12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
December 9, 2023, 5:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Same players but a whole different ethos, performance and approach. I'm convinced we have a good squad and I'm sure DA can get a lot more out of them. It seems like PH could pick a player but didn't know how to get the best out of them - DA does. Onwards and upwards TMM !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 110
RonMariner
December 9, 2023, 5:34pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,721
Gold Stars: 226
Yes, and to win without Pyke and Wilson in the squad is even more amazing.  With those two and Khori and Vernam fit we would certainly have plenty of options for a very strong bench and DA seems the kind of manager who would know how to use them properly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 110
louth_in_the_south
December 9, 2023, 5:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
PH just ran out of steam . It happens in football. Players stopped responding to what he was saying and we became easy to beat . The new man has reinvigorated a decent bunch of players. PH will probably do the same wherever he ends up next .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 110
Yoda
December 9, 2023, 6:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,150
Gold Stars: 71
Great performance we look a different team from 6 weeks ago.
Really entertaining game against a decent Crewe team who are right up there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 110
StacyColdicotts_hairline
December 9, 2023, 7:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Approval: +203
Gold Stars: 1
Wonderful result, which wouldn't have been possible just a handful of weeks ago.

Particularly enjoyed the football played in the 1st half and the hardwork and effort on display in the 2nd.

Very poor home attendance though. I had predicted 6500 or more today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 110
Limerick Mariner
December 9, 2023, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Wonderful result, which wouldn't have been possible just a handful of weeks ago.

Particularly enjoyed the football played in the 1st half and the hardwork and effort on display in the 2nd.

Very poor home attendance though. I had predicted 6500 or more today.

A couple of ways of looking at that - in as many as 55 years we would not have got over 5,000 at home to Crewe sitting 4th from bottom of the 4th division in December. But the converse is attendances generally are the highest they've been since the mid 60s, especially at our level and we have more season ticket holders than the attendance which is disappointing. We should be aware in making comparisons though that some other clubs are declaring tickets sold rathe than number in the ground, Doncaster and Mansfield certainly do, I think Tranmere may do, perhaps Swindon as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 110
BenBB
December 9, 2023, 10:04pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

A couple of ways of looking at that - in as many as 55 years we would not have got over 5,000 at home to Crewe sitting 4th from bottom of the 4th division in December. But the converse is attendances generally are the highest they've been since the mid 60s, especially at our level and we have more season ticket holders than the attendance which is disappointing. We should be aware in making comparisons though that some other clubs are declaring tickets sold rathe than number in the ground, Doncaster and Mansfield certainly do, I think Tranmere may do, perhaps Swindon as well.

The weather can't have helped either.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 106 - 110
Theimperialcoroner
December 9, 2023, 10:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from BenBB

The weather can't have helped either.

100%. My dad has a season ticket but I have to bring him too/from the match. The uncertainty meant I couldn’t do this today so he missed it. One of many I’m sure.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 110
CSLM
December 9, 2023, 10:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
It's an odd one as tickets sold must have been higher due to season tickets but actual crowd was less.
Saying that I don't like the fake attendances so I can't complain haha.

I was quite surprised at the number tbh as seemed quite full but there we go.
Definitely feels like later in the season, or more likely next season, we will be selling out. Positivity is growing very quickly. It is great.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 110
Norseman
December 9, 2023, 11:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Think part of the problem for lower attendance was uncertainty from 10 am the game would be played .That put the long haul travellers off .Then the announcements of further pitch inspections put the people travelling less than 100 miles and locals who decided to do something else rather than waste the day waiting until 1 pm for it to be on .Magnificent job from the ground staff and well done the ref for giving it every chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Crewe H

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.