers every year and many don’t make it

The piece on the club website the night before the premiere states:

Quoted Text
The documentary will also soon be available for exile supporters – more information about this will be announced next week.

https://gtfc.co.uk/all-town-arent-we-world-premiere-information/

This reads like they’ve got a platform lined up. I can only assume that more serious events have got in the way of a follow-up announcement, or they’ve decided to wait until this weekend’s final screenings are out of the way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 110
HertsGTFC
January 17, 2024, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from A Brace Of Tees
Excellent film of that miraculous play-off campaign.

What struck me most was the phenomenal team spirit in place during that time - something which was sadly absent a couple of weeks ago when the team crumbled and capitulated to a 6-1 home defeat.

It may well be that we have technically better players now, but what seems to be lacking is the heart and spirit of those boys of the 2021-22 season.

That squad just seemed to have more characters who had more character.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 110
Spidey
January 17, 2024, 10:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
A guy spoke to me after the film saying that it's going on Amazon, not sure how he knows though, or if indeed if it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › All Town Aren't We - World Premiere 5th Jan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.