DB
December 10, 2023, 3:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,020
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from rancido

I don't think JS/AP have no desire for a new ground. They just don't think it's a priority at this moment in time. Their priority is getting the whole structure of the club as a business right. They obviously realise that the ground is becoming a money pit but they must also believe that is controllable. Once we achieve some success on the pitch and they are happy with the clubs business structure, especially if that success involves a promotion then I think they will look into a new ground more deeply.

The other point is that a thin layer of veneer covered the state of the club. Not only was the team a mess when JS & AP took over but the whole infrastructure of the club from the way it operated to the actual stadium structure as well. We are certainly a job in progress, going in the right direction.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
rancido
December 10, 2023, 3:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Simon
Said it before but in my opinion any new ground should be part of the proposed Freshney Valley development when it happens, train access at Great Coates, easy access to A180 perfect location

There is no way Great Coates station will ever be used for any trains except for the Barton train. It would need upgrading for any others services and I can't imagine TPE or any other train company changing their timetables to accommodate one provincial station for approx 23 occasions a year..Cross country trains aren't like buses where you stop on request.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
rancido
December 10, 2023, 4:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

There is no way Great Coates station will ever be used for any trains except for the Barton train. It would need upgrading for any others services and I can't imagine TPE or any other train company changing their timetables to accommodate one provincial station for approx 23 occasions a year..Cross country trains aren't like buses where you stop on request.

You can red X as much as you like but I will guarantee that even if town have a new ground at Great Coates , no extra trains, apart from the Barton train will stop at Great Coates.

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
GhostDan
December 10, 2023, 5:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from acko338
Just thinking.....that with Novartis closing, previous ground location objections on grounds of emergency evacuations or chemical processes must be obselete now.

If not, then why not use the football pitch and surrounding ground area for a training complex already there that, hopefully, would be considered easier motorway access for the out of town players, and plenty of parking available.

Clubhouse and sports storage already there ready for an upgrade?

Any thoughts ?

I’m led to believe one of the other football clubs in Town is on with this already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
moosey_club
December 10, 2023, 6:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RonMariner

I still think a ground on the docks would be truly iconic and hopefully might be part funded as part of a wider regeneration of the area.

Wholeheartedly agree it could be iconic , would be a fitting location but cant see that happening , ABP are too greedy.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
rancido
December 10, 2023, 7:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Wholeheartedly agree it could be iconic , would be a fitting location but cant see that happening , ABP are too greedy.

Nothing to do with greed - they own the land and will want it being used for something that benefits them in the long term. It's called " sound business sense".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
mimma
December 10, 2023, 8:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I worked at Novartis for 43 years, and was a safety rep there. There was never a safety problem to stop the Great Coates developement. It was blown out of all proportion by the NIMBYs like every other thing they could think of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.