Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 10:08am
Game in Doubt, Pitch Inspection at 11
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 10:12am; Reply: 1
I'll be absolutely astonished if this is called off
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 10:13am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Davec

My thoughts exactly, Its not been chucking it down for days, and if this is off, then wtf is the new drainage system doing
Posted by: pizzzza, December 9, 2023, 10:14am; Reply: 3
Light precip at the moment but should clear up by kick off according to the forecast. Hopefully just a precaution.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 10:15am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Davec

Really ? There must be standing water to call for an inspection and with rain forecasted for the next two hours there must be serious doubt
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 9, 2023, 10:17am; Reply: 5
I’d imagine it’s been called just to give people ample time, the weather is due to ease off by 12 and stop by 2pm
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 9, 2023, 10:19am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

My thoughts exactly, Its not been chucking it down for days, and if this is off, then wtf is the new drainage system doing

The water table is really high, there's standing water near us where I haven't seen it before (near Louth). Just surprised at the timing as it will still be raining then but is more likely to be fit by kick off time.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 10:22am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

According to my weather station 4mm since midnight
Not much yesterday
Thursday 10mm
We’d 2mm
Tues 4mm
Monday 10mm
And on top of Novembers double the average rainfall the ground is pretty sodden
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 10:27am; Reply: 8
My garden is ankle deep in water. It's the cumulative effect of many days rain. The water table is very high.

If it is on, the pitch will be very heavy and we also have the usual matchday wind, so it won't be a great day for football.
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 9, 2023, 10:36am; Reply: 9
I’m in Cleethorpes, been steadily raining all night and morning, standing water everywhere.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 10:36am; Reply: 10
Well I'd be amazed if its off but you chaps seem to know a bit more about water levels than I.

Be very disappointed if a new drainage system is unable to handle this though
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 10:41am; Reply: 11
I know a couple of stewards who say they have heard it's likely to be off but then a couple have also said they have heard it should be ok so make of that what you will🤣
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 10:43am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Davec
I know a couple of stewards who say they have heard it's likely to be off but then a couple have also said they have heard it should be ok so make of that what you will🤣

It’s 50/50 than mate
Posted by: Dave Gilberts Left Peg, December 9, 2023, 10:44am; Reply: 13
Good to see the sustainable drainage system is working
Posted by: GollyGTFC, December 9, 2023, 10:47am; Reply: 14
It’ll be on. And the sprinklers will be on before KO and at HT.

Just a ploy to put doubt into the opposition.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 10:47am; Reply: 15
Sat on the seafront about a mile from BP and the weather is minging.

I wouldn't be bothered if it was called off if I'm honest.
Posted by: ska face, December 9, 2023, 10:56am; Reply: 16
Quoted from ginnywings

If it is on, the pitch will be very heavy and we also have the usual matchday wind, so it won't be a great day for football.

For a sport played between August & May, “great days for football” seem to be limited to a couple of weeks in early September and after Easter. It’s always either too wet, too dry, too windy, too dark, too cold, too hot, waterlogged pitch, frozen solid, baked solid, or under various levels of threat from the Met Office.

Regardless, I’ve got my frog suit on and looking forward to a footballing masterclass from the black & white wizards.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 10:59am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Davec

well considering they dont get there till 12 I'm saying that they know sod all
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2023, 11:00am; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings

As an exile, personally there’s not a lot I wouldn’t give to walk up Grimsby Road getting urine wet through to watch town at home to be fair.

Lots of inspections about in L2 today at similar times. Either Blundell Park is absolutely drenched and no prospect of play and we want to call early, which I’d be surprised about,  or the refs are doing them as a default with the weather that’s been around - Towns statement on OS mentions forecast.
Posted by: oochiad, December 9, 2023, 11:01am; Reply: 19
Weathers bloody awful, I’ve made it to GY early and at my Mothers. Her garden is inch deep in puddles all over……..Hopefully on but wouldn’t be at all surprised if called off.
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 9, 2023, 11:06am; Reply: 20
My bet would currently be OFF. I know the BP pitch is likely to have far better drainage than my garden, but the grass is flooded. Pretty awful really.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 9, 2023, 11:06am; Reply: 21
Well it’s been lashing down in Grimsby for the past couple of hours, so wouldn’t be surprised if it’s called off.
Posted by: DB, December 9, 2023, 11:06am; Reply: 22
Match on according to Town X

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
·
5m
⌛ Kick-off is coming up in four hours!

➡️ Supporters overseas can watch all the action from this afternoon's match against Crewe Alexandra live on Mariners TV for just £10 - match passes are available now.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 9, 2023, 11:07am; Reply: 23
That's a scheduled tweet. Ignore it,
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 9, 2023, 11:07am; Reply: 24
Quoted from DB

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
·
5m

➡️ Supporters overseas can watch all the action from this afternoon's match against Crewe Alexandra live on Mariners TV for just £10 - match passes are available now.

That's a scheduled marketing tweet, it is not confirmation of whether today's game is on or off.
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 9, 2023, 11:07am; Reply: 25
Quoted from DB

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
·
5m

Scheduled tweet, take no notice.
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 11:09am; Reply: 26
Having thought about it more I expect it may be off

Pitch inspection scheduled during when it was forecast to rain with more to come, seems to me that may be a pitch inspection just to confirm the inevitable?
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2023, 11:12am; Reply: 27
Quoted from Davec
Having thought about it more I expect it may be off

Pitch inspection scheduled during when it was forecast to rain with more to come, seems to me that may be a pitch inspection just to confirm the inevitable?

I’d have thought 11am is when the ref is getting to the ground tbf.
Posted by: DB, December 9, 2023, 11:13am; Reply: 28
Quoted from DB

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
·
5m

Sorry about this everybody, they've now taken it off.

Posted by: DB, December 9, 2023, 11:22am; Reply: 29
Further inspection 12.00

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
·
1m
After conducting an 11am pitch inspection with both Head Coaches present, the match officials have determined that there will be a further inspection at 12pm.

We will update supporters as soon as possible on the outcome of that.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 11:22am; Reply: 30
Another inspection at 12
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 11:23am; Reply: 31
Stupid, Rain stopping at 1... If its no good now, it wont be at 12 with a further hours rain on it

Feel for those travelling from Crewe
Posted by: TAGG, December 9, 2023, 11:24am; Reply: 32
High water at 2:30ish so there very little draining from the land
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 9, 2023, 11:26am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Hagrid
Stupid, Rain stopping at 1... If its no good now, it wont be at 12 with a further hours rain on it

Feel for those travelling from Crewe

And us Exiles ….. 🙄
Posted by: buckstown, December 9, 2023, 11:27am; Reply: 34
Another check at 12 is the equivalent of VAR sending the referee to the monitor
Posted by: MarinerDevil, December 9, 2023, 11:30am; Reply: 35
Rain is lighter now in Cleethorpes. There's no standing water on my lawn, about a mile from BP. If the pitch can survive the next hour it should be fine.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 9, 2023, 11:31am; Reply: 36
Quoted from buckstown
Another check at 12 is the equivalent of VAR sending the referee to the monitor

Correct. If it isn't fit at 11, I'm not expecting another hour of rain to make it better!!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 11:32am; Reply: 37
The decision is that there is no decision.

Was out walking with my brother yesterday and we were saying what a lovely day it was for a game of footy. Very still and not too cold.

The wind and rain arrives all too frequently on match days. It's uncanny.
Posted by: toontown, December 9, 2023, 11:40am; Reply: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Correct. If it isn't fit at 11, I'm not expecting another hour of rain to make it better!!

Perhaps it was fit at 11 but only just so they have to confirm whether it's ok after another hour of rain?
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2023, 11:41am; Reply: 39
I could be wrong but read it differently as the ground staff and ref must think there’s a chance of getting it playable.

Would assume it’s not a total write off as they’d just call it there and then. If that’s true, then 3 hours working on it with some improving weather maybe enough to get a game on.

Would rather they try get a game on than not tbh.
Posted by: Poojah, December 9, 2023, 11:42am; Reply: 40
Without wanting to sound pessimistic, in the past it’s been pretty rare to see a second inspection see the game on. Was it Harrogate last season where there was a third inspection at 1pm, which was described as precautionary with officials hopeful the pitch would be playable, only for it to be called off? That was a frozen pitch mind, so slightly different.
Posted by: blundellpork, December 9, 2023, 11:47am; Reply: 41
Multiple inspections usually results in the game being off, but my fingers remained crossed. I’d rather play on a Saturday than have a rearranged game for a Tuesday night in January.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 11:49am; Reply: 42
Say it quietly, but the rain has now stopped.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 11:54am; Reply: 43
8mm of rain today according to my weather station it was showing 3.5 at 9:30 this morning so been significant rain this morning
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 11:59am; Reply: 44
Not even raining get it on ref!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 12:03pm; Reply: 45
What do the stewards think
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 9, 2023, 12:07pm; Reply: 46
If the groundstaff have been working to remove water from the worst areas this morning then it should go ahead
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 12:08pm; Reply: 47
The Worst Areas under the findus

Tweet 1733457451008028736 will appear here...
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:10pm; Reply: 48
Be amazed if it's on seeing that pick. Hopefully they can get the big roller on it though.
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 12:12pm; Reply: 49
Of course the issue isn't just clearing the standing water, it is about the conditions under foot, what we don't know just by looking at pictures
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 9, 2023, 12:12pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Be amazed if it's on seeing that pick. Hopefully they can get the big roller on it though.

Do we have a big roller
Posted by: DB, December 9, 2023, 12:13pm; Reply: 51
Another inspection at 1.00pm

Following a 12pm pitch inspection conducted by the referee with both Head Coaches in attendance, a further inspection will take place at 1pm with further work to take place on areas of concern to clear water from the pitch.

The ground staff are working hard to get the game on.
Posted by: tashee69, December 9, 2023, 12:13pm; Reply: 52
I’d rather it be called off than have a farce for 20 mins followed by an abandoned game.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:17pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Do we have a big roller

Someone's just put a video of a roller on it on Twitter.

Be great if we get it on.
Posted by: lukeo, December 9, 2023, 12:18pm; Reply: 54
I say fair play to the club for doing all they can. The ref clearly thinks it's possible to clear the water
Posted by: denni266, December 9, 2023, 12:18pm; Reply: 55
Can anyone with a wet vax pleas report to the club lol
Posted by: MrThirsty, December 9, 2023, 12:19pm; Reply: 56
Once again there’s no regard for the travelling fans be they exiles or the Crewe fans
Posted by: It Bites, December 9, 2023, 12:19pm; Reply: 57
Another inspection at 1 tells me this will be on . No further significant rain forecast
Posted by: Hagrid, December 9, 2023, 12:20pm; Reply: 58
If the ref thinks its playable and wants another look thats his decision, nowt to do with the club

Rather worryingly its raining again
Posted by: quebec38, December 9, 2023, 12:20pm; Reply: 59
Absolutely not the clubs fault, I get that, but two hours before the game is too late. It’s pushing it for even surrounding areas like Lincoln let alone the Crewe fans who will be almost here. We’ve all had it happen to us, and it’s rubbish. There should be an arbitrary time the last inspection can be made and it should be earlier than 1pm for a 3pm kick off. To confirm, that is a dig at the league and not the club.

I see the usual non-attenders on twitter think it’s a cracking idea though. I guess they’ll just put a film on instead of the match eh.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:22pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from ginnywings

HHHMM Give my back teeth to sit on the "Prom Wall" with a bag of Chips and a can of "pop" what ever the weather!
"Costa Del Caterham" does not have a clue on chips as for the game if its on I am listening at the dining room table via Radio Humberside.
UTM

Posted by: LN8Mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:22pm; Reply: 61
Blue sky just coming out in Lincoln so hopefully the weathers travelling eastwards.
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:25pm; Reply: 62
Met office forecast heavy rain at 1……

My canoe is ready to go……
Posted by: mimma, December 9, 2023, 12:27pm; Reply: 63
If we play, what damage will it do to the pitch? It will be a quagmire and get badly churned up. The game itself will be a lottery with ball ball getting held up and not bouncing
Posted by: lukeo, December 9, 2023, 12:28pm; Reply: 64
Surely holding off the pitch inspection is helping the away fans? They've already left so the more work we put into it the better chance the game goes ahead
Posted by: HerveJosse, December 9, 2023, 12:28pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Hagrid
The Worst Areas under the findus

Tweet 1733457451008028736 will appear here...

That looks terminal to me
Posted by: Mike_67, December 9, 2023, 12:28pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from quebec38
Absolutely not the clubs fault, I get that, but two hours before the game is too late. It’s pushing it for even surrounding areas like Lincoln let alone the Crewe fans who will be almost here. We’ve all had it happen to us, and it’s rubbish. There should be an arbitrary time the last inspection can be made and it should be earlier than 1pm for a 3pm kick off. To confirm, that is a dig at the league and not the club.

I see the usual non-attenders on twitter think it’s a cracking idea though. I guess they’ll just put a film on instead of the match eh.

I can’t imagine anyone involved in the decision making calling it off if it was borderline at 11am with the rain set to ease. It still may well be off but if it turned out it could be played and they had postponed it I’m sure those travelling wouldn’t be happy with that either - especially when faced with another trip on a Tuesday evening instead.
It’s just our crap weather, it will cause disruption even with the best of efforts.

Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2023, 12:34pm; Reply: 67
Some of the comments around are just simply ridiculous. Firstly the club doesn’t make the call, the officials do. Some just happy to find a reason to have a moan at the club.

Also I’ve never really understood the “for the sake of the fans” argument. Sure, if it’s beyond doubt call it as early as possible. However if there’s a realistic chance of getting a game on, you have to give it as much chance as you can, surely? Anything other than that would just be a bit odd in my opinion..

I’m sure fans would be equally drunk off if a game was called off that could have been on.
Posted by: GrimPol, December 9, 2023, 12:39pm; Reply: 68
Weather Radar shows the movement of the front going out to sea, and nothing behind it.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
Posted by: Poojah, December 9, 2023, 12:42pm; Reply: 69
Tweet 1733464785029620115 will appear here...
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 12:43pm; Reply: 70
I don't know how effective they are, but do we know if we had any covers on the pitch in the last 24 hours?
Posted by: MarinerDevil, December 9, 2023, 12:43pm; Reply: 71
Hasn't been raining in my part of Cleethorpes for about an hour now. There's a heavy shower forecast at 1pm but it should be short lived.
Posted by: pizzzza, December 9, 2023, 12:44pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Mikey_345
Some of the comments around are just simply ridiculous. Firstly the club doesn’t make the call, the officials do. Some just happy to find a reason to have a moan at the club.

Pretty sure everyone knows who makes the call and no one blames the club.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, December 9, 2023, 12:44pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from 123614
I don't know how effective they are, but do we know if we had any covers on the pitch in the last 24 hours?

I think they're designed for frost.
Posted by: MrThirsty, December 9, 2023, 12:45pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Mikey_345

Also I’ve never really understood the “for the sake of the fans” argument. Sure, if it’s beyond doubt call it as early as possible. However if there’s a realistic chance of getting a game on, you have to give it as much chance as you can, surely? Anything other than that would just be a bit odd in my opinion..

I’m sure fans would be equally drunk off if a game was called off that could have been on.

I used to live a couple of hours away and it used to tick me off when the game was called off last minute or were started then abandoned (like the Sunderland TV game). I see the Barrow, Bradford, FGR, Mansfield and Sutton games are all off

Posted by: Mikey_345, December 9, 2023, 12:46pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from pizzzza

Pretty sure everyone knows who makes the call and no one blames the club.

Talking generally around Social Media not just here - I’m afraid many do not and do blame the club.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 12:46pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from MarinerDevil

I think they're designed for frost.

Pretty sure rain as well, covers the whole pitch, how is it going to get wet and have big puddles on it?

Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 12:49pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from HerveJosse

That looks terminal to me

Is this the best equipment we have for clearing water off the pitch?

Posted by: quebec38, December 9, 2023, 12:50pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Mikey_345

Not seen anyone knocking the club myself. I think most people are quite aware it’s the league and it’s rubbish. Remember getting to Southend in the middle of winter in severe weather for the game to be called off 3 hours before? That sort of thing needs to stop. There needs to be some sort of cut off point.

The only people that seem in favour of a last minute inspection seem to be those that have no intention of going.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:51pm; Reply: 79
Ref will be keen for the game to go ahead, its his first ever EFL game.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 9, 2023, 12:54pm; Reply: 80
The club have put a video on of the ground staff using a motorised roller. We didn't have that when Fenty was here, just the manual push ones.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 12:54pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from headingly_mariner
The club have put a video on of the ground staff using a motorised roller. We didn't have that when Fenty was here, just the manual push ones.

That's good to know.

Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 12:56pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from quebec38

Not seen anyone knocking the club myself. I think most people are quite aware it’s the league and it’s rubbish. Remember getting to Southend in the middle of winter in severe weather for the game to be called off 3 hours before? That sort of thing needs to stop. There needs to be some sort of cut off point.

The only people that seem in favour of a last minute inspection seem to be those that have no intention of going.

Ok twitter or X as it is now there are people commenting with things like "joke of a club" etc
Posted by: mimma, December 9, 2023, 12:57pm; Reply: 83
I can remember the groundsman pushing that little roller in the Derby cup game with the Derby fans taking the micky. It made us look very amateurish
Posted by: MarinerDevil, December 9, 2023, 12:59pm; Reply: 84
There's some breaks in the cloud now in Clee. As long as this incoming shower isn't too heavy it will be on.
Posted by: It Bites, December 9, 2023, 1:00pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Davec

Ok twitter or X as it is now there are people commenting with things like "joke of a club" etc

They are just simpletons.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 1:01pm; Reply: 86
Sun has just come out and I can see a bit of blue sky. Wind dropped too.

Now hoping this is on after being against it earlier on the seafront. I'll put it down to my wine hangover and Maccies getting my coffee order wrong. Asked for black and got caramel latte. It was disgusting.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, December 9, 2023, 1:02pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from mimma
If we play, what damage will it do to the pitch? It will be a quagmire and get badly churned up. The game itself will be a lottery with ball ball getting held up and not bouncing

Hmm true remember "footie " games back in the day (1970's) come winter they were playing on "The Somme!" You what i mean i guess abit of exaggeration,  plus now adays H&S the players and injuries.
We wait and see.
Posted by: Mappers, December 9, 2023, 1:05pm; Reply: 88
Staff at the ground reckon it should be on .
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 1:08pm; Reply: 89
Which was the match that was abandoned after our LB(?) made a 15 yard slide tackle by the corner flag in front of the Osmond corner, that threw up a sh!t load of water?
Posted by: Running like emson, December 9, 2023, 1:09pm; Reply: 90
On
Posted by: oochiad, December 9, 2023, 1:09pm; Reply: 91
Saying game on on FB
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 9, 2023, 1:09pm; Reply: 92
Game on!!
Posted by: mimma, December 9, 2023, 1:10pm; Reply: 93
That was the Derby cup game that was called off
Posted by: Mappers, December 9, 2023, 1:10pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from 123614
Which was the match that was abandoned after our LB(?) made a 15 yard slide tackle by the corner flag in front of the Osmond corner, that threw up a sh!t load of water?

Carlisle ?
Posted by: It Bites, December 9, 2023, 1:10pm; Reply: 95
Congratulations to the staff and the owners for having the right gear to sort it
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 9, 2023, 1:11pm; Reply: 96
game on
Tweet 1733473714165953016 will appear here...

Grimsby Town F.C.
@officialgtfc
After a further pitch inspection from the officials along with both Head Coaches, we can confirm that this afternoon’s game against Crewe Alexandra is on.

👋 See you soon, Mariners!
Posted by: chaos33, December 9, 2023, 1:13pm; Reply: 97
Come on!!!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 9, 2023, 1:14pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from It Bites
Congratulations to the staff and the owners for having the right gear to sort it

Yep, it's not only the obvious stuff they have updated. They have spent loads on stuff you don't even think about.

When I was working there, they had reps showing up with new lawn mowers for the groundsmen to try out. The old one was held together with spit and sawdust.
Posted by: Davec, December 9, 2023, 1:14pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from 123614

Carlisle last season on that Tuesday night

Glennon it was
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 9, 2023, 1:16pm; Reply: 100
So for those who have said this is unfair on exiles and away fans, I’d actually argue the opposite and say that everyone involved have done all they possibly can to ensure no wasted journeys. Would’ve been easy to call it off at 11am, after most Crewe fans had left anyway. Credit to the club and staff getting the surface playable, and to the ref for making the right decisions, they’ll probably be his last ones of the day mind.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 1:17pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Davec

Carlisle last season on that Tuesday night

Glennon it was

Thanks for that.  Just hoping something similar won't happen today, leading to an abandonment halfway through the match.

Posted by: GrimPol, December 9, 2023, 1:20pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Davec

Here I am blissfully unaware there are plonkers Tweeting/Xing rubbish about our club.
Is it because I don't follow plonkers/anybody on X I ask myself?
Posted by: mimma, December 9, 2023, 1:22pm; Reply: 103
Let us just pray that it doesn't start raining again and the game gets abandoned like that Derby game a few years ago
Posted by: Wiley2405, December 9, 2023, 1:25pm; Reply: 104
I’m on holiday and I’m trying to buy a match pass but when I go on mariners tv it’s just showing audio passes or midweek matches available to buy can anyone help
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 1:27pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Wiley2405
I’m on holiday and I’m trying to buy a match pass but when I go on mariners tv it’s just showing audio passes or midweek matches available to buy can anyone help

Depends where you are on holiday.  Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs, but you cannot watch the stream live in the UK, unless you use a VPN.
Posted by: Wiley2405, December 9, 2023, 1:30pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from 123614

Depends where you are on holiday.  Not wanting to teach you to suck eggs, but you cannot watch the stream live in the UK, unless you use a VPN.

Lanzarote mate 😂
Posted by: oochiad, December 9, 2023, 1:32pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from jimgtfc
So for those who have said this is unfair on exiles and away fans, I’d actually argue the opposite and say that everyone involved have done all they possibly can to ensure no wasted journeys. Would’ve been easy to call it off at 11am, after most Crewe fans had left anyway. Credit to the club and staff getting the surface playable, and to the ref for making the right decisions, they’ll probably be his last ones of the day mind.

Yes people speaking on behalf of exiles talk crap most of the time. I’m an exile and you expect this kind of thing occasionally. I knew there was a chance it could be called off but I still came and I certainly wouldn’t have thrown a wobbler if it got cancelled. Anyway game on, UTFM!!!!!
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 1:33pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Wiley2405

Lanzarote mate 😂

Then you shouldn't have any problems, as long as you are logged into Mariners TV.  I just logged in to the matchday stream to see if it was working ok, and it is.
Posted by: GrimPol, December 9, 2023, 1:42pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Wiley2405

Lanzarote mate 😂

Just tested with VPN and I could if wanted to buy a sub-pass for the match at £10.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 9, 2023, 1:58pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from GrimPol

Just tested with VPN and I could if wanted to buy a sub-pass for the match at £10.

Sounds like a plan.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 9, 2023, 5:03pm; Reply: 111
Many thanks to the ground staff and anyone who helped in any way get this game on , valuable three points
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 6:50pm