3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
UTMariners
December 9, 2023, 7:40pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +424
Gold Stars: 6
Been in for a bit of criticism lately, so think its only right he gets some recognition for today. Contrast our form with Colu who recently appointed a new manager and have lost 5 on the bounce and are now bottom of the form table, and I think we can appreciate Jason and Andrew taking time to get their man. I was genuinely worried after Hurst went and if I had been JS and AP would have felt pressured to get someone in really quickly, so massive respect they held their nerve and made sure they did things properly. I realise it’s early days but the transformation in style and results warrants some positivity about Artell’s appointment ! I think we are in good hands all round. UTM

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Yoda
December 9, 2023, 9:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I think we are going to need a bigger stadium
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
BenBB
December 9, 2023, 9:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from UTMariners
Been in for a bit of criticism lately, so think its only right he gets some recognition for today. Contrast our form with Colu who recently appointed a new manager and have lost 5 on the bounce and are now bottom of the form table, and I think we can appreciate Jason and Andrew taking time to get their man. I was genuinely worried after Hurst went and if I had been JS and AP would have felt pressured to get someone in really quickly, so massive respect they held their nerve and made sure they did things properly. I realise it’s early days but the transformation in style and results warrants some positivity about Artell’s appointment ! I think we are in good hands all round. UTM

Don't forget that Artell was very picky of who he joined, passing down quite a few decent jobs before finally settling for Grimsby - all due to Jason, Andrew, Debbie and probably others.

One of the big things he mentioned for his choice is a lot of clubs believe the manager is the single solution rather than the bigger picture of infrastructure, mindset and having a plan etc which 1878 are clearly focused on.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 26
jamesgtfc
December 9, 2023, 9:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from BenBB

Don't forget that Artell was very picky of who he joined, passing down quite a few decent jobs for finally settling for Grimsby - all due to Jason, Andrew, Debbie and probably others.

One of the big things he mentioned for his choice is a lot of clubs believe the manager is the single solution rather than the bigger picture of infrastructure, mindset and having a plan etc which 1878 are clearly focused on.

Listening to Artell, it's quite clear why the board liked him. I don't think I've ever heard a town manager use the word "stakeholders" in an interview before. He's switched on commercially, strategically and operationally. I'm a little bit worried about Debbi
leaving unsettling him after the "and a Debbie in particular" comment, but I think the board will bring in a capable CEO that aligns with them all.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
BenBB
December 9, 2023, 9:57pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Listening to Artell, it's quite clear why the board liked him. I don't think I've ever heard a town manager use the word "stakeholders" in an interview before. He's switched on commercially, strategically and operationally. I'm a little bit worried about Debbi
leaving unsettling him after the "and a Debbie in particular" comment, but I think the board will bring in a capable CEO that aligns with them all.

Leaving higher managerial roles you're likely to need to have a longer notice period for handover (month or longer, maybe 3 months even), so I'm pretty sure that would've been disclosed during the interview stages or that would've been rather dishonest.

He's probably referring to the work that Debbie has done at the club during her tenure and has the confidence in JS/AP to continue it with a compatible replacement CEO.

Regarding his vocabulary, he's got an undergraduate degree in forensic biology and a postgraduate degree in biomedical science so he's an intelligent, educated fella.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 26
Limerick Mariner
December 9, 2023, 10:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from BenBB

Leaving higher managerial roles you're likely to need to have a longer notice period for handover (month or longer, maybe 3 months even), so I'm pretty sure that would've been disclosed during the interview stages or that would've been rather dishonest.

He's probably referring to the work that Debbie has done at the club during her tenure and has the confidence in JS/AP to continue it with a compatible replacement CEO.

Regarding his vocabulary, he's got an undergraduate degree in forensic biology and a postgraduate degree in biomedical science so he's an intelligent, educated fella.

Always useful that for identifying bullshite...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
HertsGTFC
December 9, 2023, 11:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
Professional people tend to recruit professional people.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
louth_in_the_south
December 9, 2023, 11:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,681
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Yoda
I think we are going to need a bigger stadium

Maybe it’s time the local council got their heads out their bottoms and realised the significance of its local football club as a place in the country.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
moosey_club
December 10, 2023, 1:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Maybe it’s time the local council got their heads out their bottoms and realised the significance of its local football club as a place in the country.

In what way?
The council aren't going to build a ground, they have stated they are behind the club in their efforts to relocate, they identified land that they would pass over relatively cheap at Peakes Parkway for a site....the new owners have stated they aren't looking to relocate.....
Why is this the councils fault ?
JF never had the finances to make it happen despite his desire...JS/AP don't have the desire.

It is not the councils fault.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
rancido
December 10, 2023, 8:24am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from moosey_club

In what way?
The council aren't going to build a ground, they have stated they are behind the club in their efforts to relocate, they identified land that they would pass over relatively cheap at Peakes Parkway for a site....the new owners have stated they aren't looking to relocate.....
Why is this the councils fault ?
JF never had the finances to make it happen despite his desire...JS/AP don't have the desire.

It is not the councils fault.

I don't think JS/AP have no desire for a new ground. They just don't think it's a priority at this moment in time. Their priority is getting the whole structure of the club as a business right. They obviously realise that the ground is becoming a money pit but they must also believe that is controllable. Once we achieve some success on the pitch and they are happy with the clubs business structure, especially if that success involves a promotion then I think they will look into a new ground more deeply.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.