Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pitch Inspection 11AM
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Pitch Inspection 11AM

This thread currently has 12,086 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
December 9, 2023, 12:43pm
Guest User
I don't know how effective they are, but do we know if we had any covers on the pitch in the last 24 hours?
Reply: 70 - 111
MarinerDevil
December 9, 2023, 12:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,770
Gold Stars: 80
Hasn't been raining in my part of Cleethorpes for about an hour now. There's a heavy shower forecast at 1pm but it should be short lived.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 111
pizzzza
December 9, 2023, 12:44pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Mikey_345
Some of the comments around are just simply ridiculous. Firstly the club doesn’t make the call, the officials do. Some just happy to find a reason to have a moan at the club.

Pretty sure everyone knows who makes the call and no one blames the club.
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 111
MarinerDevil
December 9, 2023, 12:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,770
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from 123614
I don't know how effective they are, but do we know if we had any covers on the pitch in the last 24 hours?

I think they're designed for frost.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 111
MrThirsty
December 9, 2023, 12:45pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Mikey_345
Some of the comments around are just simply ridiculous. Firstly the club doesn’t make the call, the officials do. Some just happy to find a reason to have a moan at the club.

Also I’ve never really understood the “for the sake of the fans” argument. Sure, if it’s beyond doubt call it as early as possible. However if there’s a realistic chance of getting a game on, you have to give it as much chance as you can, surely? Anything other than that would just be a bit odd in my opinion..

I’m sure fans would be equally drunk off if a game was called off that could have been on.

I used to live a couple of hours away and it used to tick me off when the game was called off last minute or were started then abandoned (like the Sunderland TV game). I see the Barrow, Bradford, FGR, Mansfield and Sutton games are all off

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 111
Mikey_345
December 9, 2023, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from pizzzza

Pretty sure everyone knows who makes the call and no one blames the club.

Talking generally around Social Media not just here - I’m afraid many do not and do blame the club.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 111
December 9, 2023, 12:46pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarinerDevil

I think they're designed for frost.

Pretty sure rain as well, covers the whole pitch, how is it going to get wet and have big puddles on it?

Reply: 76 - 111
December 9, 2023, 12:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from HerveJosse

That looks terminal to me

Is this the best equipment we have for clearing water off the pitch?

Reply: 77 - 111
quebec38
December 9, 2023, 12:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,580
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Mikey_345

Also I’ve never really understood the “for the sake of the fans” argument. Sure, if it’s beyond doubt call it as early as possible. However if there’s a realistic chance of getting a game on, you have to give it as much chance as you can, surely? Anything other than that would just be a bit odd in my opinion..

I’m sure fans would be equally drunk off if a game was called off that could have been on.

Not seen anyone knocking the club myself. I think most people are quite aware it’s the league and it’s rubbish. Remember getting to Southend in the middle of winter in severe weather for the game to be called off 3 hours before? That sort of thing needs to stop. There needs to be some sort of cut off point.

The only people that seem in favour of a last minute inspection seem to be those that have no intention of going.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 111
Grantham_Mariner
December 9, 2023, 12:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,185
Gold Stars: 51
Ref will be keen for the game to go ahead, its his first ever EFL game.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 111
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pitch Inspection 11AM

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.